Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-16-2020, 06:31 AM

8,828 posts, read 5,144,567 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
I’m flipping back and forth between this one and the Biden one. This one, the moderator is asking tough questions. The Biden one has thus far spent the first seven minutes on a softball question on COVID, intended to let Biden show how much better he would handle it.

T
Looked like the Mod. was going to fall asleep.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2020, 06:36 AM

45,675 posts, read 24,132,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skezo View Post
Eh I could see myself answering that question this way.
I know roughly what QAnon is but really don't know much about of anything about them other then the occasional snippet.
And this 'I don't know about....." habit of his is not complimentary to him.

QAnon is a growing force and it's key mode of operation is disseminating false stories -- something Trump claims to be morally against........We should all be paying attention

Old 10-16-2020, 06:43 AM

22,449 posts, read 29,615,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McDonald View Post
Savannah Guthrie, the heroine warrior who met Trump head-on. I will have to take her seriously from now on. I'm thinking that there should be a cabinet position for her in Biden's administration, to get her ready for bigger things in her future. Imagine her as our ambassador to the United Nations, digging deep into the hides of her counterparts from Russia, Iran and other such outlaw nations.
No, she was rude and combative. She is a moderator not an opponent.

Old 10-16-2020, 06:45 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,266,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
Maybe but Trump should get a moderator who is not biased against him like Biden did. And Trump should get equal time. Biden got 30 mins more air time.
Trump is "probably the best negotiator that anyone has ever seen" at least according to him, why was he unable to negotiate the terms that he wanted?

Old 10-16-2020, 06:46 AM

19,385 posts, read 6,543,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
And this 'I don't know about....." habit of his is not complimentary to him.

QAnon is a growing force and it's key mode of operation is disseminating false stories -- something Trump claims to be morally against........We should all be paying attention
I don’t know what they are. I’m guessing an alt-right website? Certainly nothing like BLM responsible for mass violence throughout the country. Why doesn’t someone ask Biden to condemn the BLM racist hate group?

Old 10-16-2020, 06:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
Maybe but Trump should get a moderator who is not biased against him like Biden did. And Trump should get equal time. Biden got 30 mins more air time.
So ABC signed on with Biden before Trump agreed to work with NBC. The dates and times were set.

It isn't clear who approached who -- but Trump was ready to sign on to the NBC Town Hall because he wanted the ratings war. Not because Trump wanted to get out his agenda.

So NBC offered up an hour and Trump took it or Trump asked for an hour and got it.

Trump and fans seem bitter that Trump agreed to the conditions. It's odd.

Someone pointed out that any moderator outside of Fox seems to be 'against' Trump because they don't let him slide with the false narrative or dodge the questions.

While George S. might be 'smoother' -- he held Biden accountable when Biden wasn't addressing the question.

I didn't see the exchange about the 'crazy uncle'...and I think that was a little too 'honest' for a moderator. There was a more diplomatic way of addressing Trump's propensity to retweet questionable content.

As for pushing him on not remembering whether or not he was tested or not knowing QAnon or disavowing them.....meh -- maybe she gets a zero for style but come on........

That's all Trump. And yes Hannity would not have asked Trump and testing or QAnon or commented on his propensity to retweet questionable content but that's on Trump not on a moderator.

Old 10-16-2020, 06:55 AM

552 posts, read 225,748 times
I watched Trump get pummeled by Savannah in it's entirety.

Trump freaks out when confronted, his face contorts and his eyes blink as he tries to appear
calm. The movements he makes with his hands, the "Boxing" thing is what I call it. He
makes movements with his hands that looks like he is trying to place his words and thoughts
conveyed into a square package that he can compartmentalize and then 'push' away. He
kinda does this sliding motion with the boxing that makes me feel like he is communicating
his desire to never be questioned.

Trump squirming when asked and finally admitting to owing over 400 million dollars was
priceless. "It's really nothing" hahahahaha. What a steaming load of doo doo, you can't
bury that stench.

"We got rid of the individual mandate" repeated over and over. That's it? That was how
many years ago now?

Old 10-16-2020, 06:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
I don’t know what they are. I’m guessing an alt-right website? Certainly nothing like BLM responsible for mass violence throughout the country. Why doesn’t someone ask Biden to condemn the BLM racist hate group?
I can't believe you haven't looked them up -- we have been talking about them on this message board for at least a year.

And the fact people haven't been paying attention is a little concerning and explains why these extremist groups are able to gain so much traction.

And this isn't a contest about what fringe groups are more dangerous.

And to stay on topic -- the issue is this QAnon - (that Trump clearly knows was the source for the false story on Pizzagate given his ''they want to fight pedophiles"....comment 0and Trump's refusal to disavow them.

That's at the core.

It wasn't a debate on who is worse, more violent, responsible for the protests, etc.

It was specific to QAnon......

But yeah -- there's a ton of information on QAnon -- worth looking into if anybody still hasn't.

Old 10-16-2020, 06:57 AM

11,403 posts, read 4,108,879 times
Savannah Guthrie is a national treasure. She's the first person I've ever seen not let Trump off the hook.

Trump supporters across America are outraged this morning, as they accuse Guthrie, who wouldn't let get away with lying and pressed him on those lies, of being "unfair." LMAO!

What a disaster that was. Nothing captures Trump's personality more than clips of him trying to overtalk a woman because he doesn't like what she says.

Old 10-16-2020, 06:58 AM

2,043 posts, read 776,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchoc View Post
Trump claimed that science has not proved wearing mask helps despite the universal view of health experts.

He seems to think Democrats are running a satanic pedophile ring.

He says ballots with his name on them had been found in garbage cans with no evidence.

He claims Osama Bin Laden is still alive.

The man is a fool or a mental case.
Some friendly advice, stop watching CNN and MSNBC. You may not like his style or demeanor, and he speaks off the cuff to much, but his message is usually in the ballpark.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/abcnews...%3fid=73251533

You may want to read the CDC report about 85% of positive cases wearers reported wearing masks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies