Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2020, 08:53 AM

12,022 posts, read 11,571,141 times

Advertisements

The press coverage was accurate. The company is petitioning for emergency use authorization which would make it more widely available before it's approved for the public.

"Regeneron's experimental antibody treatment is still in large-scale clinical trials, but has been available for compassionate use, something the FDA has to approve on an individual basis, like it did for the President."

https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/08/healt...apy/index.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2020, 08:58 AM

2,911 posts, read 1,359,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
No one said a president should not have quicker access. One has said, however, that a president should not downplay a virus and then act like a weakling when it comes time to face the virus. Extremely hypocritical to been an arse about it, flout guidelines, but then ensure you get VIP treatment. It's really easier to be cavalier and Mr. Big Pants when you have access to everything medicine has to offer as quickly as snapping your fingers--and that's with a "mild" case.
Well said!

Old 10-08-2020, 09:01 AM

13,601 posts, read 4,931,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paracord View Post
What part of the 99.9+% survival rate don't you agree with?

Why do you want the president to drone on and on about negativity? Do you not think it's an uplifting message?

Do you not think some people are going bat**** crazy and hiding unnecessarily?

Portraying a positive message in the face of a 99.9+% survival rate, with new, fantastic therapies coming onto the market every day is GREAT for the country, for the economy, etc.

Cheer up man, get a more positive outlook. This virus isn't going to kill you in all likelihood.
Yes. in all likelihood the virus won't kill me. It is also highly unlikely that I will be killed by an Islamic terrorist, so let's stop with all of this airport security. No sense in me wearing a seat belt, since only 37,000 die in the US from car crashes each year. There is a low probability of my house burning down, so I can just cancel my homeowners insurance, right?

BTW, 217,000 dead out of 7.8 million cases = 2.8%, or 97.2% survival. 99.9% might apply to young healthy folks.

Old 10-08-2020, 09:12 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,487,222 times
Quote:
A post like what?

You people just said you won't even trust a VACCINE if its in experimental state.

Now you're saying millions of people should get an experimental drug cocktail?

So you're all for cutting the FDA red tape now, are you?

GOOD!

And the point is that the president has the utmost need to get healthy immediately. A normal person can afford to not get an experimental drug, not have 12 doctors, and will be fine! The world isn't watching a normal person!

Normal people also don't get the White House, Marine 1, AF1, and the nuclear codes, just FYI.
You people???

Your minimalist effort was not even a good effort at deflecting:

I did not say the drug should be made available universally. Quote that part of my post.
I have never said to n ot trust a vaccine. Quote any post of mine saying so.
Where did I even suggest the cutting of red tape? Quote that part please.

The point is not about whether the President should be made healthy and whole as quickly as possible but the hypocrisy of those who ignore these points:

He's just occasioned the benefit of an aborted fetus.
He's been afforded that privilege within one day of his treatment commencing and upon him merely showing a positive test result. The ten others receiving that treatment were deemed "no hope" and given it after all other treatment protocols had failed after many days/weeks of treatment.
Many of you will die without even having the chance to get that treatment - a two tiered society in spite of your much vaunted constitution stating otherwise right within it's preamble.

Old 10-08-2020, 09:15 AM

8,943 posts, read 2,964,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
You people???

Your minimalist effort was not even a good effort at deflecting:

I did not say the drug should be made available universally. Quote that part of my post.
I have never said to n ot trust a vaccine. Quote any post of mine saying so.
Where did I even suggest the cutting of red tape? Quote that part please.

The point is not about whether the President should be made healthy and whole as quickly as possible but the hypocrisy of those who ignore these points:

He's been afforded that privilege within one day of his treatment commencing and upon him showing a positive test result. The ten others receiving that treatment were deemed "no hope" and given it after all other treatment protocols had failed after many days/weeks of treatment.
Many of you will die without even having the chance to get that treatment - a two tiered society in spite of your much vaunted constitution stating otherwise right within it's preamble.
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Okay great. Take your "two-tired" sob story and go elsewhere.

Every liberal in history brings this up. Reality is that there will always be successful people and unsuccessful people, always be heads of state that get extra privileges, etc.

If that bothers you, you're going to be unhappy your whole life unless you can go live in some area like CHAZ.

Old 10-08-2020, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasLawyer2000 View Post
On a volunteer basis, just like Trump.
Horse pucky!

You can volunteer all you like. You can beg on bended knee and until FA approval, your doctor will refuse it under threat of punishment.

Willful blindness towards the hypocrisy evident is inexcusable.

Old 10-08-2020, 09:27 AM

Quote:
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Okay great. Take your "two-tired" sob story and go elsewhere.

Every liberal in history brings this up. Reality is that there will always be successful people and unsuccessful people, always be heads of state that get extra privileges, etc.

If that bothers you, you're going to be unhappy your whole life unless you can go live in some area like CHAZ.
When you can't address the arguments; fall back on the dismissive "liberal" nonsense without the apparent realization those "liberals" undeniably form the majority of your fellow citizens.

And what/where the hell is a "CHAZ"? Is that some place like your bedroom closet you're still afraid of in the dark?

How old are you?

Old 10-08-2020, 09:44 AM

13,601 posts, read 4,931,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lchoro View Post
The press coverage was accurate. The company is petitioning for emergency use authorization which would make it more widely available before it's approved for the public.

"Regeneron's experimental antibody treatment is still in large-scale clinical trials, but has been available for compassionate use, something the FDA has to approve on an individual basis, like it did for the President."

https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/08/healt...apy/index.html
You are misreading that. Compassionate use could apply to any drug that is still in clinical trials. When an individual patient wants to receive such a drug, and the company is willing to give it to them, they have to apply to FDA for permission. So each patient is handled separately.

Old 10-08-2020, 10:13 AM

37,102 posts, read 41,261,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post

The antibody cocktail is not made using cell lines from aborted fetuses. It uses cells derived from golden hamster ovaries.

Old 10-08-2020, 10:40 AM

10,093 posts, read 6,431,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
It's fine that he gets that treatment, but it's not at all fine that he does not acknowledge the uniquely special care afforded to him which gives him a distinct advantage.

Trump is clearly still trying to downplay the seriousness of this disease. We don't need shenanigans right now, we need honesty.
Hah - good luck with that! That particular well has been dry for a looong time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies