Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2020, 04:57 PM

15,590 posts, read 15,677,065 times

Advertisements

Did pretty well.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/in...rnment-blunder

https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/news/cu...us/ar-BB1akRNe

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...073406492.html

https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/news/cu...cid=uxbndlbing
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2020, 07:22 PM

8,620 posts, read 5,654,555 times
I love him. Just watched it. He never fails to impress with his logic.

I am a Democrat, but NOT a fan of his brother, Chris (too cocky - never smiles) - Andrew Cuomo is a rare combination of intelligence, integrity, and humor.

Old 10-23-2020, 07:41 PM

1,332 posts, read 1,990,286 times
He is an idiot...He was responsible to NYS...not Trump.

DeBlasio and the other clowns celebrating Chinese New Years..encouraging everyone to come out to join them...They certainly set an example..Didn't they?

DeBlasio was responsible to NYC (at least is suppose to be...). Not Trump.

Many people that lost someone in the nursing homes, because of Cuomo, will not let it go by...They should take action and demand the federal Justice Department investigate Cuomo.

His only accomplishment was to name a bridge after his father (because nobody else would ever think of it). And that was a joke...He rushed to open it before the last election because he was worried about being voted out. So, they opened the bridge, and within 30 days, they ripped up one of the center lanes to put something or other in...

Then a few months later, they closed the outer lanes as they rushed the opening so much, they had to close it to put in bus lanes...You know what bus lanes are - We've had them for 40 or 50 freaking years, and these corrupt idiots opened a new bridge without bus lanes...And the commuters were inconvenienced once again for many months.

And to top it off, the freaking roads connected to the bridge are a disaster....But then again, all NYS roads are pretty much a disaster.

The Cuomos are another no talent wanna-be dynasty.

Old 10-23-2020, 08:22 PM

5,125 posts, read 4,972,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodysbusiness View Post
I love him. Just watched it. He never fails to impress with his logic.

I am a Democrat, but NOT a fan of his brother, Chris (too cocky - never smiles) - Andrew Cuomo is a rare combination of intelligence, integrity, and humor.

I know that he is governor of NY, but it was my first time hearing him talking on TV, partly because I watch S. Colbert show now and then...the way he talks indicates that there is a disconnection between his brain and tongue/lip muscles...sounds awful...

I agree that Cuomo single-handedly murdered a lot of NY seniors for his reckless handling of covid in NYS.

Old 10-23-2020, 10:21 PM

644 posts, read 307,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by migee View Post
His only accomplishment was to name a bridge after his father (because nobody else would ever think of it). And that was a joke...He rushed to open it before the last election because he was worried about being voted out. So, they opened the bridge, and within 30 days, they ripped up one of the center lanes to put something or other in...

Then a few months later, they closed the outer lanes as they rushed the opening so much, they had to close it to put in bus lanes...You know what bus lanes are - We've had them for 40 or 50 freaking years, and these corrupt idiots opened a new bridge without bus lanes...And the commuters were inconvenienced once again for many months.
I worked on that project! As I recall, the rush had to do with federal deadlines (it was in a fast-track program for infrastructure). It had to be on time to get federal funds. The lack of bus lanes had to do with the fast-tracking too. I'm not a traffic expert, but I think these lanes were not included initially to simplify/speed up the required traffic analysis. So it's not like they forgot about the bus lanes in a hurry, it's kind of crazy to go back and put them in later but that was the plan...

Old 10-23-2020, 10:54 PM

2,450 posts, read 973,292 times
If I recall the bridge had to be closed for an emergency inspection for a period of time because a barge hit it due to inferior lighting.

Old 10-24-2020, 01:33 AM

16,083 posts, read 6,853,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GGG2020 View Post
I worked on that project! As I recall, the rush had to do with federal deadlines (it was in a fast-track program for infrastructure). It had to be on time to get federal funds. The lack of bus lanes had to do with the fast-tracking too. I'm not a traffic expert, but I think these lanes were not included initially to simplify/speed up the required traffic analysis. So it's not like they forgot about the bus lanes in a hurry, it's kind of crazy to go back and put them in later but that was the plan...
Response: Opinion

Typical New York State behavior embraced by entitled politicians.
Waiting on Federal Funds while throwing away daily revenues for much needed city infrastructure.
No different than a crackhead getting free food ( EBT card ) and selling it for another high...............

Old 10-24-2020, 06:18 PM

1,332 posts, read 1,990,286 times
Default Overall it was still a big screw-up

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGG2020 View Post
So what you are saying I am sure is correct - But it does show again how lousy he and the planners he used screwed up all along.

Why was there a need for "fast track"?...To me that means they screwed up the work, and simply planned badly. I remember there was at least one incident of a barge accident - maybe that delayed it somewhat..But good planning allows ample time fo possible occurrences and delays.

Do you know why the center lane was ripped up as soon as it opened?... It looked like a 3' or so wide lane repair nearly the whole length of the bridge - like they laid a cable or pipe they forgot to do...or had to replace already.

Old 10-24-2020, 10:03 PM

644 posts, read 307,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by migee View Post
So what you are saying I am sure is correct - But it does show again how lousy he and the planners he used screwed up all along.

Why was there a need for "fast track"?...To me that means they screwed up the work, and simply planned badly. I remember there was at least one incident of a barge accident - maybe that delayed it somewhat..But good planning allows ample time fo possible occurrences and delays.

Do you know why the center lane was ripped up as soon as it opened?... It looked like a 3' or so wide lane repair nearly the whole length of the bridge - like they laid a cable or pipe they forgot to do...or had to replace already.
No, I don't know about the center lane, sorry! As for the "fast track" - I gather it was a jobs creation thing. There were several big infrastructure projects picked all over the country, but they had to be done on a certain timeline (I guess so they don't end up permanently delayed and not actually creating jobs).

Old 10-25-2020, 11:08 AM

360 posts, read 167,626 times
Cuomo sent all the old people back into nursing homes so they could die from Covid. Then he blamed it on Trump.

No. Those deaths are on his head.

The man is such a narcissist he is projecting his guilt and blame onto others. A big part of the death toll figures in the USA are from states like NY and Florida where they did this. Outside the elderly and obese population very few have died from Covid STATISTICALLY SPEAKING.

He is also a giant toolbag for naming a bridge after his own father - a bridge ironically that flows over the very river his dad allowed IBM and GE to turn into toxic sludge by dumping chemicals into during his tenure.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies