Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2020, 12:24 AM

17,308 posts, read 12,255,968 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
By your own link Idaho isn't "the fastest growing state in America".
Yeah also don’t think percentage growth is a great measure in regards to things like hospital capacity. Highest percentage growth of a state that ranks #39 in population isn’t all that many people compared to larger states when we’re splitting hairs with single digit percentage growth.

What’s a bigger impact to infrastructure? 3.47% of WA state’s 7,797,100 or 4.1% growth on Idaho’s 1,826,160? And talking about shipping ID excess cases to WA.
https://worldpopulationreview.com/states
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2020, 12:25 AM

15,532 posts, read 10,504,683 times
Rural patients transfer to big city hospitals everyday. When I was with a Colorado Springs hospital, they transferred in patients from the western slope. People over there either went to the Springs or Salt Lake City. What you are describing isn't unusual.

Old 10-22-2020, 01:20 AM

30,976 posts, read 21,641,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
Rural patients transfer to big city hospitals everyday. When I was with a Colorado Springs hospital, they transferred in patients from the western slope. People over there either went to the Springs or Salt Lake City.
It can work the other way around. My small town hospital, which has been busier than usual, has taken in a few covid patients from Oklahoma City where ICU beds haven't always been available.

Old 10-22-2020, 02:03 AM

34,279 posts, read 19,375,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro5 View Post
Sometime you just have to put politics aside, something the left obviously can't do. Ever.

If it was up to them, "political affiliation" would be a question on a hospital admission form.

I dont know if you've noticed but Oregon has in the past helped NY during the worst of their pandemic by sending some of our ventilators. If Our Idaho neighbors need help we will do what we can

I think you're projecting how the right reacts to this stuff, and just assuming the left is the same. We're not.

Old 10-22-2020, 05:16 AM

2,911 posts, read 1,360,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellopity View Post
No worries, Seattle and Portland are always ready and willing to help. Thanks to the governors of each state, the PNW has been relatively spared thus far. Kudos to WA, OR, and the regional responses to the pandemic that are allowing these cities to absorb cases from neighboring states, states that are not taking this pandemic as seriously as they should.
After this, they may start taking masks and social distancing more seriously and stop trying to make it about politics. Then again, that's not very likely.

They enjoy going on about how "libruls are loosing their heads over coronavirus", but when our "obsession" with face masks and social distancing is keeping our numbers down while red state numbers soar, they get bothered if someone points it out. Good at dishing it out but can't take it.

Quote:
Sometime you just have to put politics aside, something the left obviously can't do. Ever.

If it was up to them, "political affiliation" would be a question on a hospital admission form.
Do you folks on the right ever look in the mirror? Apparently not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
I dont know if you've noticed but Oregon has in the past helped NY during the worst of their pandemic by sending some of our ventilators. If Our Idaho neighbors need help we will do what we can

I think you're projecting how the right reacts to this stuff, and just assuming the left is the same. We're not.
Truth.

Old 10-22-2020, 06:48 AM

30,373 posts, read 19,170,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellopity View Post
Deep red Idaho has always made fun of Seattle and Portland for the cities’ “librul” denizens. But as COVID cases in Idaho rise at an alarming rate and overrun their regional hospital capacity, Idaho now has to crawl to the west begging Seattle and Portland for help. Oh the humanity...

https://komonews.com/news/coronaviru...attle-portland

Anti-mask, deep red Idaho deaths per million from covid 306

Pro mask, deep blue New Jersey deaths per million from covid 1,843

Old 10-22-2020, 06:54 AM

20,955 posts, read 5,546,892 times
When anti-mask, deep red Idaho gets into trouble, whom do they call? Seattle! Portland!

Not surprising, since Idaho is being choked with the numbers of refugees leaving those hellholes.

Last edited by Oldhag1; 10-22-2020 at 07:01 AM.. Reason: Read post #10 under the P&OC guidelines

Old 10-22-2020, 07:05 AM

30,373 posts, read 19,170,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vkhmini View Post
When anti-mask, deep red Idaho gets into trouble, whom do they call? Seattle! Portland!

Not surprising, since Idaho is being choked with the numbers of refugees leaving those hellholes.
Yep, I know so many people from Washington (including wife and I) who are looking at moving to Idaho. Northern Idaho is being flooded with refugees from liberal states that are destroying their freedoms.

Old 10-22-2020, 07:10 AM

20,126 posts, read 16,163,816 times
My deep red county, which is home to a rural regional hospital has been taking CoVid patients from the occasionally overwhelmed deep blue urban city 45 minutes away on and off since almost the beginning of it hitting our state. It makes perfect sense given that the big city has anywhere between 25-30% of the states’ cases and our seven county area has had no more than 3-5% of the cases. We had empty beds, including ICU beds, and they were putting people on gurneys in hallways.

Our state has also taken patients from other states with much higher infection rates. What is your point?

Old 10-22-2020, 07:26 AM

25,116 posts, read 16,219,510 times
Quote:

some people on the left. and some on the right.

otherwise, by assigning a behavior universally, you're playing the same game.

no surprise from the OP, in fact I was about to make this same point.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies