Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2020, 10:50 PM

10,098 posts, read 4,088,791 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
So what is to be gained by the losing side rioting, looting, and showing the rest of the world we are mad we lost, and can't accept the results?
What is the mindset behind such craziness?
If you lose, accept it, and go on with your life.
What is so wrong with that?
Before, when Europeans were still a dominant majority in America, we never had these issues. Coincidence, or not?

More diversity, more psychodrama. And that's the dead cold truth. Diversity is anything but "strength", as SJWs would have everyone believe.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2020, 10:53 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,371,187 times
I know some folks who are boarding up businesses. They figure it doesn't matter who wins, there is going to be issues. Proud boys escalating stuff, and they're heavily armed, or the Antifa folks going nuts if the other side wins. They figure the proud boys are a threat to life, and the antifa a threat to property. Also worried about more insane levels of tear gas.

I figure no matter who wins we're going to see some of us get stupid.

Old 11-02-2020, 10:58 PM
bu2

24,106 posts, read 14,885,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
lmao ... Trump has never said anything close to that.

But for the OP - what has changed? The media has spent the better part of the year coddling, encouraging and making excuses for all of the toddlers and thugs who stole big screen tvs and burned down fast food restaurants.

And they're even still encouraging it - by saying it's "expected".
And they have been demonizing not just our President, but also everyone who votes for him. They have been continuing to spread (and you see a lot of idiots on this board repeating it) the idea that Russia somehow stole the election for President Trump in 2016 despite Mueller's report saying it didn't happen. And then they have been publishing fake polls to try to delegitimize Trump's victory (assuming he does win).

Last edited by Ibginnie; 11-03-2020 at 12:39 PM.. Reason: edited quoted post

Old 11-02-2020, 11:00 PM
bu2

24,106 posts, read 14,885,315 times
Quote:
So what is to be gained by the losing side rioting, looting, and showing the rest of the world we are mad we lost, and can't accept the results?
What is the mindset behind such craziness?
If you lose, accept it, and go on with your life.
What is so wrong with that?
They think it gives them a political advantage. It also distracts the government from doing other things that need to be done.

Plus, many of them really are crazy.

Old 11-02-2020, 11:02 PM

39,869 posts, read 26,508,031 times
Quote:
If you have been watching the news in the last few days, you would see that many cities across this country are boarding up their buildings in preparation for rioting.
I have lived 81(almost 82 long years) and this is my first experience at seeing predicted large scale riots following an election.
So I need to ask, what has changed?
In other years, when an election did not go as some wanted, they quietly accepted the results, and went on with their lives.
Now, cities across the country are expecting violence, from the losing side.

Why is this?
Why can't people just accept the results, and live with them?
Wrong on 2 counts. First, in 2016, one side looted and rioted in a widespread temper tantrum upon losing the election. It was a great disturbance in the force-like 60 million snowflakes, melting, all at once.

And second, no one is expecting violence from the Republicans that loose. Only the left. Same as the last 6 months when the fools have been looting, burning and killing across the country.

Old 11-02-2020, 11:07 PM

17,581 posts, read 13,355,792 times
Quote:
If you have been watching the news in the last few days, you would see that many cities across this country are boarding up their buildings in preparation for rioting.
I have lived 81(almost 82 long years) and this is my first experience at seeing predicted large scale riots following an election.
In other years, when an election did not go as some wanted, they quietly accepted the results, and went on with their lives.
Why is this?

I have to agree with you this time

I do NOT want a President Biden, but if elected, he will be my President. Just like obuma who I absolutely couldn't stand!

If President Trump is reelected, I know others hate him, but he will be your President.

Old 11-02-2020, 11:09 PM

5,479 posts, read 2,120,401 times
Let's also not forget that Antifa and BLM started their BS long before Trump even announced he was running for POTUS....This all started on Obama's watch!

Old 11-02-2020, 11:11 PM

9,189 posts, read 7,600,003 times
Quote:
Why is this?
Donald Jackass Trump. He's unpresidential, devisive and miserable leadership.

Divide and conquer mentality but the emperor has no clothes.

Old 11-03-2020, 12:29 AM

8,555 posts, read 10,978,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lekrii View Post
Trump has been stirring up division for years. He's made it clear he only looks out for his supporters, not for all citizens. We've never had such a divisive leader before.
So why don't you, and others who are of the same mind set, just forget what politicians are doing, and go on with your lives?
Why is it so important to get yourselves all wrapped up in things you can't change?
Don't you have lives to lead?
Why do you allow anything political to bother you?
What do you get out of it?

Old 11-03-2020, 12:38 AM

9,049 posts, read 3,523,517 times
Quote:
Why is this?
What has changed is the extreme fringe of the left have been emboldened by seeing no negative consequences to their behaviour and even some caving to their demands.

They aren't boarding up for fear of disappointed Republicans.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies