Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-16-2020, 09:57 AM

11,474 posts, read 11,562,622 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by paracord View Post
1. It's impossible to "switch genders."
2. Allowing kids to pretend they are another gender is perpetuating a mental problem.
You’d rather people suffer silently so as not to upset your view of the world. I don’t understand why you care so much about this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2020, 09:59 AM

40,951 posts, read 49,198,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDog77 View Post
I am friends with a couple who are both right leaning medical doctors. Dad is strong libertarian, born and raised in the rural Midwest. Their son was having terrible emotional problems starting at around age 6 or 7. By age 10, he was spending time in institutions because the issues were becoming so severe. It was painful to watch as they could not figure out what was wrong.

At one point the mom got a call from the hospital he was staying at for help because he was trying to hurt himself. It was behavior that they typically do not see from a kid his age.

His mom sat with him in tears trying to figure out what was going on. She asked him if he had been sexually assaulted. She asked him if kids were doing things to him. She asked him if he had taken drugs....All things you never want to ask a ten year old. After getting negative responses to all of these questions, on a whim, she asked him if he felt like he was a girl. He said yes. Call it mother’s intuition or something else, but their whole world changed after that question.

A few years later, she is now home with her family and doing great. It was incredibly difficult for the dad at first, but seeing his daughter happy is more important than any preconceived notions he may have had.

I was telling this story to an old friend from high school who came out as gay years after college. He does a lot of work with high school kids who are struggling with their identities because he struggled so much with his own and was in a deep depression until he came to terms with who he was. He said to me that the gay/straight thing is hard for most kids to figure out until the are teens/twenties, but the transgendered kids know it very early on.

I hope this helps add some perspective for you. It’s best to let people deal with their own family issues without you.
Thanks for sharing. So many kids and families struggles with these issues. It would be interesting to know what the mother in the video had gone through with her child.

AS I mentioned I have a gay son who I could see signs at an early age. Many times the parents know before the kids come out. It is an adjustment but once done all is well.

Old 10-16-2020, 10:01 AM

2,707 posts, read 1,033,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
One question last night was from a mom with an 8 year old transgendered daughter. I'm pretty open minded with a gay son who came out to us at 14. I could see the possibility of it at an early age but highly doubt he understood at age 8 he understood who he was.

Many believe Sex change surgery should be included with Health Care. What age would be the age of consent for making these permanent changes?

Is this child abuse and at what point should authorities be involved?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kboMNL-dTDA
It's blatant child abuse and the creep candidate for the democrats who sniffs kids just endorsed it! WOW.

23,986 posts, read 15,086,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoMeO View Post
the mother might be giving her child anti-puberty drugs (sorry i cank think of a better word) that messes with their puberty because the child's biology will upon puberty, develop into the man or woman that the person was born as. so they give their kids these drugs to mess with that, so if she is doing that, that is terribly wrong.

Little kids do a lot of experimenting with play which does not mean anything but they are just playing. her child might be playing as a girl or boy, just for fun, if a parent takes this seriously, they will start to get the wrong idea.

I dont get how a little kid can determine they are of another sex that that are born with. at the least, the kid should grow up as regular with no interference to promote the child''s imagination. if drugs are givn, they should be given when the child is age 18 or 21. not when they are 8. 8 years is too tender to mess with such a thing as the kids concept of if they are a boy or girl.

Personally, i do not believe there are transgenders, but people who are confused about their very being. i do think there are people who are born with genitalia that could be mistaken as either sex, but the person's very own being determines who they are in that case. people should not mess with this transgender thing.

Strange, I am related to 3. One a cousin I have not seen since we were 8, a BIL who we have no contact with. Not because he is transgender but because he is a thief. The other I see annually. The one I talk with always knew he was weird according to their response to society. It was years of therapy regarding the other stuff when they could also understand the gender issues.

8,943 posts, read 2,966,338 times
Quote:
You’d rather people suffer silently so as not to upset your view of the world. I don’t understand why you care so much about this.
1. I care about the health of children. This thread is about an 8 year old who is "transgender."

THAT IS CHILD ABUSE.

2. I said in this thread that if you're an adult, you can play pretend all you want. You can chop things off and dress or act however you want. It doesn't change your gender, but at least you are an adult and made the decision with a mature mind.

Old 10-16-2020, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Thanks for sharing. So many kids and families struggles with these issues. It would be interesting to know what the mother in the video had gone through with her child.

AS I mentioned I have a gay son who I could see signs at an early age. Many times the parents know before the kids come out. It is an adjustment but once done all is well.
Certainly, but hard for me to judge what someone else’s family is going through. Everyone needs to find their own road.

Old 10-16-2020, 10:04 AM

Quote:
1. I care about the health of children. This thread is about an 8 year old who is "transgender."

THAT IS CHILD ABUSE.

2. I said in this thread that if you're an adult, you can play pretend all you want. You can chop things off and dress or act however you want. It doesn't change your gender, but at least you are an adult and made the decision with a mature mind.
Where we agree is that forcing your kid to be someone they are not is child abuse.

Old 10-16-2020, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Certainly, but hard for me to judge what someone else’s family is going through. Everyone needs to find their own road.
So you'd advocate cutting body parts off of an 8 year old because he "felt like a girl" and it would "make the family feel better?"

Yes or no?

Old 10-16-2020, 10:06 AM

13,262 posts, read 8,029,628 times
Quote:
Facts:

1. One cannot change their biological gender.

All things in this thread revolve around this immutable law.

But they are. How do you get around THAT fact?

Old 10-16-2020, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassybluesy View Post
But they are. How do you get around THAT fact?
Are you one of those science deniers?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies