Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-01-2020, 07:26 PM

9,329 posts, read 4,138,210 times

Advertisements

I don't mean the usual presidential lies. All presidents lie a little, even the best, often for good reasons. Carter was probably the most truthful president of modern times, and he was voted out. FDR lied to edge us into helping the Allies in WWII.

So I'm talking about Trump and his 22,000 lies. Here's an example.

Rallies Are the Core of Trump’s Campaign, and a Font of Lies and Misinformation
A recent rally in Wisconsin was typical. In 90 minutes, President Trump made 131 false or inaccurate statements.

By Linda Qiu and Michael D. Shear

Over the course of the next 87 minutes, the president made another 130 false or inaccurate statements. Many were entirely made up. Others were casual misstatements of simple facts, some clearly intended to mislead. He lied about his own record and that of his opponent. He made wild exaggerations that violate even the pliable limits of standard political hyperbole...

A detailed examination of his statements in Janesville by The New York Times found that more than three-quarters of the president’s assertions were either false, misleading, exaggerated, disputed or lacked evidence. Less than a quarter were true.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/10/26/u...p-rallies.html

https://economictimes.indiatimes.com...w/78886352.cms

If you want some specifics, scroll down to:
He claimed to have enacted the “biggest tax cut in history”
Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2020, 07:28 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,358,607 times
Nothing good. I man...sure all politicians lie is a common phrase...but...not like this. This is insane next level not in reality nonsense. If we ever get another candidate that does it like this and we accept it, we are doomed as a country.

Old 11-01-2020, 07:30 PM

4,653 posts, read 1,947,611 times
What does it mean? That when your choices are a Pedophile and a Seller of Government Influence to make his family rich or a Braggart and a liar that the American People will take the Liar 9 out of 10 times.

Old 11-01-2020, 07:32 PM

4,505 posts, read 1,860,989 times
Major cities are in the process of boarding up and making plans to defend themselves against domestic terrorism.

Trump is an ass, a liar, a terrible person.....

But the democrat party has formed such a violent, unhinged mob, that I have no choice to vote against them.

Old 11-01-2020, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by remco67 View Post
What does it mean? That when your choices are a Pedophile and a Seller of Government Influence to make his family rich or a Braggart and a liar that the American People will take the Liar 9 out of 10 times.
As far as I know, there have never been any solid accusations against Biden that went to court. Trump, on the other hand, has had many. In fact, I think he may be the only president to have had an on-going court case unrelated to the presidency. I believe he's been involved in about 3,000 lawsuits. That should tell you something right there.

Old 11-01-2020, 07:39 PM

380 posts, read 164,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
As far as I know, there have never been any solid accusations against Biden that went to court. Trump, on the other hand, has had many. In fact, I think he may be the only president to have had an on-going court case unrelated to the presidency. I believe he's been involved in about 3,000 lawsuits. That should tell you something right there.
As a former small business owner it is common to have frivolous lawsuits against you. I am sure Trumps many businesses get hit with lawsuits on a daily basis. Have you seen all the Ambulance Chaser lawyer commercials on TV and bill boards. People file lawsuits for all kind of reasons as they see $$$.

Old 11-01-2020, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirage98de View Post
Major cities are in the process of boarding up and making plans to defend themselves against domestic terrorism.

Trump is an ass, a liar, a terrible person..... But the democrat party has formed such a violent, unhinged mob, that I have no choice to vote against them.
All statistics show that more violence is coming from right-wing, not left-wing. And any rioting NOW is happening under Trump, not Biden.

Old 11-01-2020, 07:41 PM

20,955 posts, read 5,542,607 times
It means that Clarallel is bored and has a need to start yet another I-Hate-Trump thread.

So what's new?

Old 11-01-2020, 07:42 PM

2,707 posts, read 1,032,774 times
Quote:
I don't mean the usual presidential lies. All presidents lie a little, even the best, often for good reasons. Carter was probably the most truthful president of modern times, and he was voted out. FDR lied to edge us into helping the Allies in WWII.

A recent rally in Wisconsin was typical. In 90 minutes, President Trump made 131 false or inaccurate statements.

Over the course of the next 87 minutes, the president made another 130 false or inaccurate statements. Many were entirely made up. Others were casual misstatements of simple facts, some clearly intended to mislead. He lied about his own record and that of his opponent. He made wild exaggerations that violate even the pliable limits of standard political hyperbole...

A detailed examination of his statements in Janesville by The New York Times found that more than three-quarters of the president’s assertions were either false, misleading, exaggerated, disputed or lacked evidence. Less than a quarter were true.

I don't care what a president SAYS I care about what he DOES. Biden has had 47 years and has done NOTHING. Trump has done TONS in 4 years and that makes me want to give him 4 more. The gnashing of teeth,screaming and looting and rioting from the left is just a bonus.

Old 11-01-2020, 07:42 PM

2,942 posts, read 1,637,116 times
Quote:

Biden lied to you. But you could care less.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies