Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2020, 10:13 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,270,877 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
People vote for candidates of different parties, regardless of their tribe.
I want to vote for the same party that the overwhelming majority of my tribe votes for. I’m not going against my own people. No chance.

Why would I vote for the same guy that YOU vote for? Hell, think about it. What sense would that make? I’m not a masochist, nor am I into self flagellation. Our interests can’t possibly be the same. Chickens wouldn’t vote for Colonel Sanders...and I’m the bird and you represent Col Sanders metaphorically.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2020, 03:39 AM

18,473 posts, read 7,117,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
The want to belong to my tribe. I like it over here.

All are welcome in my tribe because we doesn't care about the color of people's skin.

While your tribe seems to have an obsession with it, placing it above all in order of importance.

Funny how that works.

Old 10-20-2020, 04:08 AM

16,956 posts, read 16,787,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
Trump has 50 cent, and Biden has the 50 cent army in China
Biden has an IQ of 50.

Old 10-20-2020, 04:23 AM

17,846 posts, read 13,768,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by louie0406 View Post
It’s the rich and corporations that create jobs.

Poor people don’t create jobs. The more money (freebies) you give them, the quicker they spend it.
They might spend it on 50 cent on I tunes though.

Old 10-20-2020, 04:33 AM

19,281 posts, read 17,161,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
Rapper 50 Cent has endorsed Donald Trump. This will encourage other black people who are involved in this community to do the same.

50 Cent endorses Trump for President after seeing Biden's alleged tax plans

Well done, fifty.
Who cares, like any other "celebrity" endorser who care how they choose to vote. I guess he's worried about paying taxes seeing he's in the over $400k a year bracket...

Old 10-20-2020, 04:55 AM

23,861 posts, read 24,155,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianRo View Post
Most wealthy people come from wealth. They didn't attain wealth. Sure maybe 1 percent of the people came from nothing, got lucky, had a rare skill and ended up rich. But its not something chances are are ever going to happen unless you LUCK OUT.
Citation needed.

I spent three seconds on a search engine and came up with this list of 10 billionaires who started with nothing. Imagine what I could find if I spent more time on it. Imagine what YOU could find if you fact checked yourself before posting.

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/09/11/10-b...dirt-poor.html

Old 10-20-2020, 05:00 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,270,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
All are welcome in my tribe because we doesn't care about the color of people's skin.

While your tribe seems to have an obsession with it, placing it above all in order of importance.

Funny how that works.
No, all are NOT welcome in your tribe. That’s a lie. And your tribe cares about skin color to the point of being driven to hate.

And no, we don’t place it in importance over all (whatever the hell that means), nor are we obsessed with it.

We’re simply obsessed with making sure that our interests don’t get confused with yours. We aren’t on the same team, and we want that to be a clear delineation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
Biden has an IQ of 50.
Seeing as how he’s gonna stomp your boy next month, what does that make Trump if he loses to someone that stupid?

Old 10-20-2020, 05:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by latimeria View Post
What happened to sentiments I've seen in this forum along the lines of "Entertainers should just entertain and not share their opinions on politics" ? Surely that should apply on both sides if one believes that....
It’s a news item. People are talking about it. Are people supposed to ignore national discussions because they agree with the subject of the discussion? That’s ridiculous.

The issue is that the left seems to think that celebrity endorsements are meaningful. They generally aren’t. Just ask Hillary.

This has a bit more meaning than a typical endorsement because we’ve been told for five years that Trump is the most racist person EVER, and black celebrities with no history of supporting Republicans are getting behind him. That’s actually significant, as it signals a change in thinking among a particular demographic.

In this case, it’s a bit more complex than “muh celebrity endorsement.”

Old 10-20-2020, 05:02 AM

16,956 posts, read 16,787,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
No, all are NOT welcome in your tribe. That’s a lie. And your tribe cares about skin color to the point of being driven to hate.

And no, we don’t place it in importance over all (whatever the hell that means), nor are we obsessed with it.

We’re simply obsessed with making sure that our interests don’t get confused with yours. We aren’t on the same team, and we want that to be a clear delineation.

Seeing as how he’s gonna stomp your boy next month, what does that make Trump if he loses to someone that stupid?
Biden will be too busy slobbering on his shirt and calling out gibberish that nobody understands.

Old 10-20-2020, 05:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
If Kanye West couldn't move the needle for Trump why do you think 50 Cents would be any different?
Why do you say that? What information do you have which suggests that Kanye’s friendship with Trump hasn’t helped him any?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies