Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2020, 11:31 PM

26,580 posts, read 14,485,895 times

Advertisements

well, there's always yelling on the corner with a cardboard sign.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2020, 04:28 AM

8,840 posts, read 4,815,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicano3000X View Post
It started as a 4Chan joke that some user named "Q" was working within the white house and stating that president Trump was fighting a ring of pedophiles that drank kids blood to stay immortal.

It somehow poured into mainstream social media and half of america's stay at home mom's now believe it and keep sharing it. The mother of my brother's gf is one of those QAnon believers and she keeps forwarding facebook posts to my mom. Luckily my mom isn't a guillable.
Ugh so grateful I'm not dealing with that. My uncle used to forward all my siblings racist xenophobic stuff - he would have been all over Q. But he's dead now.

Old 10-07-2020, 05:08 AM

17,019 posts, read 12,624,761 times
Not a fan of Qanon but is Rose City Antifa still up? How about Seattle Antifa.

Old 10-07-2020, 06:10 AM

28,343 posts, read 16,418,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golgi1 View Post
I'm not a fan of Qanon, but it wreaks of calculated so-called election interference that Facebook is banning a widely-followed Trump-supporting speaker one month before the Election for President.
If the Q accounts are violating the TOS, why should they be given a pass just because they are posting quasi-political content?

Old 10-07-2020, 06:12 AM

28,343 posts, read 16,418,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
I see the resident Trumpers/Republicans are out in full force crying and moaning over a private business making a private business decision.

Their devotion to Marxism is at a fever pitch.
Indeed, lots of "conservatives" in this thread.

Old 10-07-2020, 07:42 AM

4,023 posts, read 1,447,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Aren't you a pretty solid liberal/Democrat? I think so from your posts.

If so, everyone take a look: we have a liberal/Democrat teaching Trumpers/Republicans how capitalism works.

What does that say about you, Team Red?
This is a subject of 1st amendment rights not capitalism. Facebook is clearly a media entity and should be governed by different rules than your average organization. Facebook is dictating what people get to say and what they don't get to say, a clear violation of 1st amendment rights. If it was not a media company, I would agree with you that they have the right to run their business how they want. Media companies play (or should) by different rules.

Old 10-07-2020, 08:21 AM

7,741 posts, read 5,537,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
Qanon is an insane cult that is destroying families and lives through collective brainwashing. Its followers have committed bizarre and unhinged acts of violence far beyond shooting up a pizza place.

Remember that guy who tried to drive a train through a harbor to crash into the USS Comfort?

Or the armed man who blocked the road at the Hoover dam with an armored truck?

How about the guy who killed his brother with a sword because he thought he was a lizard?

Then there are the attempted murders, threats, kidnapping of children, etc.

All you need to know about this cult you can learn by hearing from people who managed to escape it. They are always mystified by their own behavior during the time they were under its spell.

They describe it as an actual addiction they had to break.

Here's another angle:

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/b...ds-qanon-feeds

The right doesn't realize that they are a part of the biggest brainwashing propaganda act in the history of the world.

My favorite from this past year: That Wayfair, the online furniture, was smuggling children in a certain type of cabinet because someone input the price wrong on the site.

Social Media is feeding into the sickness at an alarming rate.

Old 10-07-2020, 08:21 AM

4,627 posts, read 3,405,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no_recess View Post
i see the resident trumpers/republicans are out in full force crying and moaning over a private business making a private business decision.

Their devotion to marxism is at a fever pitch.
+1

Old 10-07-2020, 08:22 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,727,228 times
Quote:
Facebook bans QAnon across its platforms
It's their product, so they have every right to deny memberships from trolls and conspiracy theorists. It seems many Trump supporters are so gullible that its probably for their own good, because it saves them from the embarrassment of re-posting ridiculously fake stuff.

Old 10-07-2020, 08:31 AM

22,278 posts, read 21,771,101 times
It's the families I feel most sorry for. It must be so heartbreaking to see your parents and siblings slipping into mental illness because of this online addiction.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...ies-loved-ones

"QAnon Casualties" speak out
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies