Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2020, 02:12 PM

2,082 posts, read 925,543 times

Advertisements

Joe Biden releases bizarre new ad criticizing America

Joe Biden released an ad saying that America was never great. This is supposed to help him get elected, apparently. And it will certainly appeal to the base of the Democratic Party that has been engaged in self-hatred, guilt, and shame about our country.

"America was an idea, an idea," he said. "'We hold these truths to be self-evident.

https://thepostmillennial.com/joe-bi...cizing-america
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2020, 02:24 PM

19,824 posts, read 9,381,719 times
Wow. Just WOW.

And this is the man that many people, not just the liberal extremists, want for POTUS?

In my opinion, in the ad (unless this is an elaborate hoax), Biden is essentially disowning the U.S. as founded and saying that we should at least figuratively tear it down and start over.

Well, I have news for you, Mr. Biden -- the U.S. is not just an "idea", but a living country -- and although it is not perfect and there is certainly room for improvement (although my ideas for improvement are definitely at odds with those of the extreme liberals), there is more good than bad about the U.S., in my opinion.

I find it difficult to believe that this man was actually selected to run as the Democrat candidate for President of the United States, and that this campaign ad has actually been approved by the DNC. Talk about a bad idea!

Last edited by katharsis; 10-22-2020 at 02:37 PM..

Old 10-22-2020, 02:30 PM

1,253 posts, read 503,472 times
Apology tour 2.0?

Old 10-22-2020, 02:31 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,885,882 times
Joe Biden is Manchurian candidate 2.0 bought by globalist and foreign interests.

Old 10-22-2020, 02:31 PM

20,160 posts, read 12,772,388 times
What an idiot?

Old 10-22-2020, 02:35 PM

4,344 posts, read 2,236,947 times
That fits with Bizzaro Biden.

I listened to the ad and it was....wtf?

This sounds more like a deep state agenda to do even more systemic racism indoctrination to re-teach/revise history in current 'woke speak'.

Old 10-22-2020, 02:39 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 12 days ago)

35,640 posts, read 17,994,810 times
It's a thoughtful, thinking man's ad. It's certainly not John Philips Sousa marching down main street, flags flying, but it's hopeful and true.

"America is an idea . . .

We hold these truths to be self-evident; that all man are created equal and are endowed by their creator with certain inalienable rights . . .

We've never lived up to it, but we've never walked away from it before either". And then an admonition to teach your children the truths, so the mistakes of the past won't be made again.

I know this REALLY won't appeal to Trump voters, which is not who he's appealing to. It's to appeal to his own base especially those who may not be energized enough to vote.

To me, this is a very hopeful statement. We're not perfect, and the "idea of America" is a perfect standard, and we're still trying.

It's got appeal, to those he's appealing to. Those who think the term "all men are created equal" spoken in the US in 1776 is a slap in the face to the dignity of many who weren't treated equal. Like, you know, black people and women.

Old 10-22-2020, 02:40 PM

2,173 posts, read 4,412,759 times
Biden is owned by the Chinese Communist Party. He does what they say.

Old 10-22-2020, 02:42 PM

282 posts, read 113,389 times
that cannot be for real

Old 10-22-2020, 02:48 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,885,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
It's a thoughtful, thinking man's ad. It's certainly not John Philips Sousa marching down main street, flags flying, but it's hopeful and true.

"America is an idea . . .

We hold these truths to be self-evident; that all man are created equal and are endowed by their creator with certain inalienable rights . . .

We've never lived up to it
, but we've never walked away from it before either". And then an admonition to teach your children the truths, so the mistakes of the past won't be made again.

I know this REALLY won't appeal to Trump voters, which is not who he's appealing to. It's to appeal to his own base especially those who may not be energetic enough to vote.

To me, this is a very hopeful statement. We're not perfect, and the "idea of America" is a perfect standard, and we're still trying.

It's got appeal, to those he's appealing to. Those who think the term "all men are created equal" spoken in the US in 1777 is a slap in the face to the dignity of many who weren't treated equal. Like, you know, black people and women.
That was in the Declaration of Independence and not legally binding speaking to King George, the royalty and gentry and that their certain inalienable rights come from their creator and not man or the King. And what do you mean we never lived up to it? Who's inalienable rights are being denied?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies