Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2020, 05:19 PM

44,641 posts, read 61,661,969 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
You would think they learned a lesson when Obama said our jobs weren't ever coming back and Hillary said she was going to shut down jobs to never come back.

How do you run on pessimism and hate? The Dems truly hate the country and think we are the enemy, that's how.
Most stupid biggest lies and you know it. You Bots will try anything to protect your most corrupt leader in history. You never had it so good under the Obama/Biden era.
Congrats being the Winner of the daily Darwin Award.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2020, 05:32 PM

9,546 posts, read 7,079,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttboy View Post
Joe Biden releases bizarre new ad criticizing America

Joe Biden released an ad saying that America was never great. This is supposed to help him get elected, apparently. And it will certainly appeal to the base of the Democratic Party that has been engaged in self-hatred, guilt, and shame about our country.

"America was an idea, an idea," he said. "'We hold these truths to be self-evident.

https://thepostmillennial.com/joe-bi...cizing-america
For the sake of argument, let’s say Joe is right. (I don’t think so, but let’s just go with it for a second).

What specifically did Joe do during his 47 years in public office to change this?

What did he do during his 8 years as Vice President to change this?

He has a 47 year record of racist comments, and of legislating against minorities.

I don’t think he actually gives a crap about America, about minorities, about the Declaration of Independence. Joe cares about lining his pockets and apparently he will sell the country out to anyone and everyone willing to pay cash.

Old 10-22-2020, 05:34 PM

13,608 posts, read 21,405,022 times
Frankly I'm tired of the Democratic party message that because I'm white I'm either ignorant of the fact that I am or that I openly know that I am.

Their message is the U.S.A is awash in racism which isn't true but the more they try to cram this down on me the more of a tendency is I might become.

If I am then point out solid facts how racism is alive and well ,how people of color are held back everyday from chasing their dream or being denied rights any other person has because I don't see it more than anything I see people holding themselves back from being better.

Old 10-22-2020, 05:53 PM

7,158 posts, read 4,746,691 times
ROFL
Biden's code for "All white people must now hang their heads in shame, and I'll go along with the mob who tells us to."
Take a hike.

Old 10-23-2020, 06:55 AM

490 posts, read 152,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post
I was thinking about this post, and I am asking the following:

If Biden/Harris wins, then extreme violence (meaning rioting) won't result, right? (Because most Trump voters do not live in the cities, so how and where would they riot? I just can't imagine a bunch of Trumpers rioting and burning stores in their towns like Sheridan, Wyoming, for example.

And if Trump wins and the rioting becomes even more destructive than it has been in recent months, what would prevent Trump from unleashing the military? (I would think there would be plenty of people in the military who would love to seriously injure, or even kill, those who want to destroy the U.S.)

So, in short,I doubt there will be any civil war at all if Biden/Harris wins, and If Trump wins, I would think it would be brought to a very swift end
There won't be a civil war. 2nd to the bolded part. Why do people think soldiers are robots who do what they are told? They are people, they have thoughts, feelings and beliefs just like everyone else. They do not want to kill or harm fellow Americans, even those they disagree with.

As far as rioting they will do what they have to do with the least force necessary. Too many punks in this country think they can run rough shot on our cities and too many democrat politicians agree with them. Those punks are mostly young kids and a slap upside the head is enough to run them off back to mommy's basement.

All will be fine as long as those in charge have a spine.

Old 10-23-2020, 07:02 AM

14,485 posts, read 11,293,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
It's a thoughtful, thinking man's ad. It's certainly not John Philips Sousa marching down main street, flags flying, but it's hopeful and true.

"America is an idea . . .

We hold these truths to be self-evident; that all man are created equal and are endowed by their creator with certain inalienable rights . . .

We've never lived up to it, but we've never walked away from it before either". And then an admonition to teach your children the truths, so the mistakes of the past won't be made again.

I know this REALLY won't appeal to Trump voters, which is not who he's appealing to. It's to appeal to his own base especially those who may not be energized enough to vote.

To me, this is a very hopeful statement. We're not perfect, and the "idea of America" is a perfect standard, and we're still trying.

It's got appeal, to those he's appealing to. Those who think the term "all men are created equal" spoken in the US in 1776 is a slap in the face to the dignity of many who weren't treated equal. Like, you know, black people and women.
FYI, African Americans and women currently have all the exact same rights that I have.

Old 10-23-2020, 07:28 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,398,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trekker99 View Post
And, more disturbing was the bit about teaching our kids what really happened?

WTF does that mean?

That sounds like dangerous revisionism to me.
More or less dangerous than the revisionism that has historically been taught? How do you know?

Old 10-23-2020, 07:33 AM

23,695 posts, read 12,582,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post
I was thinking about this post, and I am asking the following:

If Biden/Harris wins, then extreme violence (meaning rioting) won't result, right? (Because most Trump voters do not live in the cities, so how and where would they riot? I just can't imagine a bunch of Trumpers rioting and burning stores in their towns like Sheridan, Wyoming, for example.

And if Trump wins and the rioting becomes even more destructive than it has been in recent months, what would prevent Trump from unleashing the military? (I would think there would be plenty of people in the military who would love to seriously injure, or even kill, those who want to destroy the U.S.)

So, in short,I doubt there will be any civil war at all if Biden/Harris wins, and If Trump wins, I would think it would be brought to a very swift end
It does seem that they had stopped, for the most part. It seems as if the majority of them had stopped as a group, like they'd been told to stop, for now. But why did they stop? Perhaps Don Lemon had nailed the very reason why they had stopped..
Quote:
“But guess what? The rioting has to stop,” Lemon continued. “Chris, as you know and I know, it’s showing up in the polling. It’s showing up in focus groups. It is the only thing – it is the only thing right now that is sticking.”
https://nypost.com/2020/08/26/cnns-d...ts-nationwide/
The protests/riots were hurting the Dems in the polls. It's not the deaths that happened because of the protests/riots, or the destruction or even the attacks on the cops that the Dems care about ... it's the polls. Most likely the rioting protesters were told by someone on the left to stop, for now.

Biden, whose campaign donates money for the rioters bail, cannot even bring himself to utter the names 'antifa' or 'blm' when speaking about the rioting protesters. Kamala, who seems to have worked hard to raise bail money for the rioters, had basically told them to continue after the election...

"They’re not going to stop. This is a movement, I’m telling you, they’re not going to stop, and everyone beware because they’re not going to stop before Election Day in November, and they’re not going to stop after Election Day. And everyone should take note of that, on both levels, that they’re not going to let up, and they should not, and we should not." - Kamala Harris

"they’re not going to let up, and they should not"
Harris, and others, may try to make it appear that she was talking about the protesters and not the rioters, but if that was the case then she would have denounced the rioters in that statement. She did not. For the most part, where there are protesters there are rioters - same side of the same coin. Many of the protesters do seem to also be involved in the riots.

So, it probably won't matter who wins, the protests and riots will likely pick back up after the election. If Biden wins then the riots will be allowed to continue. If Trump wins then he'll try to stop them.

Old 10-23-2020, 07:43 AM

49 posts, read 22,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
Joe Biden is Manchurian candidate 2.0 bought by globalist and foreign interests.
That is pretty sad then!

Old 10-23-2020, 07:44 AM

41,984 posts, read 75,252,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
That was in the Declaration of Independence and not legally binding speaking to King George, the royalty and gentry and that their certain inalienable rights come from their creator and not man or the King. And what do you mean we never lived up to it? Who's inalienable rights are being denied?
Do you really not know the answer to that question?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackF View Post
Of course it has appeal to you. If our President aired the exact same advertisement, you'd be sitting on your arse in the street screaming full throated at the sky about what a traitor he was.
Well, we won't have to worry about that because Trump couldn't string three coherent words together if he tried.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies