Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2020, 10:24 AM

20,736 posts, read 19,414,123 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEmissary View Post
You may think it's really stupid for a "short period of time" if your parachute fails to open on the way down. Kinda like the way Governor Chris Christie probably feels in Morristown Memorial Hospital being obese, having Type 2 diabetes and asthma. "Why did I go to the White House for Amy Covid Barrett's Supreme Court announcement?" "I could've gone to the Mendham Dunkin' Donuts instead!"

Good point. How stupid are many fat Americans? They are not willing to risk COVID , but are willing to risk obesity. They want to to change your behavior because they are afraid to die but refuse to change their own behavior.

This is why I despise modern Leftism. Used to be liberals were the ones that understood nuance and compromised contexts but they are nothing but full of assumed reality and the black and white edict that applies. Used to be the censorious religious Republicans that represented this mania. No concept of their own behaviors putting them at risk. No concept of personal responsibility and risk tolerance. They want society to conform around their belief system. If you don't want to be exposed at all then you must be the one that makes that arrangement. I know someone who got COVID because their work exposes them to it. Should they shelter in place at leisure while they are forced to work in public?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2020, 10:29 AM

20,736 posts, read 19,414,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEmissary View Post
Just as relevant is Trump's fundraising in Bedminster NJ a few days ago. Trump's donors want a return on their "investments" as well. They also got that "bonus exposure" to Covid-19 at no extra charge! What a "great leader" we have.
I went to Home Depot. I did not have to go there. I saw a lot of other people there. Are we all stupid or do we have a risk tolerance higher than pusillanimous agoraphobics trembling. and blubbering under their beds?

G̶i̶v̶e̶ ̶m̶e̶ ̶l̶i̶b̶e̶r̶t̶y̶,̶ ̶o̶r̶ ̶g̶i̶v̶e̶ ̶m̶e̶ ̶d̶e̶a̶t̶h̶!̶

Old 10-04-2020, 10:30 AM

9,556 posts, read 4,382,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
Democrats: Before jumping, be trained by a certified instructor, with a properly packed parachute following established protocols.

Republicans: You can't make me wear a parachute. Geronimo...

Gotta admit, that was funny.

Old 10-04-2020, 10:34 AM

6,957 posts, read 8,507,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
Good point. How stupid are many fat Americans? They are not willing to risk COVID , but are willing to risk obesity. They want to to change your behavior because they are afraid to die but refuse to change their own behavior.

This is why I despise modern Leftism. Used to be liberals were the ones that understood nuance and compromised contexts but they are nothing but full of assumed reality and the black and white edict that applies. Used to be the censorious religious Republicans that represented this mania. No concept of their own behaviors putting them at risk. No concept of personal responsibility and risk tolerance. They want society to conform around their belief system. If you don't want to be exposed at all then you must be the one that makes that arrangement. I know someone who got COVID because their work exposes them to it. Should they shelter in place at leisure while they are forced to work in public?

But when someone like Bloomberg tries to restrict the sale of sugary drinks that foment obesity, the Right screams bloody murder about "taking away our choices". So I guess you're one of those people who believes that health is solely an individual responsibility and if you get sick "too bad so sad!" ...and by the way, I'm not spending a dime to keep you people alive. Right?

Old 10-04-2020, 10:38 AM

21,989 posts, read 15,757,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post

Trump is admittedly fat. And it is the GOP that equates obesity and Big Gulps to "freedom". Trump has all the risk factors (and I suspect his brother died of Covid) but he mocked Biden wearing a mask on national TV.

Old 10-04-2020, 10:51 AM

4,627 posts, read 3,409,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
Trump is admittedly fat. And it is the GOP that equates obesity and Big Gulps to "freedom". Trump has all the risk factors (and I suspect his brother died of Covid) but he mocked Biden wearing a mask on national TV.
Trump also openly mocked Hillary Clinton in 2016 when she came down with pneumonia.

How many times do we hear from conservatives on this board about people and the "bad choices" they make in life leading to their own misfortune. Trump made his bed now he has to sleep in it....granted he gets the best medical care in the world all funded by the taxpayer.

Old 10-04-2020, 10:52 AM

26,211 posts, read 19,569,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astral_Weeks View Post
Trump also openly mocked Hillary Clinton in 2016 when she came down with pneumonia.
On the 4 year anniversary of Trump mocking her during a campaign rally, he announced he had Covid.

Old 10-04-2020, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
On the 4 year anniversary of Trump mocking her during a campaign rally, he announced he had Covid.

Karma, Baby, Karma!

Old 10-04-2020, 11:01 AM

25,652 posts, read 17,396,620 times
Gotta laugh at all these "Republicans fall like dominoes" Yo-yo's.
I remember when Lefty was outraged that everything was shut down, and that covid was like the flu. It's different, now.
Death toll among administration officials is zero. Does anyone think Lefty has noticed that?

Old 10-04-2020, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
Gotta laugh at all these "Republicans fall like dominoes" Yo-yo's.
I remember when Lefty was outraged that everything was shut down, and that covid was like the flu. It's different, now.
Death toll among administration officials is zero. Does anyone think Lefty has noticed that?

How's Herman Cain doing these days?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies