Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2020, 08:37 AM

8,105 posts, read 6,779,274 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bu2 View Post
Republicans made New York Great Again. Democrats have quickly turned it into a sewer.
As an ex-Nyer I concur.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2020, 09:58 AM

19,302 posts, read 17,182,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bu2 View Post
Absolutely nothing crooked DJT has done in office. Same can't be said about Obama's CIA and FBI and Biden threatening the Ukraine.
Don't start deflecting and bringing up all the boogie men who aren't in office, its getting old.

Old 10-04-2020, 10:02 AM

23,652 posts, read 14,093,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VA Yankee View Post
Don't start deflecting and bringing up all the boogie men who aren't in office, its getting old.
Well, perhaps people don't want to have those boogie men back in office, don't want to return to the time before.

Old 10-04-2020, 10:43 AM

26,016 posts, read 13,015,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cp102 View Post
They are moving to Texas in droves and bringing the same ideas. I see it on nextdoor , facebook, Twitter, when they post. I fear Texas will be changed and not in a good way. They are pushing the hatred of the police. Try posting on nextdoor about supporting the police and you will see what your neighboring areas are really like.our have changed to so that the few who try to support the police are bashed!
I suggest making them all move to Austin so you can contain the future blight & homelessness to a well-defined area, away from Dallas Ft. Worth, and other Pub areas.

Old 10-04-2020, 10:47 AM

26,016 posts, read 13,015,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VA Yankee View Post
All I keep reading is Democrats, Democrats , Democrats if Republicans are such great leader then why aren't they elected as the mayors for cities, why are their cities the ones that aren't growing, why aren't people wanting to move to these glowing hot spots?

Save the crookedness allegations because the current administration has not only taken it to a new level and the Presidents conduct is a disgrace to the office of the President.
This drifts too far off topic, or I'd answer more fully, but for now....Guiliani.

Newsome was horrible in San Fran, & was/is a cocaine addict, so what did Californians do? Elected him to be Governor! Can't make this stuff up.

No wonder why Californians are fleeing the state now...they need to get out before Newsom passes the wealth tax that wil have the 10 year look-back provision.

Old 10-04-2020, 10:51 AM
gg

26,137 posts, read 26,051,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sholomar View Post
The bad part about this is that they'll move to their new states, and vote democrat (depending on who is leaving of course), eventually messing those states up too. I'm not talking about the southern states listed by the poster above me, but rather the great plains states, like the ones I live in. Then they go on reddit and complain that the states won't lockdown and people have masks off. Sigh. It's like building a house next to a ranch and then complaining that you smell manure... what did you expect?

Hopefully most of the lefties pick the Minneapolis area.. that's still nice there, for the most part. Denver is good if you can afford the overpriced real estate, and much warmer. To a degree I believe Minneapolis is nicer because it just gets so cold out that the homeless elements can't really handle it there.
Yep, the CA people are destroying Colorado. I feel so bad for the old school residents there that enjoy hiking, skiing and outdoors, but now they are dealing with super high prices for everything and more democratic ways that will just turn it into the CA of that region. Shame, but they are moving out all over and destroying everywhere. I wish they would stay put!

Old 10-04-2020, 10:52 AM

45,675 posts, read 24,097,122 times
Shapiro is moving to Nashville -- it's blue.

Why not move to Tulsa if that's why he's moving?

Old 10-04-2020, 11:06 AM
JL

8,522 posts, read 14,570,348 times
Texas is becoming more Democratic too. Many Californians are moving there. Houston Texas has been Democratic for a long time now. I think Texas will be blue in 4 yrs...it is already a swing state this coming election.

Old 10-04-2020, 11:09 AM

45,675 posts, read 24,097,122 times
Why not move to a red city in a red state.

Because it isn't just the politics.

Of course it is about what is trending..right now Nashville is a hot market for celebs of all kinds -- it was the northwest for a bit, was California, next year it will be another spot.

None of what Shapiro does requires him to be in any specific region. It's online work -- he can work remotely anywhere.

So why not move to a completely Republican run community.

Because that's not what it is about....lol.

Old 10-04-2020, 11:12 AM

7,834 posts, read 4,586,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
Not just California, Washington State and probably Oregon also.

Boeing just announced moving the 787 to South Carolina.
More than one reason for these Corporate and small.business moves.
Boeing is getting a 20-30% discount in their labor costs having bubba's slap their planes together. Think about that next time you hop a jet...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies