Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2020, 11:08 AM

21,989 posts, read 15,720,265 times

Advertisements

I'm not a Frank Luntz fan but this is interesting. I don't agree with Luntz completely, I think the most fervent Trump supporters care about whatever Trump tells them to care about. The challenge is getting voters beyond Trump's most fervent.

“I’ve never seen a campaign more mis-calibrated than the Trump campaign. Frankly, his staff ought to be brought up on charges of political malpractice,” Luntz said.

“Nobody cares about Hunter Biden…why is [Trump] spending all his time on him?,” Luntz asked. “Hunter Biden does not help put food on the table. Hunter Biden does not help anyone get a job. Hunter Biden does not provide health care or solve COVID. And Donald Trump spends all of his time focused on that and nobody cares.”

GOP pollster Luntz blasts Trump campaign as worst he's ever seen
https://thehill.com/homenews/campaig...-hes-ever-seen
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2020, 11:14 AM

57,315 posts, read 26,228,587 times
He does some pretty good focus groups and polling but he is right. Putting the focus Hunter Biden and claims of Joe Biden's corruption as a message is a mistake.

Old 10-20-2020, 11:31 AM

26,211 posts, read 19,529,215 times
Trump's campaign is a reflection of himself. No one should expect anything else.

Old 10-20-2020, 11:38 AM

45,582 posts, read 27,203,264 times
Polls are fake news.

The Bidens are supposed to be in service to others in government and are instead serving themselves and selling out the country. That affects food being put on the table of middle class America when their jobs are being sold out to China.

See my Biden/China coal thread. Our coal industry is decimated, while they invest in Chinese coal companies and make money.

It's a shame Luntz doesn't get it.

Old 10-20-2020, 11:45 AM

13,711 posts, read 9,237,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
I'm not a Frank Luntz fan but this is interesting. I don't agree with Luntz completely, I think the most fervent Trump supporters care about whatever Trump tells them to care about. The challenge is getting voters beyond Trump's most fervent.

“I’ve never seen a campaign more mis-calibrated than the Trump campaign. Frankly, his staff ought to be brought up on charges of political malpractice,” Luntz said.

“Nobody cares about Hunter Biden…why is [Trump] spending all his time on him?,” Luntz asked. “Hunter Biden does not help put food on the table. Hunter Biden does not help anyone get a job. Hunter Biden does not provide health care or solve COVID. And Donald Trump spends all of his time focused on that and nobody cares.”

GOP pollster Luntz blasts Trump campaign as worst he's ever seen
https://thehill.com/homenews/campaig...-hes-ever-seen

I'm sure the Trump campaign knows this too - if they could find dirt on Joe Biden they wouldn't be wasting time on his son. They are attacking the son because that's all they got.

A better example of their lack of focus is the attack on Nancy Pelosi. She was actually baiting them for more attacks - the more time they spend on her, they less time they spend on Biden.

Old 10-20-2020, 11:51 AM

14,798 posts, read 17,696,594 times
Agreed, very few people care about the situation n of a President. Trump looks desperate continually bringing up Biden's son.

Old 10-20-2020, 11:51 AM

5,280 posts, read 6,216,195 times
One thing that has shocked me about 2020 is that the maneuvers Trump pulled in 2016 that worked- constantly changing focus, sticking to whatever narrative juiced a particular part of his base, sticking to a specific segment of the population- is entirely missing. As much as his supporters claim to be anti-polls, Trump would actually adjust his message as he went in 2016 to hit the themes that actually polled well.

In truth Trump is now running Hillary Clinton's 2016 campaign. He spent the weekend in California which does not matter. He had to leave the campaign trail with a sickness because he did not follow doctors advice. His campaign has burned through money. And in a race that will hinge on older voters and suburban women, he is chasing three black males and the Hispanic vote. Biden has JLo, he has Ice T. What good does that do in the collar counties of Philly or in metro Charlotte?

Old 10-20-2020, 03:38 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,024,933 times
Someone raised a question as to why the Trump campaign would be sending Mike Pence to Fort Wayne Indiana -- a county Trump own by almost 20% last time around. Why wouldn't they focus in an area in Indiana (northern) that Trump is not doing as well?

I believe that the campaign is wanting to put on a show of great support so they are choosing to go to areas they know they can get the kind of support they want to portray (not saying that's a bad strategy -- just a strategy). I'm no expert when it comes to campaigning being someone who has little patience for all the hoopla.

It is interesting to think about spending money in communities you know you can win....especially as the race is getting so close.

Old 10-20-2020, 03:45 PM

2,953 posts, read 2,901,836 times
Quote:

Because focusing on Hunter keeps Joe in the basement

Old 10-20-2020, 03:45 PM

11,270 posts, read 11,032,046 times
Quote:

It has everything to do with values and honesty. Sons tend to learn these things from the father figure in their life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies