Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2020, 10:19 AM

11,792 posts, read 5,798,330 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
OHHH you now you know who I am voting for?? I'm not sure how you will know this, but, you will NOT be in my little cube when I cast my ballot -- assumptions again.
Yep - you hate Trump, Desantis, and feel "It is very true that BLM and ANTIFA are causing damage and riots, that cause altercations resulting in death or bodily harm-- but the real radicals in the group are few and far in between." - you're voting for the very people that support this violence.

Oh and since you say - we'll still be here in Spring kind of negates your the sky is falling Covid posts. So I guess we don't have to be concerned with Covid.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2020, 10:24 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,847,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowGirl View Post
The original post in this thread poses a false dichotomy. As one such person who opposes the riots and other excesses of the extreme left as well as the anti-environment activities and may other actions of the Trump administration I reject the idea that I have to embrace one or the other.

you dont have to embrace one OR the other. accept that there are differences and be willing to compromise with either side if those compromises are reasonable. what the OP is pointing out though is that the far left that is running the democrat party now is not compromising. for them it is their way or the highway.

as for the trump adminstration, show me where they are anti enviroment. trump did order that regulations be cut. but he said for every new regulation you need to cut two older ones. stop looking at one side of the record and look at EVERYTHING that is being done. do this and i think you will find that older regulations that do nothing but kill jobs are being eliminated, and replaced by new regulations that do what the law requires, as well as saving jobs.

and many of the regulations that cut were NOT environmental ones. you still cannot get around the clean air and clean water acts unless they are repealed, and congress wont do that.

Old 09-27-2020, 10:26 AM

35,703 posts, read 21,063,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyWillis View Post
Disregarding your suggestion re church etc., I spoke about the left. We (the USA) may be fine, but only if the left is dis-empowered, or at a minimum, deflected. Your definition of "alright" is probably far different than mine, but there is nothing "alright" about the aims and goals of the left - NOTHING WHATSOEVER!
The left or a few of the left? Point is- only FEW of the left is being heard... and in the end- congress makes the laws to change anything with the judges to seal the deal, if necessary... we will change- but government is SLOWWWW as molasses.

Old 09-27-2020, 10:33 AM

35,703 posts, read 21,063,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
Yep - you hate Trump, Desantis, and feel "It is very true that BLM and ANTIFA are causing damage and riots, that cause altercations resulting in death or bodily harm-- but the real radicals in the group are few and far in between." - you're voting for the very people that support this violence.

Oh and since you say - we'll still be here in Spring kind of negates your the sky is falling Covid posts. So I guess we don't have to be concerned with Covid.

1- I hate no one, but Disantis is a bootlicker who is damaging Fl... he will be voted out. I hope MrT as well. not liking their policies has nothing to do with HATE-- those are your words and never been mine. I wish neither any harm, just kicked out of office.

2- We have to worry about Covid more than a few riots, that have happened in out country since 1800's. this is NOT political and I love my family who are all essentials and are OUT there with people.

3- the threat of death or hard illness from Covid is real,,, take it or leave it.

Old 09-27-2020, 10:34 AM

5,654 posts, read 6,219,394 times
Quote:
Well, you have to VOTE for one or the other.
No, you don't. There will be others on the ballot and I am looking at all options. And even for those who dislike both Biden and Trump and elect to hold their noses and vote for one of the other, that doen't mean that criticizing the shortcomings of both is not "copping out" as the original post sttates. What you are arguing is that the Democratic platform is such a threat that those who dislike both Biden and Trump should vote for Trump. And that is perfectly fine. My point is simply that those of us who don't like either aren't being "dishonest" or "copping out," we really don't like either.

Old 09-27-2020, 10:45 AM

7,906 posts, read 7,890,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lital_The_Best View Post
We hear the left and right, the liberals/progressive/democrats and the republicans/conservatives/"alt-right" go at each others neck. And this will probably always be the case. And yes, you do have rotten apples from both sides. As a libertarian (who tends to side with the right/conservatives more often then not), I definitely have criticism for people of both opposing parties. However, the cop out some people want to use by saying "Its both sides that are terrible!" are not being honest, I think.

As it stands, right now, the left is almost entirely--if not entirely--responsible for all the dysfunction that is occurring in the U.S. (and the west for that matter).

I say this as someone who used to be very left leaning up until a few years ago. At one point, liberals were a party that I stood behind. I would agree they were even perhaps a much more reasonable party then more conservative and right wing party. This was about 15-20 years ago. As the liberal/progressive party started being swallowed up by technocrats and the democratic party, being brought out by the very same powers that claim to be against (big businesses, oligarchs), I started to see a shift for almost the past decade.

Conservatives (NOT Republicans) have become the counter-culture, the ones whom are much more reasonable (for the most part). I would even say the conservative party is truly more of a very moderate party. Its not old white, super religious men who dominate the party. Its now younger, more hip, educated minds of different racial, ethnic, religious, sexual orientated backgrounds. If you know, you know.

Meanwhile the left have become the very thing they claim to be against, fascism. And it brings me to my point: The left are to blame for America's chaos.

The left:
-Has and do condone and rallies on riots, looting in the guise of "protest"
-Have bailed out rioters, looters, BLM-Antifa people
-Are the ones whom support pedophilia and child endangerment (Drag queen story hour?)
-Control and own the big media outlets (other then FOX, MAYBE. I'm not caping for FOX)
-Non-compliant lockdowns and mask wearing the "ultimate crime" yet crickets for BLM protest and anarchy

The list goes on.

A lot of you lefties can sit here and blame the right, blame White supremacy all you want. Like I mentioned in another thread, "White Supremacy", neo-Nazis, KKK, Aryan Brotherhood (whom are a prison gang, so there that goes) aren't going around burning down cities and destroying communities. As much as you (far leftist) want to insist and believe that that's the case and that they are "undercover", its simply not happening. And again, as a Latino, there's no way I am caping for them but the facts are the facts.

BOTTOM LINE:

Conservatives (not so much Republicans, don't trust them) are the party, are the people that want to see America flourish, prosper, whom mostly want peace. Yeah, you got some bozos like the "Proud Boys" and "Boogooloo Boys" whom do look for trouble sometimes and I think they waste their time engaging these ANTIFA-BLM people. Again, they aren't going around burning things down though.

Conservatives--and anyone who isn't far left for that matter--are much more reasonable.

The far left aren't reasonable, don't care about facts and simply just want to burn things down. Point blank.

So yeah, its not BS, cop out notion of "Both sides are bad!". Sorry to tell you.

how are you hispanic (but look black) and are riding with for someone that did nothing for your country, when hit by a hurricane and COVID?

sit. down.

Old 09-27-2020, 11:11 AM

6,927 posts, read 6,938,652 times
Quote:
Guilt by association - when you don't speak out against what the far left is doing and go along with them to appease them or because you are afraid of them - you fit right in with the OPs box.
OP's pretence of being the voice of reason completely falls apart with this bombastic statement which invalidates everything else that follows:

As it stands, right now, the left is almost entirely--if not entirely--responsible for all the dysfunction that is occurring in the U.S. (and the west for that matter).

You bet. And the right wing's unflinching support of one of the most destructive presidents in America's history has nothing to do with our current problems.

As Ayn Rand would have said, "Check your premises."

The only thing which fits into OP's "box" is Schrodinger's cat*.

*(A famous thought experiment from the study of physics resulting in conclusions that challenge seemingly established assumptions about reality.)

Old 09-27-2020, 11:25 AM

8,196 posts, read 2,845,962 times
There are some RINOs who are as bad as the leftist DEMs, but as a whole, the DEM party is responsible for trying to destroy our country as we know it and the Conservative Republicans are pro America.

Old 09-27-2020, 12:18 PM

3,226 posts, read 6,639,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
Good post OP and I agree. The Left is a real danger to the future of America.

I do wonder where the Democrats would be if they didn't have the mass media on their side?

The way I see it a vote for Biden is a vote for more of this anarchy because the Dems are in favor of tearing down the nation.

A vote for Trump is a vote For America, MAGA, prosperity and pride for all.

The very future of our country is on the line in November.
I hate to get all hyperbolic and dramatic but I do believe this may be one of the most important elections in American history.

Trump ain't perfect and I don't care about that, I don't expect him to be. He is a GLORIOUS prospect compared to Joe Biden AKA and truthfully, Kamala Harris.

Voting democrat is voting for disaster.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
Another opinion board of folks they know nothing about-- Assumptions base on a few... trying to put all in a BOX!
Then let's hear your opinion.

Quote:
Wow - your post certainly reflects my views. As a conservative Democrat I'm inflamed with the antics of the leftists on these boards as well as those who are destroying out society. The young of today want instant gratification unlike those of us who grew up knowing that change is a result of hard work and doesn't happen overnight.
Absolutely. Instant gratification is a killer of many things nowadays. No appreciation for the journey and build up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMS02760 View Post
Thanks to the OP for the great laugh.
You're welcome, I do enjoy making people laugh. Either at me or with me. Hopefully you have more to laugh at.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
Great post and I'll add one more thing. Ever notice that "compromise" to the left means do it my way or else.
That's all it is: Wanting complete control and superiority.

Most people just want to be left alone and have the freedom to pursue the life they choose. As long as it doesn't impede and harm anyone else's.

The far left is all about making you convert to their life, their views, their dogma. Point blank.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowGirl View Post
The original post in this thread poses a false dichotomy. As one such person who opposes the riots and other excesses of the extreme left as well as the anti-environment activities and may other actions of the Trump administration I reject the idea that I have to embrace one or the other.
I didn't and wouldn't give you an ultimatum, I'm not suggesting such either. However, the far left will do that to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by censusdata View Post
As recently as 2012 the Democrats nominated someone who was against gay marriage. In just 8 years the Democrats have moved to support looting, parents right to force a child to undergo sex change, and defund or even abolish police departments. Other the Trump's twitter feed Republican policies really haven't changed that much in decades.
Yep.

Quote:
They've already put themselves in the box. The poster merely made the observation thereof.

He is spot-on.

The left threatens the very economic, civic and political freedom of America, and, indeed, humanity. It is all-but-impossible to overstate the case. They are a direct threat to the economy, and if it fails, we perish.
Funny enough, the far left will claim they are for the "little people" meanwhile they can care less for small businesses. And make excuses as to why small and medium businesses are burned down. "Lives over the economy!" "You care more about your business then a life! You can always get your business back!" Is their mantra. Utterly ridiculous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
OK. Do you feel better now?
I always feel good. There's never a reason not to be in a good mood.

Old 09-27-2020, 12:22 PM

3,560 posts, read 1,654,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vkhmini View Post
Like the left does when they call all white people "RRRRRRRRRRRRaycists"??????

And the right that calls the Proud Boys and KKK and Qballers righteous "conservative" defenders of the constitution? Give me a break. If it walks like a duck and talks like a duck, its probably a racist neo-fascist.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies