Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2020, 08:33 PM

3,042 posts, read 5,002,336 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
This is what a smart reaction to increases in the virus look like, or they could just ignore the hotspots and wait for the death toll to increase. I know, I know, lets just rely on people taking personal responsibility, get big gubermint put of the picture an all will be fine.
Yeah, it's genius. There's no way anyone can cross zip codes for nightlife or shopping.

For reference, my office building has it's own zip code.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2020, 08:38 PM

7,934 posts, read 8,593,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbythegreat View Post
I fully support it, kill NYC.
It's dead. Fun while it lasted.

Old 10-04-2020, 09:26 PM

39,875 posts, read 26,514,597 times
So the mayor will force more people to go without making a living. More business owners to lose their life's work. I trust he has at least forgone his paycheck and that of any of his staff during these "lockdowns".

Old 10-04-2020, 10:03 PM

324 posts, read 271,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Informed Info View Post
Same happened in largely Hasidic Lakewood, NJ - after the recent high holy days were celebrated.

Murphy has been more concerned with telling people who point out the fact that these folks live by their own rules & endanger others in the neighboring towns (but has called other groups knuckle-heads) is anti-semitism. For the same reason you stated - Hasidic population in Lakewood votes as a block. They voted for him in the last election & he wants them to vote for him again.

The folks who live in Lakewood and the surrounding towns in Ocean County are not happy.
The area around Kiras Joel (spelling is off I know it) is having the same issue right now as well...I still have friends that live the next town over..... they ignore building codes, safety requirements, stiff businesses that are non Hasidic (most now require cash upfront when dealing with this group) and wont pay taxes!

Old 10-05-2020, 05:41 AM

57,296 posts, read 26,217,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnytang24 View Post
Yeah, it's genius. There's no way anyone can cross zip codes for nightlife or shopping.

For reference, my office building has it's own zip code.
These zip codes are hot spots, although residents can cross borders there is likely some reckless behavior going on in those areas. The other option is to do nothing and just let the virus increase.

Old 10-05-2020, 05:52 AM

45,226 posts, read 26,450,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
This is what a smart reaction to increases in the virus look like, or they could just ignore the hotspots and wait for the death toll to increase. I know, I know, lets just rely on people taking personal responsibility, get big gubermint put of the picture an all will be fine.
Killing the economy, keeping people from gyms, socialization, quarantining the healthy. Its a recipe for disaster.

Will it be fine without violent politicians wielding destructive power? Yes. How has it gone with other respiratory illnesses over the centuries?

Old 10-05-2020, 05:53 AM

6,933 posts, read 2,391,611 times
Mayor Big Bird Deblasio is a full fledged COMMUNIST drunk on POWER and CONTROL!

Cases cases cases....IS ANYONE SICK?????

This whole pAnDeMiC is an epic SCAM!!!!

Old 10-05-2020, 07:17 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,385,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbieHere View Post
Our city has 2 cases of Covid-19 after school reopens, but they didn’t shut down anything, those students were quarantine.
Cool story. Not sure what it has to do with this thread, but cool story.

...Nearly 1,100 people have tested positive in Brooklyn in just the last four days, according to state figures...

Pretty sure 1,100 is much higher than 2.

Old 10-05-2020, 07:25 AM

1,438 posts, read 779,459 times
But conservatives told us that New York had already achieved herd immunity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies