Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-21-2020, 07:04 AM

12,970 posts, read 9,659,574 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Blacks are always saying they are a victim of their skin not their character. All I hear is I am a victim of racism every time something goes wrong. I must be a victim of my white skin color too because I get a ticket, can be treated with disrespect by others . The thing I know is it has nothing to do with skin color.
You don't know all 40 million plus Blacks in this country, you in no position to speak for any of them. They do not all think the same, you probably don't even know any Black people. Unless you've walked a mile in someone else's shoes.

Old 10-21-2020, 07:44 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,270,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
....and the result is interesting to say the least.

Nice. Don’t knock, just come on in and investigate. Gotta love it.

What really cracks me up is the arrogance of the wife...hands on her hips and all; talking to the guy as if he’s her child while maintaining her quite materialistic, Boss Momma posture over him. LMAO...shocked that she didn’t say “why are you here boy?”

Video in link

https://thegrio.com/2020/10/20/black...le-couple/amp/

Democrats latest attempt to stir up racial problems in front of the electon.
Pathetic.

Old 10-21-2020, 07:49 AM

20,111 posts, read 9,023,728 times
another click bait story for the minions of race baiters to get the vapors about.

Old 10-21-2020, 08:02 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,615,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YourWakeUpCall View Post
Sigh. Until they explained their presence, it was completely reasonable to assume they were interlopers. I don't consider neighbors looking out for one another to be "sticking their noses where they don't belong". Perhaps if you were able to establish healthy relationships with other human beings, you'd realize that some of us appreciate it when others look out for us. You seem angry and anti-social and it's clouding your ability to engage in rational discourse.

If you came home to a broken down front door and ransacked home and subsequently learned that your neighbors watched the entire thing and did nothing, how would you feel? If you saw people in your neighbors home that you didn't recognize while your neighbors were out of town, would you do nothing?

The neighbors shouldn't have barged in and confronted the renters. That was poor judgement - but not indicative of racism. Every bad thing that happens isn't the result of racism and the entire article was a perfect example of race baiting.
No, it wasn't completely reasonable to assume the worst and who cares what they could have assumed anyway? They're asses. That's the point.

If they thought someone was in a neighbor's home illegally, they should have called their neighbor to find out if that was truly the case, or called the police. That's what GOOD neighbors would do. It's what I would have done - because for all I know - the people there are relatives. You don't just walk into someone else's home assuming the worst.

And now you're trying to create a whole other scenario with a broken door and ransacked home which has nothing to do with this situation.

Good Lord.

Old 10-21-2020, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
another click bait story for the minions of race baiters to get the vapors about.
But yet you clicked.

Old 10-21-2020, 08:14 AM

20,111 posts, read 9,023,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipaper View Post
But yet you clicked.
easy way to determine who the dolts are...

Old 10-21-2020, 08:17 AM

19,640 posts, read 12,231,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post
Absolutely disgraceful. The white folks should be ashamed, but they won't be, as it is obvious that they felt "justified" in their actions. I am surprised that the person they confronted showed as much self-control as he did! (I am not sure I would have in his place.)

It is really no wonder that so many blacks still feel that racism is an ongoing problem because it [u]IS/U] an ongoing problem.

P.S. On Edit: I just read OldHag's post that there has been a problem with squatters in the area. Okay, that might be a different situation, but I still think that if the rude white couple had suspected suspicious activity, they should have called the sheriff's department. If the guests had actually been squatters, they could have been confronted with violence. Bottom line: They were either racist or stupid, imo.
It wouldn't matter if they called police to report suspicious activity. The guy would still make a video that white people reported innocent black man to the police, endangering his life because cops shoot black people.

Being a concerned neighbor you can't win.

Old 10-21-2020, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
easy way to determine who the dolts are...
I guess that makes you one of them.

Old 10-21-2020, 08:24 AM

19,966 posts, read 7,876,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
Did the white couple knock before entering?

Did the Black people invite them in?
I don't know, did they? How do you know? Do you automatically assume the white person is always the bad guy and the black person is the good guy? These videoed interactions leaked to the media are almost never as presented and are always suspect.

Old 10-21-2020, 09:09 AM

38,643 posts, read 26,384,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
Not in the scenario created by the intruders.

The right way to handle it is to call the police. If you must be a Nancy Drew, then knock on the door, wait until it is answered. Introduce yourself, politely, then make polite inquiries.

Not so hard to act like civilized but curious neighbors. That said, if the homeowner didn't feel the need to share his business with the nosey neighbors, why do the black people owe them anything?

Calling the police would have led to the same allegations of "profiling."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies