Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2020, 01:02 PM

18,461 posts, read 7,092,496 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jertheber View Post
Not to mention your own hopes for a fourth Reich...

^This is why nobody takes the far left seriously.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2020, 01:04 PM

19,387 posts, read 6,505,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by naicha View Post
Why wouldn't he "last"?

What are you thinking is going to happen?
He won’t last because he has dementia which has become noticeably worse the last six months under the strain of a campaign, even though he spent most of it in his basement, and his cognitive decline will accelerate under the stress of the most demanding job in the world.

That means we will get Commie Kamala, but fortunately the House will flip to Republicans in 2022 and render her neutered. Then it will be two more years of blocking her progressive agenda, at which time a Republican will be elected president.

Old 11-04-2020, 01:04 PM

11,523 posts, read 14,659,169 times
Protests, rioting and looting? But, you don't mind when the Republicans and DeJoy don't count legitimate votes and stash them away somewhere, ie take our democracy and trying to loot it?
Funny how people define things.

Old 11-04-2020, 01:10 PM

3,971 posts, read 4,040,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by naicha View Post
Why wouldn't he "last"?

What are you thinking is going to happen?
Harris will be running the show. Biden has demonstrated confusion and agitation in public. Just recently he thought he was running for the Senate. Harris will push him out.

I hope he stops fracking if he wins but somehow I doubt he will do that. The first thing he will do is raise taxes.

Old 11-04-2020, 01:17 PM

7,072 posts, read 9,621,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
Again, here we go with the "facts" that are obviously bait and switch to cover an ideological agenda.

If the middle class is already paying for health insurance through employers, and most employers cover half or more of the cost, what is the actual net impact of moving to single payer, taxes + premiums net? It's not possible that it will cost more if you remove the insurance company profit motive.
Name one government program that has not needed increased taxes to cover it's existence as time progresses. Government would need to hire many people to oversee a huge new healthcare program. Who do you think will be paying for these new workers? And is the government going to blindly pay all bills submitted by hospitals?

Old 11-04-2020, 01:19 PM

2,419 posts, read 2,989,141 times
Sounds like you don't care about other people at all. Why did you vote for the party that cares?

Old 11-04-2020, 01:23 PM

23,984 posts, read 15,086,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
They are not.

The right-wing keeps trying to lump the progressives with the liberals and moderates.

This is a big reason why urban cities reject Republicans - the GOP doesn't even understand the most basic element in appealing to voters - who the voters are.

They sure know how to instill fear, tho.

Old 11-04-2020, 01:27 PM

11,411 posts, read 7,809,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pete98146 View Post
One of the things Glen Beck was saying last night, which makes perfect sense, is if Trump does lose, he'll create his own media channel in which he continues his message.

With this election, half the country has totally lost confidence in the media. We need more alternative news sources. I know a few that I watch like Amazing Polly have been censored. So you are correct when you say "Just look at how they treat anyone who goes off message in the slightest way."

50% of this nation will need therapy LOL. Having such a channel headed by Trump would be awesome.
The media absolutely attempted to destroy conservatives for the last 4 years. But as they say, "what's good for the goose...…"
Good! No one creates more hatred of Trump (and the right wing) than Trump. If he wants to continue to bloviate, it’s all good for the Democrats.

Now that he may lose, the rats are already abandoning his ship.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/202...liveBlogHeader

Old 11-04-2020, 01:31 PM

11,974 posts, read 25,480,204 times
I like the fact that both parties have less control in the house and senate, maybe this will moderate things.

Old 11-04-2020, 01:31 PM

5,481 posts, read 8,579,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adhom View Post
As a Biden supporter and seeing how he is potentially on his way to victory, here are the things I can confess to:

I don't like BLM. I don't care for the mass protests, riots and looting.
I don't care about ACA. My wife and I both have amazing corporate healthcare.
I don't care for all the focus on transgender rights. Men who went through sex change should not be able to compete in women's sports.
I don't care about illegal immigrants. Just treat them humanely but there is no reason to welcome them. Keep them out humanely too.
Are you actually a Biden supporter or just anti Trump? If you’re a Biden supporter, what exactly are you a fan of when it comes to his policies?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies