Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2020, 06:37 AM

26,498 posts, read 15,079,792 times

Advertisements

The NBA - where CCP supporting multimillionaires claim that they are oppressed and hunted down everyday in America while wearing single-use jerseys made in a sweatshop in a country that literally rounds up Uighur minorities into concentration camps and makes you disappear if you criticize the government!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2020, 06:40 AM

13,511 posts, read 17,038,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPECFRCE View Post
Everyone will be clamoring around the NBA and NFL etc.. the same as before.

This year obviously proves to be an awkward year in generally globally- get a gripe.

Personally- if this is their message and belief-good for them..as they decide to wear BLM pinky rings fine if not; no sweat.

Why would we have a problem with their display of dissatisfaction or concern? As they kneel, utilize three letters "BLM", wear specific colors or clothing etc.

Unless of course it makes you uneasy due to Subconscious discomfort or insecurities. Leave them be.

I think you are wrong about the NBA. I think you are going to see serious ratings slippage for years to come after this.

The NFL has not been as in your face about it, at least the games I've been watching. ESPN has been.

It's not all about subconscious discomfort and insecurities...I'm sure it is with some people...but it's about them pushing a belief that is false, that furthers ideas that are destructive.

If they had invested 1/10th of the energy they have in BLM towards a "stop gang violence and shooting people" campaign, they could have done a world more good for people in impoverished communities. But when most of your players have music in their headphones before every game where you brag about shooting people, killing snitches, and treating woman as sexual objects, that might mean you'd have to look inward. Much easier to call 80% of your audience inherently racist.

Old 10-08-2020, 06:40 AM

6,933 posts, read 2,391,611 times
Ha ha! LOSERS!

Old 10-08-2020, 06:44 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,270,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriotic Dissent View Post
https://www.theblaze.com/news/nba-to...medium=twitter

Seeing your ratings crash and burn makes ya wake up eh!? I still won't watch, I have no interest in it.
From a Seinfeld episode:

George: Fellas, is this about money?

Answer: yeah (snorting) - It's about money.

Old 10-08-2020, 06:47 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,564,185 times
too late/screw 'em

Old 10-08-2020, 06:55 AM

78,432 posts, read 60,613,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
Haha.. NBA is living rent free in your heads.
Their ratings are in the basement and the Harris poll on people that have stopped watching cite 38% political content, 19% China (also political) and so forth. (Posted to an earlier thread)

The NBA has a history of tightly managing the product, like cracking down on the players dress code to appeal to a broader market....instituting increasing fines for gay slurs and so forth. Basically, if it's costing them viewers and money the league acts.

Given that the league and it's players are already willing to turn a blind eye to how most of their shoes and apparell are made in sweat shops as well as being afraid to say anything negative about China because of fears over lost market access and revenue I think we know that their moral compass will swing back around to due $outh for next season.

In reality, it has nothing to do with BLM but rather the fact that the NBA will always circle back to doing what's profitable.

Old 10-08-2020, 07:02 AM

7,928 posts, read 3,473,493 times
Quote:
Everyone will be clamoring around the NBA and NFL etc.. the same as before.

This year obviously proves to be an awkward year in generally globally- get a gripe.

Personally- if this is their message and belief-good for them..as they decide to wear BLM pinky rings fine if not; no sweat.

Why would we have a problem with their display of dissatisfaction or concern? As they kneel, utilize three letters "BLM", wear specific colors or clothing etc.

Unless of course it makes you uneasy due to Subconscious discomfort or insecurities. Leave them be.
Quote:
Absolutely.

We're investing emotion and attaching our time to the wrong end of the equation. Building a nation and listening to the concerns at the very least will get you further.

Quite a few simple-minded liberals & conservatives.

We're Human first; always.
All arguments that are great to have on a political forum, but typically people don't want to be part of their sports entertainment experience. You can have all the haughty contempt for people who are bothered by it that you want but it looks like this time the NBA would rather have these folks as fans and consumers and leave the political stands and arguments to us.

Old 10-08-2020, 07:13 AM

2,707 posts, read 1,033,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyHobkins View Post
Haven't watched the mlb or nfl because of this non-sense this season, and quit fantasy sports. My fall weekends have been great!
I haven't watched ANY NFL this season. I usually watch the baseball playoffs but I have been busy as heck and haven't caught any games.

Old 10-08-2020, 07:14 AM

1,680 posts, read 1,793,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
I think you are wrong about the NBA. I think you are going to see serious ratings slippage for years to come after this.

The NFL has not been as in your face about it, at least the games I've been watching. ESPN has been.

It's not all about subconscious discomfort and insecurities...I'm sure it is with some people...but it's about them pushing a belief that is false, that furthers ideas that are destructive.

If they had invested 1/10th of the energy they have in BLM towards a "stop gang violence and shooting people" campaign, they could have done a world more good for people in impoverished communities. But when most of your players have music in their headphones before every game where you brag about shooting people, killing snitches, and treating woman as sexual objects, that might mean you'd have to look inward. Much easier to call 80% of your audience inherently racist.

Certainly, the BLM movement doesn't afford myself as a Man, Father, Marine,Conservative,Scientist and most importantly Human to feel called out as inherently prejudice or bigoted, nor my Marines and colleagues.

I'm impressed, you're privy to the playlist of each of the NBA professionals. Odd yet impressive.

I agree there should be a greater influence, awareness and movement allocated to "overall" violence.Clearly this awareness shouldn't diminish the light on their concerns at hand involving law enforcement.

Lastly- beliefs: we have beliefs pushed upon us daily, European beliefs, beauty, political, beliefs of which promote the idea one category of people were superior to another; complete rubbish yet I haven't seen such an uproar about "pushed beliefs" or concerns unless it involves this particular category of human.

Possibly Subconscious insecurities or not.

Old 10-08-2020, 07:16 AM

24,417 posts, read 23,070,474 times
No red China propaganda, either. Stop being tools, you ball playing geeks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies