Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2020, 03:38 PM

11,993 posts, read 5,924,894 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Almost like they didnt have a permit.....

Seriously though, your argument is nonsense given what the people involved said. From my link:
Go to twitter and educate yourself - that's what the problem is with you people - you believe everything in an article instead of researching. I just hate when people waste the brains God gave them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2020, 03:40 PM

9,434 posts, read 4,290,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
Go to twitter and educate yourself - that's what the problem is with you people - you believe everything in an article instead of researching. I just hate when people waste the brains God gave them.
Yes Twitter. The ultimate authority. After tick tock. Nothing gets past the army of twitter fact checkers.

Old 11-01-2020, 04:03 PM

34,289 posts, read 19,453,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foodyum View Post
Yes Twitter. The ultimate authority. After tick tock. Nothing gets past the army of twitter fact checkers.

Yeah Random people on the internet is how I want to find out stuff. LOL.

Old 11-01-2020, 04:10 PM
Status: "This too shall pass. But possibly, like a kidney stone." (set 9 days ago)

35,948 posts, read 18,257,705 times
Hmmm. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

I guess all the belly-aching the right did about roads and highways being shut down by protesters/rioters were just really irritated they didn't come up with a plan like that, themselves.

In retrospect, pretty much everyone bellyached about people having the chutzpah to block the free flow of traffic - it was only the Trump fanatics who filed that little trick away, for later use by themselves when they felt like grinding the community to a halt for attention.

Old 11-01-2020, 04:13 PM

17,874 posts, read 16,094,814 times
We call them Highways here, or turnpikes, or parkways.

Old 11-01-2020, 04:16 PM

862 posts, read 521,859 times
These people are just as dumb as all the BLM protesters who did the same thing for weeks at a time.

Interestingly enough, then, the MSM didn't seem to care at all....mhm

And there is no such thing as a Freeway in NJ, LMAO honestly this was the most offensive part of this lame gotcha post.

Old 11-01-2020, 04:39 PM
Status: "This too shall pass. But possibly, like a kidney stone." (set 9 days ago)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyTwo View Post
These people are just as dumb as all the BLM protesters who did the same thing for weeks at a time.

Interestingly enough, then, the MSM didn't seem to care at all....mhm

And there is no such thing as a Freeway in NJ, LMAO honestly this was the most offensive part of this lame gotcha post.
MSM didn't seem to care when roadways were shut down by protesters and rioters?

That's all we got on national and local news for weeks. And weeks. Rioting, fires, skirmishes, roads shut down, cars trying to get through but barely managing to escape with their lives, smoke bombs, tear gas. It was 24/7 of the news cycle.

I don't know where you were, but not here I guess and not watching TV news or news websites.

Old 11-01-2020, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aville239 View Post
This was a Vanilla ISIS test run for something much worse. Be careful out there folks.
I'm thinking I'm going to go get groceries tomorrow morning, and then just stay in the neighborhood for the next couple days.

There's a weird energy.

Old 11-01-2020, 04:46 PM

8,725 posts, read 7,451,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-b1509844.html

LOL.. Its sort of ironic that Trump supporters are doing this after all the insanity where they cheered on the idea of running folks over who block traffic. Id say the hypocrisy was stunning, but im sort of used to it.
Did you even read the article? if so, then why post the false thread title? They did not shut anything down.

Old 11-01-2020, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by k350 View Post
Did you even read the article? if so, then why post the false thread title? They did not shut anything down.
Going one way, yes, they did shut down the highway.

The lanes going the other way, that have a barrier between them and the blocked opposite way traffic, are still moving.

Did you even turn on the audio? woohoo, we shut it down, baby we shut it down, we shut it down, we shut it down

If you're lucky enough to be traveling THE OTHER WAY, you're still in business. Which means ambulances or cop cars or anyone in an emergency can't get through going the blocked way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies