Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2020, 06:59 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Other day I was filling up the work van paying $2.05 at the pump and thinking to myself God Forbid if good ole Joe Wins
In end of 2008 gas was about $2.00, and people like you praised Bush for it.

Little did they understand the price was low because the economy was in the gutter. Likewise, the price is low now because the economy is hurting. US oil production, which has been steadily increasing for 12 years, is decreasing this year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2020, 07:08 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,652,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
I have never cared about gas prices and I won’t start now. And I’m certainly not gonna cast a vote based on something as flimsy with price vicissitudes like a gallon of gasoline. Presidents have practically nothing to do with gas being cheap or high unless they start a dumb war in the Middle East.

I’ve got 3 V8’s, a straight 6, and my wife’s diesel wagon. I couldn’t possibly care less what it costs to fill them. If I like a car, I don’t care about gas mileage or the price of a gallon.

If someone is pressed enough about doom and gloom over gas prices, you need to sell the damn car and ride a skateboard.
President Trump has an energy policy that for the first time in modern history has made America independent and not held hostage by ME countries !!!

That's a fact !!! Obama & Biden didn't know how to do that !!! Deal with it !!!

Old 09-30-2020, 07:21 AM

17,307 posts, read 22,046,867 times
I'll weigh in on the fuel prices, at one point fuel was costing me $2000 a month for a small fleet of trucks. It was a significant line item on the budget at a time when raising prices was not going to be an option. While I agree even if it bumps $1 a gallon and you burn 50 gallons a week, $2600 a year shouldn't bankrupt a viable business.

Old 09-30-2020, 07:34 AM

30,432 posts, read 21,255,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
In end of 2008 gas was about $2.00, and people like you praised Bush for it.

Little did they understand the price was low because the economy was in the gutter. Likewise, the price is low now because the economy is hurting. US oil production, which has been steadily increasing for 12 years, is decreasing this year.
Bush 1 and 2 with their failed wars and record oil prices about did this country in...

Old 09-30-2020, 07:39 AM

9,434 posts, read 4,253,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foodyum View Post
His green policy is published in detail. Read it if you want to know the details. Of course congress has to pass it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LKJ1988 View Post
You can expect $6+ a gal with that man.
Love to see your model that came up with that number. I do have a degree in math so I’d be interested.

Old 09-30-2020, 07:42 AM

30,432 posts, read 21,255,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foodyum View Post
Love to see your model that came up with that number. I do have a degree in math so I’d be interested.
With our luck buck joe would ruin this country and drive oil prices even higher than the Bushes did.

Old 09-30-2020, 08:14 AM

23,974 posts, read 15,082,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
President Trump has an energy policy that for the first time in modern history has made America independent and not held hostage by ME countries !!!

Oh yes.

POTUS Trump allows fracking water to be dumped into the very same rivers that are the source of much household water.

That means more people will be buying plastic bottles filled with the same water they would get from their faucets.

Just imagine 1/4 of that bottle filled with petroleum because that's what it takes to put that water on the grocer's shelf.

Old 09-30-2020, 08:17 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,381,866 times
You should get yourself a Costco membership - the savings on gas alone more than pays the yearly dues.

Are we going back over $4/gallon again like when W was in the big chair? No? Then I don't care. I never regretted my votes for W and I won't regret my vote for Biden.

Old 09-30-2020, 11:47 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Hmmmm……………………….. a straight 6? Is there perhaps a vintage vehicle hiding there among your cars?

I have several "Woodie" autos and am in the process of restoring a '41 international Woodie. I do all the work myself (wood and mechanical) so it takes about four years, as I am a full time physician.

It is, of course, a straight 6. Not much HP, but solid as a rock and indestructible.
Lol...I wish. I’ve always wanted a first gen Ford Falcon with that 170 cubic inch straight six. Great engines.

But no. I have a Z4 with a twin turbo straight six, though I hardly drive it anymore.
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post

If you say so.

Old 09-30-2020, 12:31 PM

28,353 posts, read 16,381,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Hmmmm……………………….. a straight 6? Is there perhaps a vintage vehicle hiding there among your cars?

I have several "Woodie" autos and am in the process of restoring a '41 international Woodie. I do all the work myself (wood and mechanical) so it takes about four years, as I am a full time physician.

It is, of course, a straight 6. Not much HP, but solid as a rock and indestructible.
Many current and late model BMWs use an inline 6, my N55 motor included. I'm betting that's what DD is referring to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies