Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-07-2020, 08:51 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,672,735 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
She's there because she's black.

Yep - I said it.
And we've had a multitude of white presidents and white vice-presidents who were there because they were white. Which is no surprise when blacks and women couldn't even vote let alone run for office. Talk about playing a race card. There's been one card for decades --- it's called the white male card and it's so pernicious most of us don't even notice how abnormal it is for most positions of power in a society to be held over-whelmingly by one sex and one color, i.e. white males. Because it isn't normal, it doesn't reflect or represent our society, which believe it or not is majority female, and now multi-colored.

Trudeau filled half of his cabinet positions with women. When asked why, he said "because it's 2015."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2020, 08:52 PM

144 posts, read 46,715 times
I don't particularly like Kamala.I don't particularly like the idea that she sent 1900 black men to jail because of Biden's legislationmaking them serve 75% of their harsh sentences.Camilla will never hold up to any of these leaders of other countries she is just too stupid and probably will laugh her way out of any hard questions. She made herself look like a real doofus a week ago totally embarrassing she was like a 10 year old school girl giggling.

Old 11-07-2020, 08:53 PM

3,348 posts, read 1,976,222 times
You seriously think Harris is a woman?!?
She’s more like a slutty teenager.

Old 11-07-2020, 08:54 PM

24,817 posts, read 9,583,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unihills View Post
We did not vote for her because of her lack of testicles. We are just celebrating the fact that they are no longer required to qualify for the office.
She polled 2% in the primaries and called Biden a rapist and racist. Her race and lack of testicles was her only qualification.

Warren and Gabbard are much more qualified and polled higher.

Old 11-07-2020, 08:56 PM

2,770 posts, read 2,612,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
what you just wrote is very ugly and sexist.
How so?

Old 11-07-2020, 09:04 PM

24,817 posts, read 9,583,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixpack View Post
I don't particularly like Kamala.I don't particularly like the idea that she sent 1900 black men to jail because of Biden's legislationmaking them serve 75% of their harsh sentences.Camilla will never hold up to any of these leaders of other countries she is just too stupid and probably will laugh her way out of any hard questions. She made herself look like a real doofus a week ago totally embarrassing she was like a 10 year old school girl giggling.
Yup, her background is just so sickening, makes me nauseous.

Old 11-07-2020, 09:24 PM

1,454 posts, read 1,160,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YourWakeUpCall View Post
I believe that race, gender, ethnicity, economic class, etc., have no bearing on one's ability to become President of the US or anything else. You apparently believe that it's a some sort of huge accomplishment for a woman of color to be VP, which means you believe women of color are inherently inferior to everyone else. That is precisely the kind of latent racism/sexism that needs to be eradicated. A good start would be for you to admit you have this problem. I'm sure your intentions are good, but you need to do some soul searching and try to understand why you think Blacks/women are inferior.
@YourWakeUpCall, you and I and countless others believe it because it's the truth. Well said...your entire post.

Old 11-07-2020, 09:27 PM

14,416 posts, read 22,542,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmerLernen View Post
@YourWakeUpCall, you and I and countless others believe it because it's the truth. Well said...your entire post.
Yes, that was a good post!

Old 11-07-2020, 09:29 PM

4,344 posts, read 5,810,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastphilly View Post
I really liked Tulsi Gabbard. Yes I voted for Trump but I would have been far more content if she was his running mate. She served her country in the military, respected the 2nd amendment and was far more centrist than the rest of the Dem candidates.

Headboard Harris was a huge mistake. This is clearly a one term administration. Biden barely won and Harris didn’t do him any favors. I believe Biden would have won by a wider margin had Gabbard been his running mate. The country in no shape or form would support a Harris presidency

I also really liked Tulsi. I agree he would have won by a bigger margin or heck if she was the POTUS elect she would have done good just for herself. Shoot, I think I would have voted for her because of her stance on many things.

Old 11-07-2020, 09:31 PM

2,634 posts, read 2,688,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
If they're never mentioned, then how do you know about them? And why do I know who they are and their accomplishments?
Nobody is celebrating Condoleeza Rice. She’s not really black, remember?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies