Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2020, 11:06 AM

20,462 posts, read 12,384,859 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX Wahine View Post
I find it sad that regardless of how one feels about Trump, his work toward peace accord is going unnoticed. Some day he’ll get the accolades he deserves.
ATX, it isn't unnoticed. Its rejected.

Not by us. We both notice and appreciate the sea-change in approach that has brought about peace deals that were otherwise thought impossible.

But those that hate Trump, hate the approach. Biden and his team have already stated they will undo the methodology and switch back to the previous approach in the Middle East.

They have also indicated a reversal to the approach to China. IF Biden pulls this off, we will surrender to the CCP.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2020, 11:06 AM

6,667 posts, read 2,975,051 times
I mean,..you are right,..

he IS Fired,.... just not Bold and CAPS with Exclamation points !!! - Fired.

The spread is astoundingly tight.

Old 11-05-2020, 11:08 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,508,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
ATX, it isn't unnoticed. Its rejected.

Not by us. We both notice and appreciate the sea-change in approach that has brought about peace deals that were otherwise thought impossible.

But those that hate Trump, hate the approach. Biden and his team have already stated they will undo the methodology and switch back to the previous approach in the Middle East.

They have also indicated a reversal to the approach to China. IF Biden pulls this off, we will surrender to the CCP.
Great post, Ferd. I couldn’t agree more. Those who are looking at the big picture know we just threw out the baby with the bath water.

Old 11-05-2020, 11:09 AM

24,559 posts, read 18,269,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Lies.

It doesn't make sense that Republicans held all of their seats in the House, and actually had gains in House members elected - but those votes for Republican House members did not translate to Trump votes.

Doesn't make sense.

Trump got 8-9 million more votes than 2016 - and he worked his butt off for that. Do I really believe than Biden - who barely ran a campaign - also got 8-9 million more votes? I don't believe that.

Sure it makes sense. The Republicans got to configure their congressional districts to their advantage. They held power at the state level at the 2010 census. They hold power now as the 2020 census concludes. They get to Gerrymander the congressional districts. That's why Republicans won state congressional districts despite Trump losing in the state-wide election.

Trump will end up losing the popular vote by 3 to 4 million votes.

Old 11-05-2020, 11:10 AM

35,702 posts, read 21,063,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX Wahine View Post
I know you’re being sarcastic, and I laughed, but damn it’s sad how shortsighted so many Americans are. Trump, as buffoonish, orange, and annoying as he can be, managed to succeed at something that many Presidents before him could not. His peace agreements are seriously something incredible for him and America to always be proud of. Some day more Americans will realize it and admit it.
He made agreements with like people... not sure it will truly hold, but as we are all in a pandemic everyone is standing down.

Old 11-05-2020, 11:11 AM

45,582 posts, read 27,196,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good Red Road View Post
Actually it makes perfect sense. We’re seeing a lot of ballot splitting where voters were tired of Trump but still liked their senator or congressional rep. We also have Republican voters who were willing to give Biden a chance but still wanted congress to hold a check on presidential power.
Nope. Not buying it.

The only Republicans stumping for Biden are long term government personnel who probably benefit from their position - like McCain.

Again - Trump got millions more votes than 2016. And it was reflected in House gains, and a retention of the Senate.

Old 11-05-2020, 11:12 AM

2,306 posts, read 1,704,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good Red Road View Post
Actually it makes perfect sense. We’re seeing a lot of ballot splitting where voters were tired of Trump but still liked their senator or congressional rep. We also have Republican voters who were willing to give Biden a chance but still wanted congress to hold a check on presidential power.

That's what I did. I voted a split ticket.

Old 11-05-2020, 11:14 AM

18,466 posts, read 15,253,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
Believe what you want.

Apparently you were unaware of just how unpopular Trump was.

He was the first POTUS in modern history to have an underwater approval rating his entire term.
Yet his vote count is approaching that of the first black president in his historic first election.

I guess a few people do like him.

11,027 posts, read 6,508,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
He made agreements with like people... not sure it will truly hold, but as we are all in a pandemic everyone is standing down.
That’s a great way of minimizing his accomplishments. Some day you may see it differently. As the widow of a serviceman I’m surprised you can’t acknowledge his commitment to minimizing our soldiers in conflicts. I’m from a military family of both liberals and conservatives, and the one thing they CAN agree on is that Trump is no war hawk.

45,582 posts, read 27,196,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
Believe what you want.

Apparently you were unaware of just how unpopular Trump was.

He was the first POTUS in modern history to have an underwater approval rating his entire term.
Media harassment for 4 years

They stopped counting several states that Trump was winning.

They are cheating. I understand you have to put a good face on it - but they are cheating.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies