Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-04-2020, 05:13 PM

2,082 posts, read 926,058 times

Advertisements

Why are the poll counters hiding?

Detroit Absentee Ballot Counting Chaos as Workers Block Windows, Bar Observers

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...bar-observers/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2020, 05:16 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 16 days ago)

35,665 posts, read 18,021,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttboy View Post
Why are the poll counters hiding?

Detroit Absentee Ballot Counting Chaos as Workers Block Windows, Bar Observers

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...bar-observers/
Maybe when "hundreds of unofficial Republican observers" descended on the ballot counting place, with the windows open, that the "hundreds of unofficial Republican observers" might well be taking close up pictures and planning to splash their identities all over social media? Or worse, maybe they were planning to get in their trucks and run the election workers off the roads on the way home?

A mob of unofficial people of one party doesn't have the right to create basically a rally outside a poll counting facility.

It's HIGHLY unlikely that that group (looks like a fair amount of workers) are all democrats who are working in full view of each other to purposely miscount the votes.

Old 11-04-2020, 05:55 PM

2,140 posts, read 363,156 times
It appears that there is a need for privacy for a small room. State laws dictate processes, so you might get more info from the statutes of the particular state, or go to the BOE website for that state... That could be a break room or something.

Counting observers have to apply to be an observer and if qualified - follow very strict rules because - of course. They cannot interact or use body language to signal anything to voters, it’s not a casual thing. Party affiliation is pretty much unidentifiable unless someone offers it up. There aren’t partisan areas or factions for vote counting. Look into it if you’re worried. Carefully.

I believe it is standard to ensure that people of both parties work with each other in open spaces - maybe that’s a training room? I’m not sure what that video actually depicts. Is it from an official source? If not, it’s likely a bad idea to assume anything about it if you can’t verify it first. Which, again - look up the state website. They are probably the only way you can get answers without getting yourself in trouble, potentially.

Edit: unofficial observers are not a thing - that’s illegal, unless they follow laws - usually that means staying away from the polling location - basically “unofficial observers” are loitering and could be a problem if voters are intimidated and could get a ticket. We all need to take the voting process seriously and ensure everyone with valid registration gets to vote. Law and order.

It look crowded. I hope those people are being safe around loved one when they go home or work.

Follow it up if you are concerned. Google will get you a state phone number within seconds. And they’ll give you the number you’re looking for. If something fishy is going on (with dozens of people watching that guy? My guess is it’s something meaningless, but I’ve looked into things - it’s never wrong to inquire in good faith, without malice).

I hope you are able to allay your concerns! Most people want other people to be safe and have valid voting processes for everyone. I hope you voted! Cheers.

Last edited by paperwing; 11-04-2020 at 06:15 PM..

Old 11-04-2020, 05:57 PM

20,764 posts, read 8,606,055 times
Detroit cops were blocking GOP observers from entering, too. Well, they are paid by the city which is Dem run, right?

Also three vehicles carrying boxes of ballots pulled into one polling place late at night. One was a Ferrari, which is interesting. They all had out of state plates.

I hope these criminals get arrested because you know this isn't the first time this has happened in Detroit which is why that city is a mess.

Dem motto is "By hook or by crook"

Old 11-04-2020, 05:59 PM

13,471 posts, read 9,982,834 times
I thought the Red team weren't going to riot under any circumstances?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies