Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2020, 11:13 AM
gg

26,137 posts, read 26,002,895 times

Advertisements

Last I checked the death rate in democratic run states is wildly high compared to red states. NJ, NY and most all of New England come to mind. Then even in red states, the cities are the ones that get it, so they are usually democratic run and inhabited. Let's face it, this is a democratic virus for the most part, but we can now focus on the 10 republicans that got it. lol What a joke.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2020, 11:19 AM

20,728 posts, read 19,382,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
IMO, the Council for National Policy worked years to gain control of the Republican party. They started from the ground up. They finally reached their goal.

They are dragging POTUS Trump to the right. He has a few strongly held views that he upholds. On most issues, he doesn't care one way or the other. The decider is the CNP. That's Kelleyanne's job.

Go ahead and name one.

Old 10-04-2020, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEmissary View Post
But when someone like Bloomberg tries to restrict the sale of sugary drinks that foment obesity, the Right screams bloody murder about "taking away our choices". So I guess you're one of those people who believes that health is solely an individual responsibility and if you get sick "too bad so sad!" ...and by the way, I'm not spending a dime to keep you people alive. Right?

Yes I would be one of those individuals that does not believe sugar wars will be any better than drug wars. I am after all a liberal, not an authoritarian Leftist .

Old 10-04-2020, 11:40 AM

9,825 posts, read 11,562,997 times
I’m hoping that once Trump looses, and he will lose in November that, his crazy Tea party people will follow him out of office and out the Republican Party like the piped piper. Us real Republicans can regroup and get a real Candidate ready for 2024. Trump followers are funny, I have a dumb in-law that’s been a starch Democrat for most of his life, but a borderline racist. In about 2015 he hitched his wagon on to Trump and is all of a sudden a life long Republican
Last thanksgiving me and his cousin had enough his crap and called him on his BS. He got so butt hurt And mad that, we called him out last Thanksgiving that he not coming this year. His Aunt stated on Facebook that, “he can stay at home in is 500k house he inherited from his dad and cry about, white privileged not being real, by himself. Although funny it’s kid of sad at the same time, this is what to this country has come too.

Old 10-04-2020, 11:41 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,044,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YourWakeUpCall View Post
I'm going to vote for Trump, but have been very disappointed with Trump's messaging regarding CV-19. It's impossible to quantify how much damage his message has or hasn't done, but it's likely had a negative impact. Regarding his handling of the crisis: there is simply no way to know one way or another whether the negative impact would have been more or less if someone else had been in office. Personally, I don't think wearing a mask and social distancing is much of an ask and am appalled at people who act like it is. On the other hand, the economic impact of lock downs are very real. Finding the balance between reasonable restrictions and letting the pandemic run wild is very, very difficult. We're living the results of Trump's attempt to find that balance. Everything else is just talk. Biden or anyone else who claims they could have done better is full of crap. Likewise, Trump is full of crap when he says it would have been worse under Biden. The fact is, nobody knows.

Bottom line: In terms of who I am voting for, the CV19 is a non issue. Even if it was, I'm not a fan of single issue voting.

In terms of the GOP being "sort of stupid". Yep, when it comes to masks and social distancing, they've been pretty dumb. On the other hand, I feel like Democrats have a huge list of issues on which they've been stunningly obtuse, so Dems still have a firm lock on the overall stupid award.
The virus itself isn't the issue -- how the crisis was and is being managed is key for me.

With the President openly defying and mocking the guidelines, and now ending u pin the hospital and sick with the virus given his age and weight ......that's just careless, reckless, choices. Clearly poor judgement.

Old 10-04-2020, 11:46 AM

8,079 posts, read 10,090,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
Sort of ??? Seems to me the GOP went all in for a full dose of stupid and went back for a second helping.
It doesn't help that we have a bunch of (the "best") third string players in the administration right now. Some of them look like they wouldn't even qualify for the minor leagues.

Old 10-04-2020, 11:49 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,044,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
Last I checked the death rate in democratic run states is wildly high compared to red states. NJ, NY and most all of New England come to mind. Then even in red states, the cities are the ones that get it, so they are usually democratic run and inhabited. Let's face it, this is a democratic virus for the most part, but we can now focus on the 10 republicans that got it. lol What a joke.
it isn't about blue vs. red. that's the problem.

It's about the USA.

it is true New York City and subsequently the states that act as feeder states for NYC for workers, etc.....was hit the hardest. Tracing has shown that travel from Europe was mainly to blame for that. And travel from Europe wasn't curtailed until end of March?

A state like Wyoming doesn't have that kind of traffic from outside the USA and doesn't see as many people commuting to other states on a daily basis.

Old 10-04-2020, 11:58 AM

19,658 posts, read 12,251,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitman619 View Post
I’m hoping that once Trump looses, and he will lose in November that, his crazy Tea party people will follow him out of office and out the Republican Party like the piped piper. Us real Republicans can regroup and get a real Candidate ready for 2024. Trump followers are funny, I have a dumb in-law that’s been a starch Democrat for most of his life, but a borderline racist. In about 2015 he hitched his wagon on to Trump and is all of a sudden a life long Republican
Last thanksgiving me and his cousin had enough his crap and called him on his BS. He got so butt hurt And mad that, we called him out last Thanksgiving that he not coming this year. His Aunt stated on Facebook that, “he can stay at home in is 500k house he inherited from his dad and cry about, white privileged not being real, by himself. Although funny it’s kid of sad at the same time, this is what to this country has come too.
This sounds like a mean and jealous family.

Politics should never be allowed to interfere with family and holidays, it's really petty.

Old 10-04-2020, 12:14 PM

3,698 posts, read 1,366,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HansProof View Post
We're all getting this virus.

You can either be a Dem-voting, pea-testicled Nancy OR just live your life.

Trump 2020
This! And those nancies who did everything they could to avoid this will be most likely to die from the next one.

I get the flu every year I dont let it keep me down. My immune system stays up to date.

Old 10-04-2020, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
Trump is admittedly fat.And it is the GOP that equates obesity and Big Gulps to "freedom". Trump has all the risk factors (and I suspect his brother died of Covid) but he mocked Biden wearing a mask on national TV.

You utterly failed the nuance of the argument as predicted. You can not comprehend anything other than "fat people" as a homogeneous concept . I did not say all fat people were in scope.

The argument, was a fat person insisting others engage in in more extraordinary behavior than not eating muffins. If a fat person does not shame other people for exposing them, then there is no hypocrisy.

I need not provide any examples of regressive Leftism . They just fall out of the sky.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies