Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2008, 10:42 PM

4,657 posts, read 8,712,934 times

Advertisements

To answer the op, despite Bush being way to liberal on the border and the budget, no.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2008, 10:51 PM

4,250 posts, read 10,451,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonrise View Post
To answer the op, despite Bush being way to liberal on the border and the budget, no.
Well, don't you think that is kind of huge? I mean, supposedly terraists can come across the unguarded border, plus we're supposed to be fighting them over there so they can't come over here. Is it logical to leave our borders wide open? I mean, we're only spending TRILLIONS of dollars on this war, yet cannot seem to guard our borders. What's up with that?

Old 05-03-2008, 11:00 PM

5,342 posts, read 4,430,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
Where I live, those bumper stickers are generally removed after the election. There is no point in having a "Bush/Cheney" bumper sticker when they already are in office.

I voted for Bush and have no regrets. IMO, the alternatives (Gore and Kerry) would have been worse.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Snake View Post
Hell, I've done FANTASTIC over the past 7 years as have many of my friends and family!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Same here. I would vote for him again if I could. He's also protected this country from another attack, as well as being very aggressive going after terrorists abroad.

Sometimes I think the dems/libs have such an all-consuming hatred of "W" because he has been SO successful. He has beaten them at every turn. He's gotten most of what he wanted. And he has left an indellible mark on the Supreme Court with his two very fine nominees, which to me is one of his MOST important and successful issues.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Don View Post
Not a bit and would do it again. I had a George Bush bumper sticker on my car but I traded the car off to get a new one - maybe Bush supporters trade their vehicles in more frequently.
Quote:

To all of the above I can only say......DITTO

Old 05-03-2008, 11:02 PM

24,511 posts, read 33,317,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movin'on View Post
Well, don't you think that is kind of huge? I mean, supposedly terraists can come across the unguarded border, plus we're supposed to be fighting them over there so they can't come over here. Is it logical to leave our borders wide open? I mean, we're only spending TRILLIONS of dollars on this war, yet cannot seem to guard our borders. What's up with that?
The problem is Gore or Kerry wouldn't have closed the border, either.

Old 05-03-2008, 11:31 PM

How do you know Gore or Kerry would not have closed the border? Again, I am not looking for your personal opinion, rather citing something from someone who knows more than both you and I. Thank you.

In case this isn't clear, I want a link from someone who does analysis of this on a regular basis!

Let me qualify, on other forums I have to back EVERYTHING up and usually with mainstream sources. This forum is just like one BIG opinion board. I am trained to do analysis. I want analysis. I want data.

Old 05-03-2008, 11:45 PM

4,657 posts, read 8,712,934 times
Quote:
How do you know Gore or Kerry would not have closed the border? Again, I am not looking for your personal opinion, rather citing something from someone who knows more than both you and I. Thank you.

In case this isn't clear, I want a link from someone who does analysis of this on a regular basis!

Let me qualify, on other forums I have to back EVERYTHING up and usually with mainstream sources. This forum is just like one BIG opinion board. I am trained to do analysis. I want analysis. I want data.
Dude, you're on a message board, what you just described is the very definition of what this place is. Duh! I can not in good conscience ever vote for a liberal democrat which nowadays is redundant. I really wish a real ACP (American Conservative Party) would rise up as a legit 3rd party but until then I'll always vote republican.

Old 05-03-2008, 11:54 PM

Quote:
Dude, you're on a message board, what you just described is the very definition of what this place is. Duh! I can not in good conscience ever vote for a liberal democrat which nowadays is redundant. I really wish a real ACP (American Conservative Party) would rise up as a legit 3rd party but until then I'll always vote republican.
Number 1, I am not a dude. Number 2, I have master's degree in business and am bilingual. I expect a certain level of intellectualism, ok?... Dude, all things notwithstanding. I'm all in favor of voting for Ron Paul, but if you have any sense in your head, you will not be voting for a republican (even though he is under that umbrella and I give my blessings to that!).

Old 05-04-2008, 12:12 AM

220 posts, read 381,696 times
The only thing I regret is being slow to catch on to the fact that our two-party system is really a one-party track to trans-national government and the erosion of our freedoms. Not too long ago I would've considered myself a Republican but now I realize that our entire political process is fraudulent and doesn't represent the needs of the American people.

So, as much as I'm unhappy with Bush I don't believe that Kerry, Gore, or any other Democrat would have been (or will be) any better.

Old 05-04-2008, 12:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldTex View Post
The only thing I regret is being slow to catch on to the fact that our two-party system is really a one-party track to trans-national government and the erosion of our freedoms. Not too long ago I would've considered myself a Republican but now I realize that our entire political process is fraudulent and doesn't represent the needs of the American people.

So, as much as I'm unhappy with Bush I don't believe that Kerry, Gore, or any other Democrat would have been (or will be) any better.
You know what, OldTex, I am really going to think about your post, and trust me, this will be a first.

Old 05-04-2008, 12:28 AM

24,511 posts, read 33,317,235 times
Quote:
Because if Bush wouldn't do it, those two certainly would not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies