Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-14-2020, 07:08 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,507,044 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tencent View Post
The Republican Judges selected in the past had went through some kind of struggle or at least modest adversity. Most of the Judges selected in the past few decades have some sort of unique background that provides contrarian or balancing perspectives.

This Woman looks like she's led a charmed peaceful life. America will be anything but peaceful these next 50 years. We need a Justice that understands how to apply the law and constitution to help the country not how to preserve the idealistic principles of her small bubble.

She is going wreak havoc and tarnish Ginsburg's legacy. All I can do is watch the sea of flames that will engulf this country.
Ruth Ginsburg was a phenomenal Justice. She did not however own the seat, nor does the legacy of SCOTUS belong to her.

Old 10-14-2020, 07:16 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,383,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cttransplant85 View Post
Love ACB. The intellect of this woman is astounding.
Let's not leave out her stamina, focus, clarity and emotional maturity!!

Old 10-14-2020, 07:17 AM

2,102 posts, read 1,004,396 times
Senator Graham making great points warning Democrats that Supreme Court Justices pass judgement based on established Laws and NOT Political Ideology!

Last edited by Ibginnie; 10-14-2020 at 08:50 AM.. Reason: no manual signatures please

Old 10-14-2020, 07:18 AM

1,553 posts, read 925,236 times
Quote:
As usual my disclaimer: I am mostly libertarian and I have significant ideological divisions with both ruling political parties. No one represents me in congress.

It's hard for me to believe a 50 year old privileged Catholic Irish Woman from New Orleans should have the right to have governance over the reproductive choices of a 20 year old Black or Latina Woman in NYC.

She has 5 siblings and 7 children, yet doesn't live below the poverty line like most Americans in that situation. She is a Justice Scalia fan but lacks the life experience and objectivity.

I don't believe for a second she understands the gravity of this situation at all. Her responses are sophomoric and unsophisticated which shows her lack of experience. Being a great Mom doesn't equate to being a good Judge.

She is too young for this appointment and yet somehow upholds archaic views of the law which do not fit society today. Most certainly she is a puppet. She is living a 1950s lifestyle in a dystopian Republic. But in her bubble everything is alright and OK.

I have many other issues with her but I'll just leave it at that.

Hirono got all up in her business, which was great but I would have went even further.

GREAT post, Ten

Some outstanding points

Her intellect is clearly overrated by righties ... not surprisingly...

Old 10-14-2020, 07:27 AM

6,993 posts, read 2,705,786 times
Quote:
As usual my disclaimer: I am mostly libertarian and I have significant ideological divisions with both ruling political parties. No one represents me in congress.

It's hard for me to believe a 50 year old privileged Catholic Irish Woman from New Orleans should have the right to have governance over the reproductive choices of a 20 year old Black or Latina Woman in NYC.

She has 5 siblings and 7 children, yet doesn't live below the poverty line like most Americans in that situation. She is a Justice Scalia fan but lacks the life experience and objectivity.

I don't believe for a second she understands the gravity of this situation at all. Her responses are sophomoric and unsophisticated which shows her lack of experience. Being a great Mom doesn't equate to being a good Judge.

She is too young for this appointment and yet somehow upholds archaic views of the law which do not fit society today. Most certainly she is a puppet. She is living a 1950s lifestyle in a dystopian Republic. But in her bubble everything is alright and OK.

I have many other issues with her but I'll just leave it at that.

Hirono got all up in her business, which was great but I would have went even further.
ACB is not running for Surrogate Court. I want Supreme Court justices ruling on the law as written, not looking for ways to make an exception for every sob story that comes along. Too many people watch the People's Court on TV and think it is real.

Old 10-14-2020, 07:30 AM

3,042 posts, read 5,001,639 times
Quote:
You are promoting a Woman who wants to establish ownership over what other Women do with their reproductive organs.
The federal government not interfering with states is establishing ownership?

Quote:
You are promoting a Woman who thinks having 7 kids is viable or recommended in the year 2020.
Her family seems to be fine, so it is viable for her. Where did she recommend others do the same?

Quote:
You are promoting a Catholic Woman in a country where many young people are increasingly non-religious.
Ginsburg was Jewish. Did you demand her resignation for being out of touch with the young people?

Quote:
didn't 100 of her colleagues or classmates object vehemently to her appointment
Yes, 100 people who went to the same college as her objected. Not even people that went to college at the same time. Just people who went to the same college. That's about as meaningful as saying I pooped in the same Starbucks as ACB, so my opinion matters.

All the opinions I've read from people who actually know ACB are overwhemingly positive. Even those opinions from people who disagree with her.

https://www.bloomberg.com/opinion/ar...-supreme-court

Old 10-14-2020, 07:33 AM

6,993 posts, read 2,705,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzy24 View Post
Women have committed sexual assault so it was a legit question.
Not without any evidence or accusation pending. Why did they not ask if she ever robbed a liquor store or stolen makeup from Nordstrom????

Old 10-14-2020, 07:33 AM

89,026 posts, read 44,824,472 times
Feinstein just conflated Medicaid and Medicare. Two entirely different programs. Medicare has prepayment requirements and costs its enrolled participants premiums, copays, and deductibles. Medicaid recipients need not ever pay one thin dime in contribution to the cost of their health care.

Old 10-14-2020, 07:41 AM

37,972 posts, read 22,151,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annandale_Man View Post
Not without any evidence or accusation pending. Why did they not ask if she ever robbed a liquor store or stolen makeup from Nordstrom????
According to the lunatic Dems, asking Barrett when she stopped murdering the homeless would have been seen as a legitimate question to ask.

Old 10-14-2020, 07:43 AM

2,102 posts, read 1,004,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
I agree with this...ask a ton of other stuff that seems absurd.
Curious as to why none of the Dems have asked:

- Have you ever looted an Apple store?

- Have you ever vandalized or torn-down any statutes or monuments?

- Have you ever burned down a police precinct or church?

- Have you ever killed a fellow American who had a different political viewpoint than yours?

Last edited by Ibginnie; 10-14-2020 at 08:45 AM.. Reason: no manual signatures please
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies