Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2020, 05:47 AM

13,623 posts, read 4,943,684 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
I don't understand? Democrats riot, kill people, burn down city blocks, and actually take over city centers with neither the police trying to stop them or DAs charging caught criminals.

You are worried about some talk by people who historically never do this kind of thing?

gaslight
Can you give an example of DEMOCRATS rioting, killing and burning? I know Antifa and other radicals do those things, but they are not Democrats.

Old 11-11-2020, 06:17 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,620,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
I wouldn't worry about it much.

I'm sure if Trump supporters do decide to "protest" it will be "mostly peaceful".
If they truly believe the election was stolen, by fraud...their protesting will be anything but peaceful!!

Think about it,the Biden presidency would be an illegitimate Govt in their opinion...they would not be permitted to obey or comply.

Old 11-11-2020, 06:24 AM

13,285 posts, read 8,465,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
Can you give an example of DEMOCRATS rioting, killing and burning? I know Antifa and other radicals do those things, but they are not Democrats.
^^^THIS^^^

Enough said.

Old 11-11-2020, 06:31 AM

25,116 posts, read 16,232,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
If he was expecting cheating why didn't he call for all his worshippers to be poll watchers?

The system he is fighting is not for you or the country. It is so he can have his own. Everything he has ever done as POTUS points to that.

King Donald. What do you want to bet if the courts rule against him in these no evidence lawsuit accusing people of cheating, he starts a stink so he can call out the army on Americans?
I'v got $1,000 the army/military is NOT called out on Americans opposed to Trump. Is that high enough, or you want more?

Old 11-11-2020, 09:07 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,465,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
And 99.9% living in the South or West side don't shoot anyone either, and they're mostly Liberal. What's your point?
I agree many good people south side I have known -but not 99.9% if that were true we would not be having this conversation

Old 11-11-2020, 09:18 AM

78,454 posts, read 60,666,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicano3000X View Post
Some folks here are posting thinly veiled threats.

I know the left seems to always be associated with property damage, but RWingers seem to be itching to really lock and load. Some folks here need mental help.

This is why Fox pulled back I'm sure. Because they don't wanna be responsible for the monster they helped create.
1. I agree that some RW's have gone off the rails. Some of them will wind up in prison like the morons in Michigan that plotted the abduction.

2. The left wing protests this summer caused billions in property damage, thousands of assaults, arsons, murders....so "seems" is an understatement. I would also note that several deranged left wingers, including posters on this forum, tried to claim that was all the doing of right wingers.

3. Most of it is just talk and keyboard warriors acting like little kids. As noted before, some will end up in prison when they start crossing the line and make specific threats or start planning something. That would be a small minority though.

4. I don't think we will see any prosecutors running around dropping charges or establishing bail funds for these guys either. Refreshing to see a fair application of justice and not the Jussie Smolletts treatment or the pass given out to the Madison, WI gal who burned herself and blamed white people.

Old 11-11-2020, 09:26 AM

78,454 posts, read 60,666,856 times
Quote:
Poverty, war on drugs, a system that barred people from owning a home for generations and laws that were used more to harass than protect. That causes a community to eat itself alive.

Unless we acknowledge these real roots of the problem, it will continue.
I agree with you.

But that is an expensive long-term fix and you know how politicians cheaply and effectively avoid dealing with the problem?

Blame guns and point fingers at the other people that won't let them greatly restrict them (as if the gangs would comply lol).

Imagine that you have crime and poverty gripping your neighborhood and the politician tries to push it off on guns. Next time you see that, ask yourself gee, then why do those other areas that fight gun restrictions have a murder rate 30 times lower. There are neighborhoods in Chicago just a few miles apart that have 30-40x the murder rate of each other, same police, same laws, same density of population. Gee...must be guns.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PpwJ1n7g1pM

Old 11-11-2020, 09:34 AM

68,333 posts, read 54,437,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maryclaire View Post
Where are the veiled threats? I think you're making too much of nothing...if not, show us.

The first post in this thread //www.city-data.com/forum/polit...upporters.html would seem the very definition of "veiled threat".

Old 11-11-2020, 09:37 AM

4,477 posts, read 3,305,155 times
Quote:
Some folks here are posting thinly veiled threats. I know the left seems to always be associated with property damage, but RWingers seem to be itching to really lock and load. Some folks here need mental help.
Evidence? Links? Video?

Old 11-11-2020, 09:41 AM

15,063 posts, read 6,183,132 times
Quote:
Some folks here are posting thinly veiled threats.

I know the left seems to always be associated with property damage, but RWingers seem to be itching to really lock and load. Some folks here need mental help.

This is why Fox pulled back I'm sure. Because they don't wanna be responsible for the monster they helped create.
Completely agree. It’s such a shame.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies