Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-15-2020, 09:53 PM

6,611 posts, read 3,677,993 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigCreek View Post
Biden was asked about how his response to Covid-19 might have differed, had he been president when it was first detected, and he would asked what he would do about Covid-19 if he is elected. Other questioned concerned what he would do to help the black community. He was also asked about whether or not he thought the Supreme Court should be enlarged to more than nine justices. Reception was spotty so I very likely missed several topics on which he was questioned.

I think because Biden tends to be conventionally courteous, he can come across as being mild-mannered - someone on Twitter compared him to Mr. Rogers, which I thought was fairly apt. However, his passion for justice and his innate courtesy were very apparent, along with his deep understanding of democratic government and how it works. There were no fireworks, but there were no wildfires, either. I found it refreshing to have an intelligent adult responding with temperate, reasonable replies.
I agree. And it's not like what is under the surface wouldn't be activated when need be. I am looking forward to having a real president.. a compassionate, rational and functioning human, in office.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2020, 09:53 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,916,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
Oh yeah... Hundreds of riots and looting that are still ongoing... Multiple people dead or hurt... Billions in damage... labeled as a terrorist group... Oh yeah, I can see why liberals think nobody should talk about them....
Trump thinks they should be a terrorist group, not the Proud Boys and/or other paramilitary groups like the one that planned to kidnap and try Gov. Whitmer and Northam that may or may not be white supremacist groups.

Old 10-15-2020, 09:55 PM

6,575 posts, read 6,746,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Oh that sounds fascinating. Can you give links.
Hunt your on links, plenty out there. You know it's true

Old 10-15-2020, 09:56 PM

Somehow I don't take Trump nor Coney Barrett at their word about the potential challenge of the will of the people at the highest court. I really think that Trump looks at that as his Hail Mary play because electoral math and polling is very against him just under three weeks out.

Old 10-15-2020, 09:57 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,883,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JL View Post
I think the townhall is the best thing for both guys. Them on being the same stage will just be them talking over each other and arguing for the entire debate. Here in the townhall they can give their answers in depth eventhough some of it might just be b.s.
Maybe but Trump should get a moderator who is not biased against him like Biden did. And Trump should get equal time. Biden got 30 mins more air time.

Old 10-15-2020, 09:58 PM
bu2

24,108 posts, read 14,903,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by In2itive_1 View Post
I agree. And it's not like what is under the surface wouldn't be activated when need be. I am looking forward to having a real president.. a compassionate, rational and functioning human, in office.
So you are waiting until 2025?

Old 10-15-2020, 09:59 PM

12,003 posts, read 11,907,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBouy View Post
Your making assumptions acting as if he borrowed money from the mob. Beholden? It’s a legitimate business transaction, not a drug deal.

He also knows revealing the banks won’t do anything but lead to the next doorway the left decides to start banging on. It’s a no win.
Actually...that's not too far off.

Dig around a little, particularly about the earlier Trump years, working with his father in NYC in the building trades. You might find what you learn very enlightening.

Old 10-15-2020, 09:59 PM

3,405 posts, read 2,737,856 times
Savannah Guthrie is doing a great job being a ***** and letting it be known that NBC is indeed the leftist network they are.

Old 10-15-2020, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
Maybe but Trump should get a moderator who is not biased against him like Biden did. And Trump should get equal time. Biden got 30 mins more air time.
Fox had baseball. The CW doesn't offer a national news. ABC had Biden. Trump only had CBS and NBC as his options. Pick your poison.

Old 10-15-2020, 10:01 PM

12,003 posts, read 11,907,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post

Equal time would be ideal, but that was a network decision. Ask NBC why Trump got the short end.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies