Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2020, 06:00 AM

2,490 posts, read 2,548,507 times

Advertisements

Someone get control of these troll posts please
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2020, 06:01 AM

24,521 posts, read 17,277,292 times
Don't worry we will soon all be driving electric vehicles according to Biden and the Dems but who knows where all that electricity will come from? Biden is against the reliable coal and oil fired power plants, who knows how he feels about nuclear but he sure is all about green energy. Green energy is terrific but what happens when the wind doesn't blow or the sun doesn't shine? I guess we all stay home that day?

Of course the dirty little secret of those "clean" green cars is that the materials used in their batteries and how they are mined is anything but clean.

Old 09-30-2020, 06:21 AM

14,394 posts, read 11,274,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraniteStater View Post
Many homes have multiple heat sources. Propane, wood, wood pellets, and solar.
Good luck telling that to the millions of people on Long Island and in CT who realistically can only heat with oil.

How does solar work for heat in the middle of winter?

Old 09-30-2020, 06:23 AM

14,394 posts, read 11,274,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
Don't worry we will soon all be driving electric vehicles according to Biden and the Dems but who knows where all that electricity will come from? Biden is against the reliable coal and oil fired power plants, who knows how he feels about nuclear but he sure is all about green energy. Green energy is terrific but what happens when the wind doesn't blow or the sun doesn't shine? I guess we all stay home that day?

Of course the dirty little secret of those "clean" green cars is that the materials used in their batteries and how they are mined is anything but clean.
I’m all for green energy if we can get nuclear from around 20% of energy generation to > 50%.

Add more offshore wind too - off the coast of CA, NY and NJ.

Old 09-30-2020, 06:29 AM

30,472 posts, read 21,329,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post
and Imposes the draconian new green deal. Will fuel prices skyrocket, Will I be able to stay in business with skyrocketing energy costs. So Is this the most important election in my lifetime “you better believe it”
You can expect $6+ a gal with that man.

Old 09-30-2020, 06:30 AM

30,084 posts, read 18,698,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
I have never cared about gas prices and I won’t start now. And I’m certainly not gonna cast a vote based on something as flimsy with price vicissitudes like a gallon of gasoline. Presidents have practically nothing to do with gas being cheap or high unless they start a dumb war in the Middle East.

I’ve got 3 V8’s, a straight 6, and my wife’s diesel wagon. I couldn’t possibly care less what it costs to fill them. If I like a car, I don’t care about gas mileage or the price of a gallon.

If someone is pressed enough about doom and gloom over gas prices, you need to sell the damn car and ride a skateboard.
Hmmmm……………………….. a straight 6? Is there perhaps a vintage vehicle hiding there among your cars?

I have several "Woodie" autos and am in the process of restoring a '41 international Woodie. I do all the work myself (wood and mechanical) so it takes about four years, as I am a full time physician.

It is, of course, a straight 6. Not much HP, but solid as a rock and indestructible.

Old 09-30-2020, 06:34 AM

3,575 posts, read 2,202,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordSquidworth View Post
Except he even said last night he doesn’t support it.

Find something else made up to ***** about.
Red oscasio Cortez comment sJoe does support it. Biden changes his mind Ashe goes whatever you want to hear. Never would I vote for the dim wit

Old 09-30-2020, 06:35 AM

30,084 posts, read 18,698,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LKJ1988 View Post
You can expect $6+ a gal with that man.
1. "Green Energy" destroyed the economy of Spain

2. Unlike what Biden said, there is not a single source of "green energy" that is more economical than fossil fuels

3. Solar is one of the most polluting sources of green energy, as there is massive heavy metal waste

4. "Green energy" is destroying the rain forests. The Brazilian rain forest is being mowed down to plant...……………………. switch grass for biofuel!

5. The only way "green energy" works is massive federal subsidies

6. The "green energy" initiatives of Obama went bankrupt

7. Natural gas is a much cleaner fossil fuel and we have massive reserves

8. Idiots forget that to power electric cars, you need fuel for the electric plants

9. In true liberal form, they focus on a hoax like "global warming". Meanwhile, the oceans fill with plastic, dead zones expand, and our water becomes more and more contaminated. Just like libs to focus on an ant while being attacked by a bear.

Old 09-30-2020, 06:51 AM

24,521 posts, read 17,277,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
1. "Green Energy" destroyed the economy of Spain

2. Unlike what Biden said, there is not a single source of "green energy" that is more economical than fossil fuels

3. Solar is one of the most polluting sources of green energy, as there is massive heavy metal waste

4. "Green energy" is destroying the rain forests. The Brazilian rain forest is being mowed down to plant...……………………. switch grass for biofuel!

5. The only way "green energy" works is massive federal subsidies

6. The "green energy" initiatives of Obama went bankrupt

7. Natural gas is a much cleaner fossil fuel and we have massive reserves

8. Idiots forget that to power electric cars, you need fuel for the electric plants

9. In true liberal form, they focus on a hoax like "global warming". Meanwhile, the oceans fill with plastic, dead zones expand, and our water becomes more and more contaminated. Just like libs to focus on an ant while being attacked by a bear.

Highlighting your #4. I thought it was telling in the debate last night where Joe practically blamed Trump for the rain forest being torn down.. All I could think was "what did you do about it in the 8 years you were VP?"

Joe also said that green energy would create hundreds of thousands of new jobs, ok it will but what about the hundreds of thousands that just lost their jobs in the fossil fuel sector?

We could put solar panels on all our roofs and windmills in our backyards but when it is cloudy and the wind is not blowing in the dead of Winter I can heat my house with my wood stove but what about all that smoke going up the chimney and into the atmosphere?

The Demos better figure this out before they force us off fossil fuels.

Green energy is great but we are not even close to tossing fossil fuels out.

Old 09-30-2020, 06:58 AM

8,389 posts, read 4,380,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post
and Imposes the draconian new green deal. Will fuel prices skyrocket, Will I be able to stay in business with skyrocketing energy costs. So Is this the most important election in my lifetime “you better believe it”
I don't see it. More electric vehicles, less fuel demand, lower prices, cleaner environment. I remember when gas was 32 cents and when it was 4 dollars. I am just not sure of the point you are making.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies