Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-20-2020, 06:53 PM

8,726 posts, read 7,426,926 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by YourWakeUpCall View Post
So, if you saw strangers in your neighbor's home while they clearly weren't there, you would just ignore it? I'm not saying I would barge in and confront the alleged interlopers, but I would probably call the police. I'd be seriously pissed if my neighbors saw people in my home when I was away and did nothing. I guess we have different ideas about what being neighborly means.
Or, people can just mind their damn business. I owe it to no one to tell them who is coming over and why.

Old 10-20-2020, 06:57 PM

30,317 posts, read 23,796,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YourWakeUpCall View Post
So, if you saw strangers in your neighbor's home while they clearly weren't there, you would just ignore it? I'm not saying I would barge in and confront the alleged interlopers, but I would probably call the police. I'd be seriously pissed if my neighbors saw people in my home when I was away and did nothing. I guess we have different ideas about what being neighborly means.
Let's play this game.

If you were such good pals with your neighbors that you felt the need to protect their property when they were gone, you would probably already know that they rent out their house or parts of their house, considering that surely this is not the first time you've seen strangers coming and going from their house.

But, let's pretend that somehow you're good friends, ridiculously unobservant, and don't know they rent out.

Ok, you'd still have their phone number. Or email. So, why not contact them, before barging into their home, while they're gone, which is called "trespassing"?

Further, if you truly thought that there were people in the house that shouldn't be there, why in the hell would you barge in there thinking you're going to handle the situation? What if they really were criminals, and they had guns? How stupid would you be to barge in on that?

I think the people knew damn good and well that these were not criminals.

Old 10-20-2020, 06:59 PM

2,490 posts, read 2,549,225 times
This why you need to

MIND. YOUR. OWN. BUSINESS.

Old 10-20-2020, 07:06 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,893,683 times
If my neighbors saw something suspicious like suspected squatters at my house when I'm away, I wouldn't mind them saying something. How do we know it's a fact they just walked in? These stories are never as they are presented.

Old 10-20-2020, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pgh guy View Post
Being blacks commit a disproportionate amount of crime do you blame them for being suspicious? BTW, the people said they were told it was no longer a AirBnb. Watch the video again.
Yawn

Old 10-20-2020, 07:10 PM

So how many of y’all basically saying this is acceptable will consent to me randomly busting into your house asking if you live their because I haven’t seen you around. My DM is open

Old 10-20-2020, 07:14 PM

37,963 posts, read 17,905,834 times
lol Big deal. It's more identity politics garbage from the left. Lets pay attention to something that is extremely rare and ignore the important stuff that matters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Let's play this game.

If you were such good pals with your neighbors that you felt the need to protect their property when they were gone, you would probably already know that they rent out their house or parts of their house, considering that surely this is not the first time you've seen strangers coming and going from their house.

But, let's pretend that somehow you're good friends, ridiculously unobservant, and don't know they rent out.

Ok, you'd still have their phone number. Or email. So, why not contact them, before barging into their home, while they're gone, which is called "trespassing"?

Further, if you truly thought that there were people in the house that shouldn't be there, why in the hell would you barge in there thinking you're going to handle the situation? What if they really were criminals, and they had guns? How stupid would you be to barge in on that?

I think the people knew damn good and well that these were not criminals.
from the article
"she knows the owner of the home, who is reportedly trying to sell the house."

from the video
'They said it was no longer a B and B because they were selling it"

Old 10-20-2020, 07:28 PM

33,315 posts, read 12,590,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pgh guy View Post
Ok to be concerned, but not walk in. They should have called the police, but I suppose this is no worse than BLM doing what they do while rioting.
Except that is irrelevant.

The AB&B customers being black doesn’t make that relevant.

Old 10-20-2020, 07:41 PM

9,049 posts, read 3,531,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Fun fact: if dude has gotten up and smacked fire out of her ass, you’d all say that he was wrong, wouldn’t you?
Of course. Wouldn't you? He was under no threat from her.

Old 10-20-2020, 07:45 PM

8,196 posts, read 2,853,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
....and the result is interesting to say the least.

Nice. Don’t knock, just come on in and investigate. Gotta love it.

What really cracks me up is the arrogance of the wife...hands on her hips and all; talking to the guy as if he’s her child while maintaining her quite materialistic, Boss Momma posture over him. LMAO...shocked that she didn’t say “why are you here boy?”

Video in link

https://thegrio.com/2020/10/20/black...le-couple/amp/
Black folks, black folks.........where have I heard that one before? Oh, I remember. Barry used that term when speaking to a group of black people when he was pretending to be one of them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies