Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2020, 12:49 AM

16,236 posts, read 5,907,534 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Politicians don't really lie. They are saying what they want to get done if they are elected. Unfortunately, it's just not up to them depending on who controls the house. Trump outright lies every single day. No one should accept these lies from our president. Our country deserves better.
Actually politicians constantly lie. They lie through deception, through commission, through misrepresentation. Good examples of such are such fiends such as Waters, Pelosi, Schumer,McConnell, Graham etc. Biden is such a liar that his own party has called him on it numerous times.

I can't think of a single career politician that isn't a liar.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2020, 01:04 AM

16,236 posts, read 5,907,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
No, it doesn't compare. The lies Trump tells is like he's living an in an alternate universe with his imagination and bravado just taking over.
Natalie you do know that you are putting yourself in a box. Obama's lies were not fatherly lies or good natured yarns, they were blatant falsehoods meant to cover for some serious screw ups. I agree Trump takes lying to an alternate Universe level, but that doesn't buy a free pass for Obama or anyone else.

Let me ask you this. I know you will answer honestly. If you owned a business and you had an employee lie to cover mistakes, or to cover for previous lies. Would you be tolerant of that employee? What if the mistakes cost you large sums of money? What if the mistakes resulted in injury or deaths?

That is what we are dealing with here. Public servants, are our employees. We do deserves some honesty from them.Obama lied and lied often. Biden lies even more and Trump is the grand master of liars.

Old 11-02-2020, 01:07 AM

30,976 posts, read 21,713,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriotic Dissent View Post
I don't care what a president SAYS I care about what he DOES. Biden has had 47 years and has done NOTHING. Trump has done TONS in 4 years and that makes me want to give him 4 more. The gnashing of teeth,screaming and looting and rioting from the left is just a bonus.
Just name one thing Trump has done?

Old 11-02-2020, 01:07 AM

4,514 posts, read 2,538,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by remco67 View Post
What does it mean? That when your choices are a Pedophile and a Seller of Government Influence to make his family rich or a Braggart and a liar that the American People will take the Liar 9 out of 10 times.
This^^^^
And biden has a history of HUGE lies.

Old 11-02-2020, 01:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrganicSmallHome View Post
Most politicians lie, to some extent. The extent to which Trump lies is clinically pathological. Sorry, don't want a pathological liar as my President.
Trump supporters would sharply disagree with you because what Trump lies about doesn't even adversely impact their lives. So Trump will continue to lie all he wants, if he wins reelection. He also has a way of telling his approving supporters exactly what they want to hear that is good, whether true or not.

Old 11-02-2020, 01:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
The fact checkers are full of ****!

We are doing well compared to Europe and other parts of the world.

Per capita, our death rate from Covid-19 (7-day running average) is 31st, behind Ukraine, Switzerland, Chile, Portugal, Georgia, Croatia, Jordan, Colombia, France, Bulgaria, United Kingdom, Israel, Mexico, Spain, Costa Rica, Italy, Netherlands, Czechia, Belgium, Argentina, North Macedonia, Armenia, Slovenia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Moldova, Tunisia, Hungary, Romania, Poland and Iran.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/...n-inhabitants/

The European nations that have a high number of total deaths from Covid-19 are those that were first hit with the virus - Spain, Belgium, United Kingdom, Italy, Sweden, France, etc.

To draw from this that the United States failed in some way, is ridiculous, and the fact that our current death rate is lower than that of France, United Kingdom, Israel, Spain, Italy, Netherlands, Ukraine, Switzerland and Portugal is evidence that we are doing well.
For all you know, the U. S. lags the world when it comes to current covid death rates. For total deaths the U. S. is no. 9, a figure not to be real proud of.

Old 11-02-2020, 02:49 AM

34,298 posts, read 18,680,882 times
Covid is the big Smoke Screen. Cases are meaningless. Infection rate is meaningless. Unless you are old and sick go out and live your lives. All others take the necessary precautions. All these Democrat lock downs and MEDIA generated panic is criminal and an infringement on RIGHTS, freedoms and liberties.

Old 11-02-2020, 03:01 AM

4,944 posts, read 2,088,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
All statistics show that more violence is coming from right-wing, not left-wing. And any rioting NOW is happening under Trump, not Biden.
Wow... More violence from the Right than the Left... Nobody believes that line of BS. Heck, even CNN can’t hide the facts anymore.

Seriously, where have you been since May 2020 when Antifa and BLM have been destroying numerous American cities? I’m sure that the last 150+ nights of rioting in Portland, Oregon were all members of the Right... I’m sure that all those rioters that attempted to burn down a Federal Courthouse where from the Right as well.

No sheet that all this violence is happening under Trump... The last time I checked, he was president. I know the Left have a selective memory, but we had major riots in our cities when Obama AND Biden were in office.

Btw, just now, another American city is on fire... Simply looking at the make up of the demonstrators/rioters, they don’t look like they’re from the Right... IMHO.

...Because you say it, over and over again, doesn’t make it the truth.

Old 11-02-2020, 12:08 PM

19,932 posts, read 9,494,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
I agree Trump takes lying to an alternate Universe level,
LOL!! So true and so funny (except that it's not). But voting for Biden instead of Trump "because Trump lies" is even funnier (except that it's not).

This election, in my opinion, really is a matter of voting for the lesser of two evils -- and I'm voting for Trump, as much as it pains me to say it.

Old 11-02-2020, 04:27 PM

9,329 posts, read 4,160,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vkhmini View Post
It means that Clarallel is bored and has a need to start yet another I-Hate-Trump thread.

So what's new?
You should be noting instead that Trump provides material for an endless stream of articles illustrating his ignorance, greed, incompetence, vindictiveness, bigotry, lying, paranoia, and bullying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirage98de View Post
If you honestly believe this, there is simply no way we can have an intelligent conversation.

It's not a matter of what I believe about right/left wing violence. It's a matter of statistics. Here's one.

Violence by far right is among US’s most dangerous terrorist threats, study finds
https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...hreat-analysis
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies