Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2020, 09:11 PM

7,948 posts, read 9,164,633 times

Advertisements

I am in NY. This past weekend NYC had a huge orthodox funeral with thousands of marchers, and thousands or protestors then celebrants in Times Square.

No shut down of either event by NYPD due to pressure from politicians.

Good luck contact tracing that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2020, 09:26 PM

6,137 posts, read 3,867,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mephariel View Post
Rapid testing production
Universal Mask Wearing
Better access to testing
Taskforce

Taking this **** seriously. I say that is a start.
The only way to take it seriously is to close the economy except for grocery shopping and medical needs when it is this widespread, any thing else is nearly-worthless half-measure.

These taskforces are nearly worthless because half of Americans are going to ignore everything related to this serious pandemic. Even with universal mask wearing, half of them will be worn incorrectly on chins and under noses. There isn't going be enough rapid tests any time soon no matter who is President.

Biden is obviously no better than Trump when it comes to this. If he took it seriously, he would do what they did in Wuhan or Melbourne until a vaccine. Anything less and he is just like Trump on COVID-19 response.

Trump took COVID-19 about as seriously as half the American public. Biden can't do anything worthless public relations measures to make the public, especially liberals manipulated into thinking he doing something.

Universal Mask Wearing: A vast majority are wearing face coverings now. A vast majority of stores require a face covering nationally no matter what state it is.

Universal Mask Wearing is no good if one wears it how Biden half the time wears his which is on his chin or below his nose.

Better access to testing: There is already free COVID testing sites in a majority of populated areas.

I think Trump's response was terrible but half the population is going to wear their facial coverings on their chin under their nose no matter who is President.

I am sure that the companies who manufacuture rapid tests aren't going to suddenly increase production so the population can have access to unlimited rapid tests just because is Biden is President.

Old 11-08-2020, 09:42 PM

39,875 posts, read 26,532,311 times
I suspect if Biden promotes a nationwide mask mandate, that these will become big sellers (caution, language)..

https://smile.amazon.com/Unisex-Reus...4896861&sr=8-5

Old 11-08-2020, 09:44 PM

17,670 posts, read 6,923,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
I suspect if Biden promotes a nationwide mask mandate, that these will become big sellers (caution, language)..

https://smile.amazon.com/Unisex-Reus...4896861&sr=8-5
I hope he does institute a national mask mandate and shuts the country down for a few months. That should guarantee every Democrat on the ballot loses for the next few years.

Old 11-08-2020, 10:13 PM

9,546 posts, read 7,078,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecrowds View Post

That said, Biden strategy doesn't look like much either. Basically, it seems like the only thing that will help is multiple months of a closed economy except for groceries and health care needs until there is enough vaccine for all.

The only thing that Biden can do to get it under control is multiple-months of Wuhan and Melbourne style mitigation which means basically people going just for health care and grocery needs and a closed economy until they have nearly a billion doses of vaccine, because it will require more than one dose for herd immunity and shrinkage also.

Other than a handful of states, 80% or more of people have face coverings on their face. A national mask mandate is not going to effective if people aren't distancing and they are wearing them on their chins.
Why on earth did you expect differently?

Biden told you his plan. His plan is what we are doing now.

We told you this, but the over emotional need to blame Trump was so strong, no one listened to reason. And Biden hasn't even been sworn in yet and you are already blaming him. Dang.

Biden's choices are as you say, shut everything down, or basically do what we are doing now.

The problem is, if we shut everything down similar to what Europe is doing again, the only way out is a vaccine, because as soon as we open back up, cases will go up again unless there is a vaccine. I don't see a mandatory vaccine law going over very well here. And I don't see a very large portion of this country willingly entering into a second lockdown.

Old 11-08-2020, 10:34 PM

1,436 posts, read 669,489 times
Most of us are going to get the damn virus up until we have a vaccine for it.
Your mask, your social distance might make the difference betwen getting it the 5th time you are exposed instead of the 2nd but you will get it eventually.
The only thing Biden can do different is lock us up.

Old 11-08-2020, 10:43 PM

12,003 posts, read 11,907,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
If that drooling imbecile's plan is to shut down the country again for a few months, that won't work. Fortunately DeSantis will never permit it here in Florida.

You champs can camp out in your basements forever as far as I'm concerned, only emerging for the occasional BLM riot or Biden party. The rest of us have work to do and lives to live.

Oh, the irony...

Old 11-08-2020, 10:49 PM

2,540 posts, read 1,035,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonny3 View Post
Your mask, your social distance might make the difference betwen getting it the 5th time you are exposed instead of the 2nd but you will get it eventually.

Notice how all the experts timeline the vaccine to come out at the end of the year and be become available to the public in increments in the first half of 2021. I think they are planning to announce the vaccine's availability in a few weeks and perfectly time it to become available to the public around January 20th and get everyone who wants a vaccine to get one within the first 3-4 months of Biden's presidency (the few who refuse will still mostly be protected by the majority) so Biden can take full credit for solving the Covid crisis.

Old 11-08-2020, 10:54 PM

2,942 posts, read 1,639,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonny3 View Post
While your being locked up, thousands are not locked up, coming across the border, but i'm by sure their all

COVID free, so don't worry.

Old 11-08-2020, 11:01 PM

10,681 posts, read 6,121,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwest09 View Post
While your being locked up, thousands are not locked up, coming across the border, but i'¹m sure their COVID free, so don't worry.
“No Gracias, Americans are dumb and infectious, lets just keep the Americans away. Perhaps the wall was the right call, to keep them inside. For just 5 cents a day you can sponsor an American”
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies