Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2020, 06:40 AM

28,343 posts, read 16,451,790 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
Aren't there about 4 million in the Houston metro? And only one drop off box? The line will be unbelievable.
~4.7M, and Harris County is a bigger area than Rhode Island.

Thankfully a judge stepped in.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2020, 06:48 AM

9,579 posts, read 4,401,120 times
So, you're saying Blacks and Hispanics aren't bright enough to locate a polling station unless its in their neighborhood? Wow. A bit racist, don't you think?

It's one of the great hypocrisies of the Democratic party: they claim to support Blacks and Hispanics, yet treat them like they're helpless children that can't possibly succeed on their own without the help of white folks. Disgusting and appalling.

Old 10-16-2020, 06:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
That is an appalling thread. People rejoicing over restricting the right to vote?

It is an appalling thread. People believing Blacks and Hispanics aren't smart enough to find a polling station.

Old 10-16-2020, 07:03 AM

9,408 posts, read 11,961,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YourWakeUpCall View Post
So, you're saying Blacks and Hispanics aren't bright enough to locate a polling station unless its in their neighborhood? Wow. A bit racist, don't you think?

It's one of the great hypocrisies of the Democratic party: they claim to support Blacks and Hispanics, yet treat them like they're helpless children that can't possibly succeed on their own without the help of white folks. Disgusting and appalling.
That isn't the issue at all. You completely missed the point.

Old 10-16-2020, 07:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11thHour View Post
I strongly suspect intentionally so.

It's not even a good or clever straw man....

Old 10-16-2020, 07:15 AM

12,063 posts, read 10,328,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bu2 View Post
It used to be absentee voting required an excuse. Then you voted only on election day.

Now you have 3 weeks of early voting, no excuse needed absentee voting and mailboxes all over the place. Why do you need dropboxes that can be stolen and/or stuffed?

If you claim this is an issue, you are a) a paid poster; b) a troll; c) a criminal who wants to manipulate elections; or d) a desperately gullible person who needs to learn to think for themselves.
It has been great having three weeks of early voting!

And here in our county, you can vote at any precinct - so no excuse about not knowing where to go.

I wouldn't trust drop in ballot boxes. Who knows what other things people will toss in there

A lady mail carrier told us of all the crap they would find in the mailboxes. Gross.

Old 10-16-2020, 07:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11thHour View Post

Actually, it is you, in fact, who seems to have completely missed the point. Your point is tangentially related, but is not the main point of the original post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by parentologist View Post
Texas is getting purple, because between the AA/Hispanic poor there, and the liberal educated attracted by sunbelt jobs to their cities, their cities are leaning more Democrat. So in order to suppress Democrat vote (because Democrats are more likely to protect their health by voting remotely), Texas has decreed that drop boxes be limited to ONE per county. As of now, this order is being upheld by federal judge (gee, I wonder if the judge is Republican?)

So my kid just asked, should I do mail in or vote in person? I looked up his county (Salt Lake County, Utah). Utah is heavily Republican. And guess what? There are TWENTY official drop boxes in just Salt Lake County, alone.

It's right there in the first line: the OP claims that the low number of drop boxes are an attempt at voter suppression targeted at Blacks and Hispanics.

Old 10-16-2020, 07:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
I strongly suspect intentionally so.

It's not even a good or clever straw man....

Sigh. Read the post that started the thread. I'm on point. You are not.

I realize that being confronted with the possibility that you're a latent racist is very uncomfortable, but the bottom line is this: If you believe that a low number of polling places is an attempt to suppress Black/Hispanic votes, you have implied that Blacks/Hispanics are less capable than everyone else of getting to a polling station. That's racist, period.

Old 10-16-2020, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YourWakeUpCall View Post
Sigh. Read the post that started the thread. I'm on point. You are not.

I realize that being confronted with the possibility that you're a latent racist is very uncomfortable, but the bottom line is this: If you believe that a low number of polling places is an attempt to suppress Black/Hispanic votes, you have implied that Blacks/Hispanics are less capable than everyone else of getting to a polling station. That's racist, period.
It's impossible you're actually this stupid. Stop being intentionally obtuse. It's tiresome and completely unentertaining.

Old 10-16-2020, 07:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
It's impossible you're actually this stupid. Stop being intentionally obtuse. It's tiresome and completely unentertaining.

Please explain which part of my posts are obtuse or stupid? I suspect you can't, so you've resorted to hurling insults. You're welcome to refute my post line by line. Otherwise, stop embarrassing yourself with your temper tantrum.

I'm not trying to entertain you. I simply responded to your post claiming that I missed the point of the thread. That's obviously not true and I've presented empirical data to prove it. You haven't proven anything yet except your ability to rant incoherently.

Last edited by YourWakeUpCall; 10-16-2020 at 07:35 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies