Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-26-2020, 12:57 PM

9,434 posts, read 4,270,736 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBromhal View Post
this all started at least 2 weeks ago.

If you don't think the Black vote will "influence the election" then you're forgetting about 2008 and 2016.

Who else is Joe spending time with? Didn't he call a lid on this week too?

Has he not had 47 years, or 8 of those working with a Black President, or 8 months as the presumptive nominee, or 3 months with a Black running mate to get SOME policy outlines?
Do you really want to argue the importance of ice as compared to al sharpton or the Floyd family or the Obamas. Those are the marquis names. And I like SVU.

Old 10-26-2020, 01:01 PM

25,116 posts, read 16,255,526 times
Al Sharpton has had 40(?) years to do something for the Black community. Feel free to tell us what he's done.

The Floyd family? Tell me ANYTHING they've done besides get rich because George was wrongly killed by cops.

I do admire Jacob Blake's mom and what she said.

What did Obama do in 8 years? Seriously - what's his "top 5 things I did as POTUS primarily aimed at improving the lives of Blacks"?

Old 10-26-2020, 01:02 PM

17,548 posts, read 14,730,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foodyum View Post
Well the election is days away. That works. Is he that important to the campaign or is his opinion important for policy.
Biden needs to spend time with people who will influence the election at this point and work on policy details when he is elected.
Ice Cube met w/ Kushner in September. I'd assume he spoke w/ the Biden camp sometime earlier in that month as well. That would make it two months before the election. That's more than enough time.

You would think that if the black vote was as important to Biden as he says it is, he would've made the time on his busy schedule (lol) to meet with Ice Cube.

Biden has a definitely habit of taking the black vote for granted - and this is yet another example.

Old 10-26-2020, 01:03 PM

25,116 posts, read 16,255,526 times
I have NO idea how important Ice Cube is or should be. He's still on record being strongly opposed to Trump.

Yet he was given the chance by Trump. How many times has Trump convened with Black leaders (and let's feel free to exclude Diamond n Silk & CandaceO from that group).

Old 10-26-2020, 01:07 PM

28,343 posts, read 16,420,843 times
Again, one thing that we have seen in a lot of the Black community, which is mostly Democrat, is that President Trump’s policies are the policies that can help people break out of the problems that they’re complaining about. But he can’t want them to be successful more than that they want to be successful and what you’re seeing is groundswell support in the community because they are realizing all the different bad things media said about President Trump is not true,” --Jared Kushner

That's a direct quote - pretty much saying that Trump's policies would help get rid of problems for the black community if only the black community would just "want to be successful".

Old 10-26-2020, 01:08 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,267,941 times
Quote:
obviously, didn't watch the video and has no idea of the context, as I've pointed out.

Black people have chosen Dems over Republicans since 1965, yes? Do you think any Republican would be surprised if 80% of Blacks pulled the straight D lever?

What's that done for your people?
How we vote isn’t any of your concern and what the hell do you care what it’s done for black people? Don’t worry about what doesn’t concern you.

Old 10-26-2020, 01:10 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,267,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
And you've gone to being a victim, to staying a victim. Shocker.

No one is coming to save us, sorry for the breaking news.
Us? I’m not in any group with you! I’m an African American.

17,548 posts, read 14,730,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
How we vote isn’t any of your concern and what the hell do you care what it’s done for black people? Don’t worry about what doesn’t concern you.
I love how you speak for the entire black community.

It's cute.

9,434 posts, read 4,270,736 times
Quote:
Al Sharpton has had 40(?) years to do something for the Black community. Feel free to tell us what he's done.

The Floyd family? Tell me ANYTHING they've done besides get rich because George was wrongly killed by cops.

I do admire Jacob Blake's mom and what she said.

What did Obama do in 8 years? Seriously - what's his "top 5 things I did as POTUS primarily aimed at improving the lives of Blacks"?
If you think those 3 names mean nothing in 2020 then you may be out of touch.
We all know accomplishments are spun and have little to do with influence.

Old 10-26-2020, 01:12 PM

17,916 posts, read 24,405,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robrelo View Post
Why take advice from people who are already successful when you can just play the victim card?
Kushner graduated from the Frisch School, a Modern Orthodox yeshiva high school, in 1999. With help from his father, he enrolled at Harvard University in 1999. According to journalist Daniel Golden, Kushner's father made a donation of $2.5 million to the University in 1998, not long before Jared was admitted.

Black people should just do this. Pull yourself up by your bootstraps by getting your father to donate millions to Harvard as an application fee.

Oh, and while you are at Harvard, use your savings from your part time minimum wage job to buy and sell real estate:

[Kushner] was elected into the Fly Club, supported the campus Chabad house,[16][17] and bought and sold real estate in Somerville, Massachusetts, as a vice president of Somerville Building Associates (a division of Kushner Companies), returning a profit of $20 million by its dissolution in 2005.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies