Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2020, 03:08 PM

1,253 posts, read 505,697 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
And how do you know he did? Best evidence would be a recording, or at least a transcript of the call in question. Not someone's characterization which has been disputed. If the proof is out there, let's see(hear) it
I am going by the filing and have no reason to think otherwise until proven otherwise....especially as the offending law firm first tried to hide it and then did an about face and admitted it did come from their firm's phone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2020, 05:55 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,988,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradnsota View Post
Absolutely, except Democrats think it's A-Ok to do to someone else, just not to their own. Democrats here bend over backwards to excuse the actions of their own, but are the first to attack the other side, even if that attack is based on false information.
Obviously you don't realize that conservatives do this for conservatives too... I have no team but I believe most Republicans are not someone I would consider voting, especially if they condone what Trump has done. It will take a long time especially if the Republicans do not disavow Trump after the Electoral College declares Biden winner.

Old 11-16-2020, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
Obviously you don't realize that conservatives do this for conservatives too... I have no team but I believe most Republicans are not someone I would consider voting, especially if they condone what Trump has done. It will take a long time especially if the Republicans do not disavow Trump after the Electoral College declares Biden winner.
What has Trump done? He is (in a losing cause) exercising every legal option prior to the votes being certified and the delegates voting in December to elect Harris/Biden. Harris/Biden had planned on doing the same thing if they lost, as is evidenced by the fact they sent teams of lawyers ahead of time to the swing states.

Old 11-16-2020, 07:11 PM

24,201 posts, read 19,298,461 times
Quote:
I am going by the filing and have no reason to think otherwise until proven otherwise....especially as the offending law firm first tried to hide it and then did an about face and admitted it did come from their firm's phone.
yeah that isn't how it works. The person making the allegation is the one with the burden of proof to show that it's true

Where's the evidence? Why is she hiding it? Does it really even exist? It's not anyone's job to prove a negative

Old 11-16-2020, 07:24 PM

Quote:
What has Trump done? He is (in a losing cause) exercising every legal option prior to the votes being certified and the delegates voting in December to elect Harris/Biden. Harris/Biden had planned on doing the same thing if they lost, as is evidenced by the fact they sent teams of lawyers ahead of time to the swing states.
And I'm so sure you'd defend Harris/Biden the same way you are Trump...

Old 11-16-2020, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
yeah that isn't how it works. The person making the allegation is the one with the burden of proof to show that it's true

Where's the evidence? Why is she hiding it? Does it really even exist? It's not anyone's job to prove a negative
Are you aware the evidence gets presented in court, not to people on social media?

Old 11-16-2020, 07:46 PM

Quote:
And I'm so sure you'd defend Harris/Biden the same way you are Trump...
They would be irresponsible if they did not. I have no doubt Trump will not prevail, but he is well within his rights to exhaust every avenue. Harris/Biden would have the same right and were fully prepared to do so.

Old 11-16-2020, 07:50 PM

Quote:
They would be irresponsible if they did not. I have no doubt Trump will not prevail, but he is well within his rights to exhaust every avenue. Harris/Biden would have the same right and were fully prepared to do so.
I don't buy it. You're a Trump apologist. Just go through your back history of posts and threads. You only have a handful of posts that are remotely critical of Trump.

Old 11-16-2020, 07:58 PM

Quote:
I don't buy it. You're a Trump apologist. Just go through your back history of posts and threads. You only have a handful of posts that are remotely critical of Trump.
I voted straight Republican for the first time in my life, to stop a Blue Wave. I am a former Democrat. As long as we have split government, I'm good. I certainly would pick Trump over Harris/Biden, because policies over-ride Trumps horrific personality. I have stated all along, Trump will not win the election. I called every single state correctly, except one. I have stated Trump will not win in his legal attempt. I have stated Trump's team needs to put up or shut up. I have stated those believing Trump will win are tin foil hat wearers at this point. How much more do you want me to say about Trump? He has a horrid mouth. He is not a uniter. He is not presidential. However, I like just about all the policies. I don't vote on feelings. I don't care if the guy is nice or a jerk. I care about policies. Jimmy Carter is the single nicest person on the entire planet. I'd have a drink with him any day. He was an awful President. Trump is a total freaking turd. A jerk. A liar. But his policies are ones I like.

I'm sorry you can't seem to think in more big picture way. I'm sorry it's all about party for you. I think bigger picture than that.

Old 11-16-2020, 08:01 PM

21,945 posts, read 25,312,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Her life may have been threatened by anonymous weirdos out there, like every controversial political figure. Who knows.

But this guy, who she's trying to drag to court along with his very prestigious law firm, did not do that.

And she would very much like to speak to the manager.
Or maybe he did. But that's not what the filing says. It just said he left me a mean message ("falls afoul of standards of professional conduct" and "abusive"). I mean, we'd all like to think attorneys aren't that stupid to be making death threats but then there was that NY lawyer from a big box corporate firm that was tossing Molotov's at police cars.

Certainly death threats would be considered falling afoul of standards of professional conduct and would be considered abusive, but there's lots of other things that could as well. Your shoes are ugly and I think you're a horrible person would fall afoul of standards of professional conduct and would also be considered abusive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies