Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2020, 12:25 PM

73,050 posts, read 62,657,702 times

Advertisements

Update: Protests have continued, but according to the news, the mayhem and violence have ceased, for now. This is according to TMJ4 in Milwaukee.

https://www.tmj4.com/news/local-news...t-in-wauwatosa
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2020, 12:28 PM

35,105 posts, read 17,051,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
I can't tell how many of the Dems on this forum actually are dishonest and politically partisan, or naive, and how many are just lazy, and repeat whatever they hear the talking heads say on TV, without bothering to things thru independently. I suspect most all are just being dishonest, partisan hacks.
Do I count?

Old 10-12-2020, 12:33 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,628,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Yes. And never insulting or disparaging, either. I don't agree with half of what he says, but I have respect for him because he's always decent, and always discusses why he thinks a certain way.
I agree with you on green_mariner. One of the things I respect about him is that he thinks before posting. He doesn't go into thread after thread repeating the same nonsense simply to troll. He's a thoughtful poster.

Other folks you just have to ignore because they're too ignorant to engage.

Old 10-12-2020, 12:37 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,668,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stepnking View Post
Ok, let's talk about the blame for the riots and looting in the cities going unchallenged. What, maybe you think Trump should praise them? You wish to shift the blame for the inaction of the governors and mayors to Trump. That he insults them for their inaction and threatens to send in Feds to do the job they, not can't, but won't do, reflect the thoughts of any sane citizen. Especially those who live in these forsaken places and have lost their livelihoods because these local officials wouldn't do what you pointed out one Dem governor did and fixed the situation.

If these jokers let their neighborhoods be destroyed because they have their feelings hurt by big bad Trump, they ought to be out of office and out on the street with the rest of the ''peaceful protesters''. But you and I both know that is not the real reason.
The claim "locals are doing nothing" claim is the blame shifting I mentioned. That's all you'll ever get from this admin. 15 states have activated NGs.

Good leaders find solutions and ways to work with people, while the bad ones only point fingers, and Trump is the worst blame shifter the world has even known.

Old 10-12-2020, 12:51 PM

8,168 posts, read 3,131,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
This is happening on Trump's watch. What exactly will change if Trump is reelected to prevent something like this?
In cities run by the demolibs who do not cooperate with ICE and President Trump and made it a big deal to announce it in the media when President Trump took office.

Top demolib leadership joyously demonstrated that they run their cities against the will of President Trump. And now when their cities are out of control with violence, protests, riots, looting, CHOP/CHAZ, etc. all of a sudden they blame it on President Trump, when only a year or two ago, they were completely in command of their cities destiny.

I say, "don't put out the fires, let the MF's burn!"

Old 10-12-2020, 03:12 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,668,310 times
Sounds like Trump said today that blue States can go to hell.

Some president..........

Old 10-12-2020, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
I agree with you on green_mariner. One of the things I respect about him is that he thinks before posting. He doesn't go into thread after thread repeating the same nonsense simply to troll. He's a thoughtful poster.

Other folks you just have to ignore because they're too ignorant to engage.
Thank you. I do what I can. There are some topics that are an opportunity for discussions, thoughtful discussions. I too do not like it when people are just making comments for the sake of trolling.

Old 10-12-2020, 04:51 PM

1,929 posts, read 559,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
The claim "locals are doing nothing" claim is the blame shifting I mentioned. That's all you'll ever get from this admin. 15 states have activated NGs.
"Locals doing nothing" is a claimed backed up by fact of months of rioting while police were told to 'stand down'. NGs should have been activated months ago. Trump continues to offer Federal troop assistance if and when requested.

Quote:
Sounds like Trump said today that blue States can go to hell.

Some president..........
No, he said some blue states have gone to hell by failing to protect businesses and citizens. Ask the major businesses moving out about that. The destroyed mom and pop businesses are at the mercy of the insurance companies. Ask them who they blame.....and if they're going through 'hell' right now.

Old 10-19-2020, 11:48 AM

It sounds like Milwaukee and vicinity is going down the drain.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zciyfa_CLN8

Old 10-19-2020, 03:04 PM

1,929 posts, read 559,944 times
Much of the complaining about disenfranchisement of black voters was during the Democratic primaries when polling locations were closed. Non-black voting was reduced also. Is voting for those who disenfranchised you really the solution?

"Researchers from the Brennan Center for Justice say their study is the first to measure the impact of the pandemic on voting behavior. The study found that Milwaukee’s decision to close all but five of its 182 polling places reduced voting among non-Black voters in Milwaukee by 8.5 percentage points, and that COVID-19 may have further reduced turnout by 1.4 percentage points. That would mean the overall reduction in turnout among non-Black voters was 9.9 percentage points."
https://www.wpr.org/study-poll-closi...ee-voters-away

Does anyone think the turnout reduction was less for black voters?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies