Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2020, 01:58 AM

19,966 posts, read 7,891,231 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXRunner View Post
Supporters of Kennedy didn't kneel or burn the American flag. They actually supported America instead of trying to convince everyone that it's evil. They had no need to say anything about representing all Americans. Today's Democrats don't have that luxury.
You got to love how Biden and Democrats spent on this time dividing and now the election is basically won it's ok all you surfs let's unite now lol. No thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2020, 02:28 AM

3,861 posts, read 1,800,021 times
I think Biden is trying his best to send a message of unity and we really need that in this country. Last time I felt we were united was after 9/11 under George W. Bush.

Old 11-06-2020, 02:54 AM

34,253 posts, read 18,620,732 times
No way we should let Mummy Boy or Commie Girl anywhere near the White House. What a joke.

Old 11-06-2020, 02:59 AM

37,958 posts, read 17,900,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
David Brooks is a Republican who, like many others, broke away as he became horrified by Trump. This is a hopeful preview.

5 great things Biden has already done
By David Brooks

I’ve been reading Joe Biden’s speeches, and I’m beginning to think even his supporters are underestimating him.

Biden is campaigning in a land filled with fear, hatred and apocalyptic thinking. It would be so easy for him to reflect that fear and hate back to voters. That’s what Trump does. But Biden is not doing that. Never in my life have I seen a candidate so confidently avoid wedge issues. Biden is instead running on the conviction that, despite it all, Americans deeply love their country and viscerally long for its unity.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/10/29/o...joe-biden.html

https://www.courant.com/featured/sns...p2e-story.html

https://www.seattletimes.com/opinion...-already-done/
It was a vapid article.

Nothing about policy. It's always about policy and progressive policies have always failed.

Old 11-06-2020, 03:31 AM

33,315 posts, read 12,580,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
Sure...who DOESN"T look pasty against Trump - even George Hamilton would have....but I know it'll grow on ya...give it 4 years.
George Hamilton is still alive.

He’s only 81.

Old 11-06-2020, 03:48 AM

11,122 posts, read 5,604,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
David Brooks is a Republican who, like many others, broke away as he became horrified by Trump. This is a hopeful preview.

5 great things Biden has already done
By David Brooks

I’ve been reading Joe Biden’s speeches, and I’m beginning to think even his supporters are underestimating him.

Biden is campaigning in a land filled with fear, hatred and apocalyptic thinking. It would be so easy for him to reflect that fear and hate back to voters. That’s what Trump does. But Biden is not doing that. Never in my life have I seen a candidate so confidently avoid wedge issues. Biden is instead running on the conviction that, despite it all, Americans deeply love their country and viscerally long for its unity.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/10/29/o...joe-biden.html

https://www.courant.com/featured/sns...p2e-story.html

https://www.seattletimes.com/opinion...-already-done/
I've watched and enjoyed David Brooks on PBS and NPR for some time and he's a republican I would trust. He has shown great wisdom and is a patriot that we all can respect. He is correct about Biden, who knows that his main job is going to be to reunite us in this country. On the eve of the end of the Civil War, Abraham Lincoln told Americans that it was time for reconciliation, with "charity towards all and malice towards none". I hope we can all follow the mandate in those words and cast off any grudges we may have towards our former political opposition.

Trump's words and actions in the last few days will just rub salt into his own, self-inflicted wounds. I surely wouldn't want to be him, but if we are to truly bring this country back together, we must include him and his supporters in our efforts to unify us all. The main question is, how much does the other side want to find common ground again? It will be essential for our nation to flourish. We have too many problems for just half of us to solve-----we have to be together to do it.

Last edited by Steve McDonald; 11-06-2020 at 04:05 AM..

Old 11-06-2020, 03:51 AM

14,394 posts, read 11,278,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
Are these plagiarized speeches from that British politician?
First thing that came to mind for me.

But it actually looks as though Biden WAS crediting Kinnock throughout the campaign, just not in that debate.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...n-1987-scandal

Old 11-06-2020, 03:55 AM

14,394 posts, read 11,278,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Lennox 70 View Post
So a Biden presidency will be a repeat of the Obama years. I'm personally worse off because of Obamacare. Businesses have been closed or forced to lay off people because of Obamacare.

Are the coal miners who lost their jobs because of Obama's war on coal going to okay? I live in an area where oil and gas is important to the economy. Will we be okay if Biden imposes the Green New Deal on us and destroys our region with government overregulation? What about the factory workers whose jobs were sacrificed for globalist interests in NAFTA and the WTO? Are they okay?
Obama started with a majority in the House and Senate for 2 years. Unless things turn horribly in GA for the runoffs Biden won’t. The House also has a group of progressives that will be fighting Pelosi more publicly this time, which will impact unity for legislation.

Biden is a caretaker President, like Ford was after Nixon. He’ll stay off Twitter, be a bit more civil, and try and put forth an agenda but will get little passed. McConnell will be more civil as well, but still won’t agree to what Pelosi wants.

Old 11-06-2020, 06:27 AM

78,545 posts, read 60,737,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
One of the hardest thing about being a American is sometimes tolerating folks expressing themselves. Including for example the one church group that would protest at peoples funerals. It sucks. But it protects your rights to say things publicly too.
I saw that one "church group" in action on two occasions. There were more 911 hijackers than there were protesters from that "church group". When I saw them on those two occasions, there were about 6 of them.

Furthermore, they weren't violent, just dispicable.

"Expressing yourself" should not routinely end in violence and cause 2 billion in property damage.

So, even the Westboro Baptist Church behaved better than many of this Summers protests and that's hard to surpass.

That you see it through rose colored glasses is no surprise, there is a reason Trump almost beat Biden and the democrats didn't do that well in the rest of the elections.

Old 11-06-2020, 06:30 AM

4,218 posts, read 3,769,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wintergirl80 View Post
I think Biden is trying his best to send a message of unity and we really need that in this country. Last time I felt we were united was after 9/11 under George W. Bush.
The Dems preach unity, yet they are the ones creating the divide.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies