Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2020, 02:45 PM

29,518 posts, read 22,653,459 times

Advertisements

This one doesn't look good.

When I first read about this Sunday, I wanted to wait before making any sort of judgement call (the Floyd effect). All we had was eyewitness testimony after all and look what that did this year in multiple such police incidents.

However, the Texas Rangers investigated and seems like they found enough to charge the officer with murder. Apparently the guy resisted (surprise surprise), but in a peaceful way, whatever that means. However, not sure that was reason to taser the guy and then shoot him as he convulsed. I get it that when officers arrive on scene they don't know exactly what's going on, and even if a guy is trying to intervene in a dispute and it's physical, they have to assume both are belligerents.

There has to be video footage somewhere either police bodycam or cell phone video to make a better judgement call. Remember Jacob Blake, the video showed a completely different situation than the revisionists were initially reporting.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/texas-poli...ry?id=73445272

Quote:
A Texas police officer has been charged with murder in the shooting death of a Black man in East Texas over the weekend.

Wolfe City police officer Shaun Lucas was being held on a $1 million bond following his arrest late Monday night, according to the Texas Rangers, who are investigating the incident.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2020, 03:09 PM

7,300 posts, read 3,398,309 times
In an era of massive political street terrorism and press vilification of the Police, while ignoring statistics, it absolutely can't be concluded that the arrest was anything but a pre-emptive defensive action on the part of the Police department. It certainly can't be used to conclude that the Officer is likely guilty. Charges can be later dropped.

Engage in street terrorism, and begin to witness unusual actions and reactions. The old predictive nature of events is a thing of the past. Which speaks to the toxic nature of such terrorism.

The press is sufficiently and demonstrably corrupt to the point that it is judicious to not believe their narrative, on its face, and to instead wait for the facts to come out.

I'm still patiently awaiting the press to highlight the injustice of murdered cops and murders of others at the hands of Blacks, instead of cherry picking statistically ordinary incidents to butress and anti-Police and anti-Law and Order campaign (which is not in the best interest of Black people).

We can talk about these events, but the discussion has to occur in the context of all relevant statistics. Justice has to be structured and served evenly.

We are waiting for the Press to remove the taint of politics from coverage of these events, desist from instigating and supporting streeet terrorism, desist from acting as an extra-legal and non-democratic court, restore trust in the press institution, and assure that the way is clear for actual law, order, and justice to operate.

Old 10-06-2020, 03:17 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 8 days ago)

35,633 posts, read 17,968,125 times
I've been following this case.

It would be interesting to see video, if there is any, and get the straight answer of whether, for sure, this man was simply intervening in a violent domestic dispute taking place in public.

The fact that the cop has quickly been charged with murder makes the initially implausible story more believable.

What made him walk away from the cop who was talking to him and ordering him to stop? If nothing else, haven't we at least learned not to do that?

Sad case. It sounds like he was beloved member of the community.

Old 10-06-2020, 03:48 PM

7,814 posts, read 6,392,163 times
Looks like they way over charged him. If he screwed up then it’s manslaughter or criminally negligent homicide

Old 10-06-2020, 03:56 PM

25,116 posts, read 16,219,510 times
it's a fairly simple question - does little (<2K people) Wolfe City have bodycams?

Old 10-06-2020, 04:02 PM

15,063 posts, read 6,175,095 times
This guy backed the blue and still lost his life. He actually did not resist according to other sources. Sometimes you can’t be the Good Samaritan. Call the police and leave.

Old 10-06-2020, 04:19 PM

3,563 posts, read 1,880,250 times
Hmm...no fiery protests for this fella...wonder if him being a normal citizen rather than a criminal is why? It's obvious BLM only gets upset when those with long rap sheets/those who coddle gangsters (Breonna Taylor by example) are killed.

If he really is a normal, employed upstanding citizen than I'd like to see some rage in the streets over his killing. But no, the rage and outrage is reserved for those living that thug lyfe...

Why does BLM have no love for those who seek to live ordinary lives? Why do they only adore the lowlifes, why just why??

Old 10-06-2020, 05:45 PM

20,126 posts, read 16,159,824 times
Not sure Murder is the correct charge but, yeah, he’s going to jail. It should probably be manslaughter.

Old 10-06-2020, 05:58 PM

3,538 posts, read 1,327,950 times
this will be interesting because this black man was very much a "all lives matter"/"blue lives matter" type of guy. He was the type of black guy to say racism didn't exist. So going to be interesting to see how this gets spun.

Also, time and time again, intervening in a couple's domestic dispute usually turns bad for the "white knight". It's never worth it to get involved beyond calling the police. This time it was the police, other times it's the couple themselves both turning on you. Seen it too many times. Man and Woman arguing/fighting..."white knight" comes in trying to save the damsel in distress...and the damsel and the other man jump the white knight.

Old 10-06-2020, 06:42 PM

15,063 posts, read 6,175,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VexedAndSolitary View Post
Hmm...no fiery protests for this fella...wonder if him being a normal citizen rather than a criminal is why? It's obvious BLM only gets upset when those with long rap sheets/those who coddle gangsters (Breonna Taylor by example) are killed.

If he really is a normal, employed upstanding citizen than I'd like to see some rage in the streets over his killing. But no, the rage and outrage is reserved for those living that thug lyfe...

Why does BLM have no love for those who seek to live ordinary lives? Why do they only adore the lowlifes, why just why??
You should pay more attention. BLM backed people like Botham Jean, a hard-working, educated immigrant. I don’t agree with some of the people BLM backs but there’s no need to tell lies. Contain your hate. Perhaps you’re too easily “vexed.”
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies