Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-16-2020, 02:31 PM

22,331 posts, read 29,439,446 times

Advertisements

I am not paying for some kids sex change. Give me an f-ing break
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2020, 02:40 PM

11,474 posts, read 11,562,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
I am not paying for some kids sex change. Give me an f-ing break
This is about mental health, not paying for a sex change.

Please read my post. This is as close to this topic as I’ve been and the experience completely changed my outlook.

//www.city-data.com/forum/59419937-post52.html

Knowing the family, the idea of some insecure grownup telling the kid “I’m not calling you ‘she,’ because you weren’t born that way.” makes me sad.

Old 10-16-2020, 02:42 PM

13,262 posts, read 8,029,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blues4evr View Post
Your not injecting hormones into a body that hasn’t grown up yet.

Well actually, parents DO get hormone therapy for their kids involving other medical issues too. Like growth hormones.

Old 10-16-2020, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blues4evr View Post
Your not injecting hormones into a body that hasn’t grown up yet.
Sometimes they do. It depends on why you're not growing at expected milestones.

Old 10-16-2020, 03:49 PM

22,331 posts, read 29,439,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDog77 View Post
This is about mental health, not paying for a sex change.

Please read my post. This is as close to this topic as I’ve been and the experience completely changed my outlook.

//www.city-data.com/forum/59419937-post52.html

Knowing the family, the idea of some insecure grownup telling the kid “I’m not calling you ‘she,’ because you weren’t born that way.” makes me sad.
That's great. Work hard and save up for the sex change. Tax payers shouldn't pay for it

Old 10-16-2020, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
That's great. Work hard and save up for the sex change. Tax payers shouldn't pay for it
Did you watch the video in the first post? There is literally nothing about operations. The poster completely made it up.

All the video is about is treating people with respect. Somehow the usual hate cabal on this forum has somehow conflated it to mean that the government is paying for kids to get sex change operations. As far as I can tell, there is zero evidence of that happening.

Old 10-16-2020, 03:59 PM

315 posts, read 116,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDog77 View Post
You guys are so hung up on the physical surgery. No kids are having surgery.

10 year old kid is institutionalized and harming him/herself.

Parent acknowledge what s/he is feeling, let him/her choose a new identity and things start coming back to normal.

I don’t know why you’re so threatened by that. What would you do if it were your kid?
Any 10 year old who is harming themselves to the point of institutionalization has A LOT more going on than just whether or not they can call themselves Josephine instead of Joseph. In that case there would be a high likelihood of physical/mental abuse and early childhood trauma because that kind of behavior is obviously extreme. And the answer would NOT be to pump them full of hormone suppressing drugs and any doctor who advocated otherwise could and should lose their license.

Old 10-16-2020, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fruityfred11 View Post
Any 10 year old who is harming themselves to the point of institutionalization has A LOT more going on than just whether or not they can call themselves Josephine instead of Joseph. In that case there would be a high likelihood of physical/mental abuse and early childhood trauma because that kind of behavior is obviously extreme. And the answer would NOT be to pump them full of hormone suppressing drugs and any doctor who advocated otherwise could and should lose their license.
Thanks. Are you a doctor? Are you a psychologist? Are you familiar with this case? Did I say the kid was pumped full of drugs?

I have no idea what other treatments the kid is receiving, but just that once they figured this part out, things started getting better. You should read my entire post.

Old 10-16-2020, 04:01 PM

8,633 posts, read 10,152,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Gotta love Joes answer about when he at 8 years old and saw 2 guys in public kissing and his Dad said they love each other.

Yeah, I don't think you saw that with your Dad Joe.
He's such a liar. I'd like to know where exactly Joe and his Dad saw two guys kissing in public. It certainly wouldn't have been common back then in public - unless they were in a cruising park. And even if that were true, I doubt Dad would say they loved each other. I'm pretty sure that wasn't what was going on there...

On a side note, I do not support transgender surgeries for 8-year-olds. NO WAY, and I am a gay man myself. Kids are confused at that age as it is.

Old 10-16-2020, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fruityfred11 View Post

Sure! Like getting beat up at school for dressing like a boy...or dressing like a girl. Or getting punished at home because he gets caught playing with his sister's dolls, or wanting to wear opposite sex clothes to school. It's really hard to be "the other kid".

You are absolutely right! There's other stuff going on with that kid too, and not getting support and help makes it worse.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies