Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-28-2020, 08:47 AM

2,941 posts, read 1,790,093 times

Advertisements

It's okay, they are all snowflakes anyway...

Maskless, old farts in freezing temperatures for 3 hours, during a pandemic with 25% positivity in Omaha?! What could possibly go wrong? WINNING!

This is such a perfect representation of what’s going to happen to these people if they continue to support Trump. They were literally left in the cold and will be figuratively too once these people lose their Social Security, healthcare coverage etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2020, 08:47 AM

25,608 posts, read 17,341,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
Lolz, anything that causes them any discomfort is comforting to me
That's why your side will lose.
Democrats don't really care about anyone. They posture and pretend, but, really?............... Nah.

40% of Black likely voters have figured that out and support Trump.

Old 10-28-2020, 08:48 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,666,416 times
Why were they wearing coats? Hypothermia only kills like .000008% of the population.

Old 10-28-2020, 08:49 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 16 days ago)

35,665 posts, read 18,029,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBromhal View Post
they appear extremely happy to run a commercial for a Dem House challenger.

I didn't see the article mention that while the campaign supplied buses to get there, they didn't to get back to their cars. I don't think the busses were owned by Trump campaign, and so we have to wonder why they didn't come back.
They said the busses couldn't get through the crowds. The article I posted mentioned that not only were the rally attenders who parked close to the rally clogging the roads (they were able to reach their cars quickly) but pedestrians were also wandering around in the roads trying to get back to their cars parked miles away.

So I guess for a bit, it really was congested.

But somehow cops and the metro busses the cops called could get through.

Old 10-28-2020, 08:49 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,666,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
I don't follow the Democrats. I know she ran for president but that is about it. Were people hospitalized who attended her rally? Were they stranded in the middle of the night?

I don't get the defense of saying but the Democrats do it too. Democrats do a lot of stupid things but that is for another thread.
She didn’t win

Old 10-28-2020, 08:50 AM

25,116 posts, read 16,242,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
This is not Fairbanks, Alaska. Why bring that up? There were elderly people with hypothermia because not only was it cold but it was planned poorly. There were people sent to the hospital. People were forced to walk miles to their car or wait hours to be picked up in the cold. They did not get everyone back to their cars until 1AM. These people had no idea that it was not organized properly. Would they have gone knowing they might be stranded for hours in the cold?
have you ever been to a huge football game or outdoor concert?

Spectators arrive over a period of hours. They reach max capacity. If the game is close until the end, they almost all stay. When the game ends, they all try to leave at the same time. Same thing for a concert - who leaves before the encore?

Old 10-28-2020, 08:50 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 16 days ago)

35,665 posts, read 18,029,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
Why were they wearing coats? Hypothermia only kills like .000008% of the population.
touchè

Old 10-28-2020, 08:51 AM

25,608 posts, read 17,341,290 times
More people were stranded at Trump's rally than ever showed up for Biden's.

Old 10-28-2020, 08:54 AM

11,228 posts, read 8,319,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RICANRICAN View Post
The OP don't really give a damn about those people!!
Trump was the OP?

Old 10-28-2020, 08:54 AM

25,116 posts, read 16,242,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Darwin says.......... "I got this"
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
We've been around this bend before.

It appears only conservatives want their opponents to die.

None of us here participating in this thread, want any of these people dead. Nor do the liberals waking up to this on the news this morning. We're all picturing our grandpas out there trying to find his car and shaking and barely able to move forward in the freezing cold in the wee hours of the morning.

If this were, say, a music venue I'd be just as stunned at how this was handled.

(I live in Austin, where there are a LOT of enormous music venues, also near the Circuit of the Americas, and I understand there are logistics people who know how to get traffic in and out. What happened here?)
odanny chooses to disagree with you.

we could go to a Covid thread and look for comments too, if you like. I'm betting the "Trump gets Covid" thread would be a gold mine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies