Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2020, 03:34 PM

5,658 posts, read 6,272,871 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmerLernen View Post
Best.Post.Ever!

For those of you who only skim these posts, in case you missed it, here are the key words from above. So, so, soooo worth repeating:
  • "woke"
  • gelded husbands
  • self righteous twits
  • vile teachers' unions
It sort of gave off a vibe of "blame women" to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2020, 03:36 PM

39,190 posts, read 51,565,881 times
As poster above said, the suburbs did not change. Republicans did. I also think that should they shake off the stain of Trumpism, they can reclaim their strength there. But time is running out.

Old 10-24-2020, 03:39 PM

27,865 posts, read 28,989,451 times
I grew up in a Maryland suburb of Washington DC. I still live in a suburb of Washington DC and yet I never agreed with the liberal politics that is the default here.

Maybe I just slipped through the cracks. Go figure.

Old 10-24-2020, 03:48 PM

6,927 posts, read 6,985,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
the reason may be because stupid suburban white women voters value a president being nice instead of a president being effective and protecting their interests. i find the adjective nice a pejorative. i'd be insulted if anyone called me 'nice'.

black male voters may be part of the coalition for trump this election instead of some stupid suburban white women. we will see.

i still have no feel for who, trump or biden, will win in november. the huge early vote by democrats does seem to favor them, however.
As a former stupid suburban white woman voter (I'm now a stupid rural white woman voter), I feel it incumbent on me to assure you that I will never insult you.

With that out of the way, lets talk about "being effective and protecting their [our] interests." First of all, lets look at "effective." No world leader in the 21st century can turn his back on science and label it's findings to be a "hoax." Trump has done this, but the results are a far cry from being effective. The lack of US response to the pandemic has cost us highly in terms of jobs, loss of income, looming evictions, sickness and thousands of deaths that could have been avoided.

In the face of these things, Trump has worked as hard as he possibly can to get the courts to invalidate the ACA. Millions of Americans will lose their health insurance and Trump's promises that pre-existing conditions will remain covered is just empty words. Trump has put forward no plan at all as a republican alternative to the ACA. How can having no health insurance that covers anything still be a protection for pre-existing conditions? It's just one more of the shell games Trump is using in his attempts to con the American public.

When it comes to the environment, a hoax fire is burning through Rocky Mountain National Park and this same hoax fire has destroyed hundreds of thousands of acres in my home state. This has been our worst fire year since 2019 which was the worst since 2018, etc., etc. The state of California is also experiencing a record breaking fire season which has been the worst since 2019, 2018, etc., etc. The same is true of hurricanes. So far 2020 is the second most active hurricane season on record with towns in the Gulf states experiencing ever more devastating and costly floods. At least Trump is willing to send FEMA out to the red Gulf states. Blue states like California and Colorado get handed a couple of rakes and told to get busy. Trump solves problems by turning his back on them. How effective is that?

On every single thing he touches, Trump has been spectacularly incompetent. There is no wall. What few stretches have been refortified or rebuilt have been paid for out of the budget for national defense. The last I heard of, Mexico does not send checks to the Pentagon. Correct me if I'm wrong.

According to the Brookings Institution and Forbes and many others, Trump's trade war with China caused economic pain on both sides and led to diversion of trade flows away from both China and the United States. U.S. economic growth slowed, business investment froze, and companies didn’t hire as many people. Across the nation, a lot of farmers went bankrupt, and the manufacturing and freight transportation sectors have hit lows not seen since the last recession. "Trump’s actions amounted to one of the largest tax increases in years.” https://www.brookings.edu/blog/order...-hurt-america/

I could go on and on giving examples, but then I'm just a stupid woman who tries too hard to be "nice."

Old 10-24-2020, 03:54 PM

4,540 posts, read 2,815,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fat lou View Post
Ah, it sounds like you're one of those residents of a lily-white suburb who has a Black Lives Matter sign in front of your house. In which case, I'm curious: if you like black people so much, why don't you live near any black people?
I don’t even own a home because I’m a filthy millennial. And if I did I wouldn’t put any political sign outside - ever.

Sounds like you have wild imagination.

Old 10-24-2020, 03:56 PM

Location: In a city within a state where politicians come to get their PHDs in Corruption
2,909 posts, read 2,086,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewjdeg View Post
Votes for Jorgensen but voluntarily chooses to live in a heavily taxed and regulated suburb.

Sounds like you are the sheep.
Did you ever think living somewhere isn't just based on financial considerations?

Old 10-24-2020, 04:02 PM

22,597 posts, read 12,173,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipaper View Post
Only to the hateful racist people.
Nope. I used to think that GW Bush was the worst president ever. Then along came to Obama to prove me wrong.

And why do you think that those of use who disliked Obama/Biden are "hateful and racist"? That's awfully presumptuous of you.

Old 10-24-2020, 04:06 PM

4,540 posts, read 2,815,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tolovefromANFIELD View Post
Did you ever think living somewhere isn't just based on financial considerations?
For normal people yeah, but not people that consider “99% of the population to be sheep.”

Old 10-24-2020, 04:08 PM

26,479 posts, read 13,321,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fat lou View Post
Ah, it sounds like you're one of those residents of a lily-white suburb who has a Black Lives Matter sign in front of your house. In which case, I'm curious: if you like black people so much, why don't you live near any black people?
I need to have a cocktail, and cigar, some day with fat lou.

Trump should hire big lou to warm up the crowds, before his rally's.

Old 10-24-2020, 04:19 PM

3,616 posts, read 1,686,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipaper View Post
Because they had nearly four years to see Trump in action, and that is not what they voted for back in 2016. Back then, they didn't know it would turn out like this, but now that they know, they don't want another four years of this guy. Trump is a very very flawed person, no class and respect for the office he holds, very nasty and vindictive, no respect for women, racist, bully, name calling, a liar, a very very divisive person, and a very bad example to the children of America on how not to behave. This list is long, and people are exhausted watching this administration these last four years. And not to even mention his handling of the virus, on top of all these other things. We need decency and morals back in the White House, and we wonder why society is going down the tube.
This...lack of a covid plan with rising cases/deaths coming back to bite the non mask wearing super spreader himself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies