Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: It over! Which candidate won tonight's debate?
Harris 101 31.37%
Pence 221 68.63%
Voters: 322. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2020, 09:43 PM

17,604 posts, read 6,894,659 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonestar2007 View Post
Newsflash for you. If Biden and that woman do happen to get into the People's House? as you call it and the Republicans decide to take a page from the Democrats playbook and start the hate mongering, the interference, the drama non-stop, how on earth do you foresee a different future?

Oh, that's right, you know the Republicans won't do it. That is a democrat thing and we've all had to endure it for the last 4 years.

Just be honest for once. It's always ok for Dems to constantly attack, lie, rant, rave and spread hate and discord and God knows this is all they've done for the last 4 years, but for the Reps to fight back? WHOA BUBBA, what you think you're doing?! That ain't how this game is played, don't you know?!

Bless your hearts, it's got to be nice to always have someone to blame your own shortcomings on.
Asking Democrats to be honest is a lost cause, but I applaud your efforts. You're 100% correct.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2020, 09:52 PM

132 posts, read 56,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
The KKK hasn't been relevant in years. The KKK broke off largely in the 1980's and 1990's into splinter groups.

However Trump will not disavow the Proud Boys and other white supremacists and paramilitary groups threatening to protect him or voting locations. This is why I vote by mail, I avoid hecklers.
If you would stop parroting the media BS and take a little time to do some research you'd find he has "disavowed White Supremacists"many times.

You might also learn that about 30% of the Proud Boys members are "People of Color".

Here's one of the main leaders, Enrique Tarrio:

Old 10-08-2020, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigCreek View Post
Good point, and I hope that was her intent. I still think Pence should have been put in his place for his overt disregard of the agreed-up debate rules. I found him extremely disrespectful.
I hope you feel the same way about Biden wanting to change the "agreed-up debate rules" for his next scheduled debate.

Old 10-08-2020, 10:05 PM

4,344 posts, read 5,795,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snyper View Post
If you would stop parroting the media BS and take a little time to do some research you'd find he has "disavowed White Supremacists"many times.

You might also learn that about 30% of the Proud Boys members are "People of Color".

Here's one of the main leaders, Enrique Tarrio:
Correct.

There was someone in this very forum that created a conversation about the Proud Boys, it was very informational and I even learned a couple of things about them.

Old 10-08-2020, 10:07 PM

17,156 posts, read 12,951,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bu2 View Post
Harris and Biden give different answers depending on the audience. That's the issue there. What is their policy?

A halfway decent and honest party might take your position and make that argument. That's not today's Democrat pandering party.
Since you didn't check their positions as I did. Harris outlined these clearly in the debate and so did Biden.

DEMOCRAT POSITIONS:

A gradual shift to green energy
Raising taxes on people making over $400k/year (OMG, people will have to pay more to get more! That's so unamerican! )
Expanding Obamacare
Lowering Medicare age to 60
Diversity programs for government officials
2 years of paid college for low income students
$10,000 in student loan forgiveness
Possibly court packing
No ban on fracking

REPUBLICAN PLAN:

I didn't hear one. Did anyone? I didn't read one on the website either. I assume it involves:

Trump skipping out on paying taxes
Trump vacationing every weekend on our dime
Trump infecting everyone in sight with his COVID disease and killing many of them
Trump tweeting insults every day

Old 10-08-2020, 10:21 PM

37,165 posts, read 19,174,827 times
Quote:
I hope you feel the same way about Biden wanting to change the "agreed-up debate rules" for his next scheduled debate.
Biden had nothing to do with it. The Debate Commission decided to change it, and announced their decision to both candidates.

Old 10-08-2020, 10:25 PM

Quote:
I haven't seen any press descriptions of her performance as "poor". That's your own take.
Then you haven't looked:

https://www.bing.com/search?q=kamala...RM=CHRDEF&sp=1

Old 10-08-2020, 10:28 PM

12,003 posts, read 11,888,749 times
Quote:
Are you writing about Biden supporting the debate commission's plan for a virtual debate, to avoid exposing uninfected people to Covid-19? Seems like common sense to me. It wasn't just Biden who supported this sensible, practical suggestion. The commission which plans the debate schedule first proposed it, as I understand. Biden agreed.

It was Trump, not Biden, who refused to participate if this were done.

Old 10-08-2020, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Biden had nothing to do with it. The Debate Commission decided to change it, and announced their decision to both candidates.
He could ask they stick to the agreed upon rules since there's no reason to cancel.

He didn't.

Old 10-08-2020, 10:44 PM

Quote:
Are you writing about Biden supporting the debate commission's plan for a virtual debate, to avoid exposing uninfected people to Covid-19? Seems like common sense to me. It wasn't just Biden who supported this sensible, practical suggestion. The commission which plans the debate schedule first proposed it, as I understand. Biden agreed.

It was Trump, not Biden, who refused to participate if this were done.
He can wear his mask and do "social distancing".

It's no more "sensible and practical" than at any other time.
It's still the same risk.

He "agreed" because it's an easy way out for him.
He won't have to face Trump on his own.

Trump wants to stick to the agreed upon rules.
When Democrats see themselves losing, they always want to change the rules.

And speaking of "flies":
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-survived.html

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies