Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2020, 05:01 PM

9,470 posts, read 10,800,718 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
That's the thing. If Russia's parliament wants to be a rubber stamp for Putin, so what? That's what the people voted for and they continue to vote Putin into power.

Ultimately, we can't get upset with a President Putin "for life" on the one hand, while cozying up to the monarchies of the Middle East (Saudi Arabia, etc.) and elsewhere on the other hand.
I’ve never liked the relationship we have with Saudi Arabia. The Saudi monarchy and Saudi society is one of the most repressive in the world. We are energy independent..... time to withdrawal from the hopeless Middle East and Arab world. (Other than to defend Israel) The problems of the Arab world are not our problems as long as they don’t export them to us as they did on 9-11.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2020, 05:36 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,373,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
Donald J Trump, the leader of the USA.

Donald J Trump, the leader of the free world.

Donald J Trump, the leader of North America.

Donald J Trump, the leader of the western hemisphere.

Donald J Trump, the leader of the northern hemisphere.

The Grand Poobah of the BS Masters of the World.

Old 10-11-2020, 05:38 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,373,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielj72 View Post
I’ve never liked the relationship we have with Saudi Arabia. The Saudi monarchy and Saudi society is one of the most repressive in the world. We are energy independent..... time to withdrawal from the hopeless Middle East and Arab world. (Other than to defend Israel) The problems of the Arab world are not our problems as long as they don’t export them to us as they did on 9-11.

Israel says it can defend itself, time to leave the ME and don't look back.

Old 10-11-2020, 05:40 PM

4,661 posts, read 1,950,812 times
and you think Biden supporters would do better? On each side you have people who are knowledgable, which doesn't necessarily require an education. You also have college graduates and current enrollee who are completely ignorant. Do we all not remember those youtube videos of people going around and asking University Students what they thought of Trumps policy concerning this or that. And the Students immediate said it was wrong or racist and afterwards they were informed it was Obama's policy and not Trumps. They just stood there confused.

Sad reality but most people live in little bubbles who try to go along with the mob because they just don't wish to admit their ignorance. We really need to teach people as they grow up that one of the smartest and bravest things you can do is say " I don't know".

Old 10-11-2020, 05:45 PM

39,868 posts, read 26,498,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
Trump has gone about things differently in regards to how he works with various world leaders and who he seems to favor.

So. If you are a Trump supporter who are your favorites besides Trump?
Reagan
Thatcher
David Ben-Gurion
Churchill
Teddy Roosevelt

Old 10-11-2020, 07:23 PM

9,329 posts, read 4,140,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreedomPenguin View Post
Trump
Trump
Trump
Trump
Hope hicks rules my dreams
OP, answers like this perfectly confirm my opinion that Trump supporters are low-information, don't read, and have little interest in anything beyond Trump's self-aggrandizing speeches.

Old 10-12-2020, 07:55 AM

30,153 posts, read 11,783,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
That's the thing. If Russia's parliament wants to be a rubber stamp for Putin, so what? That's what the people voted for and they continue to vote Putin into power.

Ultimately, we can't get upset with a President Putin "for life" on the one hand, while cozying up to the monarchies of the Middle East (Saudi Arabia, etc.) and elsewhere on the other hand.
The problem is voting in Russia is rigged. Who knows how the people actually voted because Putin and his party will win regardless.

Voting in Russia: Please Don’t Call it “Elections

https://verfassungsblog.de/voting-in...-it-elections/

Old 10-12-2020, 08:09 AM

18,158 posts, read 15,623,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Who cares?

We live in the US and foreign leaders are of no concern to us, except the leaders of our enemies.

Libs, lacking confidence and conviction in their own beliefs, see accolades and approval from foreign nations who have inferior political systems and fewer freedoms.
+1 on this. ^^ And personally I dont have a favorite "leader" here either. Trump is an a$$hole. A boor, a crass and belligerent bastard. And just what we need as president. I don't have to want to hang out with the guy at my fishing hole. I want him to pi$$ off our enemies and tell our allies to get their $h!t together and pull their weight.

Which Trump has done. I don't get this simpering leftist take that our president needs to be a nice guy. Carter was a nice guy. Look what that got us. As to other world leaders I don't care a fart in a high wind. They just need to sit down and shut up as to how we do things here.

Ain't asking for their opinions.

Old 10-12-2020, 08:33 AM

25,116 posts, read 16,209,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
OP, answers like this perfectly confirm my opinion that Trump supporters are low-information, don't read, and have little interest in anything beyond Trump's self-aggrandizing speeches.
as a "Trump supporter", I would say all of these apply seamlessly to your opinions as well.

And I suspect the post you quoted did so on purpose, knowing how leftists would squeal about it.

Of course, it also depends on whether one were to interpret the OP, since clarified, as being "current world leaders" or "all-time". There's nothing wrong with, if interpreted as "current", with naming only your own leader. I'd hope that citizens of other countries would support their leader.

There's not another country that I want to "be like". That includes the Putins etal of the world who rule their countries with impunity. It certainly includes the Trudeau's of the world who seem to govern by what "feels good" and who have an inflated sense of self-importance (after all, their GDP is 1/10 of ours though their population is above 10% of ours).

As to "good leaders", I suppose I'd give Merkel the nod, possibly the new PM of Japan and the newer PM of South Korea.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies