Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2020, 12:53 PM

12,350 posts, read 9,771,389 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedirtypirate View Post
Oh yeah, the worst president of our age is trying unsuccessfully to throw out millions of legal votes in multiple states to win the election, and his fanatical followers are ready to go to "war" with their fellow American's due to him telling them too.

Take a step back buddy and layoff the ghetto trash 'gatewaypundit' right wing propaganda.
Unless you can prove that the video is not authentic, your post is pointless hot air. No one is surprised.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2020, 12:56 PM

1,969 posts, read 547,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
You leftists have no issues whatsoever with the message when one of you posts something from Vox, Salon, Mother Jones, Vanity Fair, ect.... Get off your pathetically partisan high horses allready.
if you cant argue facts, attack the source. if you cant argue the source, call people names. if that doesnt work, beat them up. if you cant win, cheat. its all in the left playbook

Old 11-16-2020, 12:57 PM

26,580 posts, read 14,510,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradnsota View Post
This is sad. What is wrong with people today?

if she was threatened then i def agree with punitive action being taken but so far we have just one side of the story:

“On November 14, 2020 at 8:43 am, an attorney at Kirkland & Ellis left a one-minute voicemail for undersigned counsel. The voicemail, which has been provided to counsel of record from Kirkland & Ellis in this case and will be provided to the Court via email upon request, speaks for itself and by any measure falls afoul of standards of professional conduct.”

i'm going to reserve judgement till i hear exactly what was said.

Old 11-16-2020, 12:57 PM
Status: "This too shall pass. But possibly, like a kidney stone." (set 2 days ago)

35,889 posts, read 18,202,668 times
I wish there was a transcript of the call/calls in question.

Boockvar, in the court paper, characterizes the call as "discourteous", and the OP headline says "Trump's Lawyer's Life Threatened".

There's an awful wide gap between those two descriptions.

Linda Kerns, the attorney who is claiming harassment, says of the voicemail in question - "speaks for itself and by any measure falls afoul of standards of professional conduct.”

Old 11-16-2020, 12:59 PM

1,253 posts, read 505,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
if she was threatened then i def agree with punitive action being taken but so far we have just one side of the story:

“On November 14, 2020 at 8:43 am, an attorney at Kirkland & Ellis left a one-minute voicemail for undersigned counsel. The voicemail, which has been provided to counsel of record from Kirkland & Ellis in this case and will be provided to the Court via email upon request, speaks for itself and by any measure falls afoul of standards of professional conduct.”

i'm going to reserve judgement till i hear exactly what was said.
I would agree, except the law firm then admitted the call did come from one of their phones.

I just think it's sad that people feel the need to threaten people's livelihood and/or lives over politics.

Old 11-16-2020, 12:59 PM

7,743 posts, read 5,555,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
You leftists have no issues whatsoever with the message when one of you posts something from Vox, Salon, Mother Jones, Vanity Fair, ect.... Get off your pathetically partisan high horses allready.

Think about it from this perspective... The original post in this article has a long and confusing title that says someone's "Life" was threatened like murder or something. No where does it say it in the documents linked. More likely the guy was told he will be blackballed and "life" would be ruined.

Why are misleading and dangerous titles like this wrong? The second post of this thread demonstrates why. The first post just feeds into the narrative of the second post. That violence is the only due course.

Old 11-16-2020, 01:01 PM

9,434 posts, read 4,285,503 times
Here is the real story
https://www.google.com/amp/s/aboveth...and-ellis/amp/

Old 11-16-2020, 01:02 PM
Status: "This too shall pass. But possibly, like a kidney stone." (set 2 days ago)

35,889 posts, read 18,202,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foodyum View Post
HAHAHA "Kerns would very much like to speak to the manager".

oh, funny

Old 11-16-2020, 01:03 PM

19,795 posts, read 12,354,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradnsota View Post
I would agree, except the law firm then admitted the call did come from one of their phones.

I just think it's sad that people feel the need to threaten people's livelihood and/or lives over politics.
They are blaming an ignorant junior attorney who they claim has nothing to do with the case. So just a young overzealous buck with a lil case of TDS, but not representative of their firm.

Old 11-16-2020, 01:05 PM

61,286 posts, read 87,621,301 times
Sad that what should be news is only treated as opinion
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies