Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2020, 07:48 AM

3,410 posts, read 4,475,517 times

Advertisements

Some of you guys act like you are enlightening us with some secret knowledge. It's no secret that many inner-city neighborhoods are crime ridden. Instead of engaging in constructive dialogue, you choose to constantly harp on Blacks in general. The persistency really gives the impression that this comes from a bad place. Dumping on African Americans has been a national pass-time of sorts.

Old 11-11-2020, 07:50 AM

7,473 posts, read 4,028,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macdawgg View Post
Well-Well how interesting so let me chime in please. First off not ALL Blacks are on welfare or involved in gangs nor doing drugs! that mentality has been around for a long time and I see after all these years it still hasn't changed but let me share my personal experience with you. I've never been in a gang done drugs nor been on welfare. I've applied many times for jobs earlier in my career and over the phone I was practically handed the job and my last name is an Irish name but as soon as I walked thru that door it was a no-go!! now I'm NOT saying every interview I've had and job I didn't get was discrimination it wasn't but many were!! One time I had an employer setup an interview for me. The manager wanted to meet me in person which he did and once he saw me his entire persona did a 180. Yep I was dressed professionally had on my business blue pin stripe suit and this guy didn't ask me one question he just said well we have to be CAREFUL about the position. I could have done the job very easily since I worked for competitor and hands down had the experience but he just decided from looking at me that he didn't want to hire me. Well he had his two WHITE workers come in to meet me and that told me alot. Another time same thing only this manager keep saying I'm really concerned if you can do the job! I said I have the experience and could do so easily and he knew it but he kept saying "WELL I'm just not convinced" So I got the message! and while he showing me the company I'm looking around and didn't see ONE person of color. I have a friend who's latino and could go for white and her manager told her He'd NEVER hire a Black person and would hire a woman first. So with attitudes like this HOW-I repeat HOW are we supposed to as you say overcome this type of racism? Yes I'm successful today and make a good living but I wasn't going to let people like that stop me. I still see subtle racism in the work force today. If a company is a quote "equal" opportunity employer they'll hire one or two people of color and that's about it. Now again I said some companies not all. Yes things have changed but theirs still alot of work that needs to be done. So unless you have solutions then stop with the futile complaints! I've been hearing them for years and how so would you ask? I'm 67!!!!
I've seen it also. only reversed. A supervisor job came open...... white friend of mine with 10 years experience was looked at but they promoted a black guy who had only been there a year. I asked around.........he was given the job because he was black.

Old 11-11-2020, 07:51 AM

15,063 posts, read 6,195,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
The poverty rates among Native Americans and Alaskan Natives is higher than than of Black people. Their death rates from violent crime, drugs and alcohol are also higher in many parts of the US. Where is your criticism of them? Have they not been here for 1000's of years. Your parents seemed to have climbed the ladder to success much faster than them too, yes? What about poor whites in the south? They have been free members of the ruling class for over 300 years and yet they suffer from poverty violent crime and drugs also. You parents seemed to have achieved success faster than some poor white American whose family has been in Appalachia for 200 years. I guess its not politically correct to complain about Indians.
He’s adopted the practices of some racists who only complain about African-Americans because he thinks he will gain more favor from the majority. He turns a blind eye to the other groups because they won’t garner the attention he seeks.

Old 11-11-2020, 07:52 AM

73,120 posts, read 62,771,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Yep. There’s no way in hell that black Georgians are gonna go vote Republican. Hell no. Vote for your own destruction by voting in two Republican Senators who would rather see you at the bottom of a river?

Perish the thought.
Proof of that is the 2018 Georgia gubernatorial election. I voted in that one. 93 percent of Black voters voted for Stacey Abrams. I was among those who voted for Abrams. 6 percent voted for Kemp. Kemp managed to win anyway, by a margin of 1.39%.

Having lived in Georgia, I could never vote for the GOP politicians that run Georgia. I'm talking specifically about Georgia. I'm ardently against the Confederate flag and I favor Confederate statues being removed from public spaces. That puts me at odds with most Georgia Republicans.

Old 11-11-2020, 07:53 AM

73,120 posts, read 62,771,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
Blacks don’t vote GOP, GOP has nothing to do with the welfare of blacks

Blacks overwhelmingly support Democrats, for many decades, and we can see how well that has paid off:
How does voting Democrat cause Black people to riot? You haven't explained that. The only thin I see out of you is your resentment towards Black people.

Old 11-11-2020, 07:54 AM

24,730 posts, read 9,533,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VitaminB12 View Post
GOP.... keeping poor whites stupid and poor.
Better than keeping poor whites shot up...

Quote:
Chicago Weekend Violence: At Least 6 Killed, 35 Wounded In Shootings So Far This Weekend
https://chicago.cbslocal.com/2020/11...-this-weekend/

Guess they didn’t hear about Black Lives Matter

Old 11-11-2020, 07:54 AM

63,062 posts, read 29,256,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VitaminB12 View Post
Yawn..... small pecker angry white males. The same thing was said about every immigrant group..... Remember the prohibition era?

Last time I checked my history.... no other group was a legal slave in america or had similar jim crow laws.
I hope you were being sarcastic about white males. Black Americans aren't immigrants either.

Old 11-11-2020, 07:57 AM

2,774 posts, read 905,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by double6's View Post
to the OP..your thinly veiled prejudiced views are shining brightly this morning aren't they?

clearly you're just another pissed off trumper, but taking it out on the black community must seem like a temporary pacifier for your unjustified anger about the loser in chief..go find something constructive to do..
I can't claim to have coined this saying, but your adolescent response to the OP's post proves what I've been saying for years....."Truth is the new hate speech".

As long as you keep whining and accusing whitey of "holding down the black man" you'll never climb out of your victimhood.

The only thing that will ever change the black community for the better is the black community. The intelligent blacks who step away from the ghetto life and improve their lot by becoming educated and working hard are called Uncle Tom's by people like yourself.

Old 11-11-2020, 07:57 AM

24,730 posts, read 9,533,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
How does voting Democrat cause Black people to riot? You haven't explained that. The only thin I see out of you is your resentment towards Black people.
I’ve explained many times why the black community is in disarray:

No fathers in the house due to the welfare state subsidized by Democrats who reward poor women for procreating without fathers.

You really thing black kids grow up wanting to be in jail or in an early grave? No.

Old 11-11-2020, 07:58 AM

35,770 posts, read 21,134,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
Yes, of course they're better off! They just got a 15% raise, whereas under Obama low-income wages were flat.

Let's figure: they just got about a $230 monthly raise. Where I live, that would pay for my electric bill AND leave me an extra $100 to put toward better quality groceries or gas in the car.
Who got a 15% raise? The property managers, electric co, gas co., grocery store? A small one bedroom in town outside Orlando is $1200 a mo. no utilities- typical resort, park, Disney workers make for $8 to $12 an hour if lucky. Take out taxes -SS-maybe ins., gas or transportation... gets you where?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies