Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-16-2020, 07:48 PM

8,354 posts, read 6,446,227 times

Advertisements

she stays drunk enough she won't even notice.

Old 11-16-2020, 07:50 PM

1,969 posts, read 545,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VA Yankee View Post
So I guess it's time to start the protest lines outside of Mar-a-Lago in Palm Beach...
go for it!

Old 11-16-2020, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
i strongly doubt you'd think it was "silly" if 100 cars full of people showed up at your house after dark and blocked you in your driveway, and you had to call the cops.

i bet you could think of another adjective than 'silly'
well if i was on tv calling half the country deplorable, id actually EXPECT more than a few cars. AND be grateful i didnt get off'ed

Old 11-16-2020, 08:00 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,685,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
So now its ok. got it.

No one is threatening Clinton, they're expressing their feelings. As long as they do so legally I am all for defending them. The violent ones, and ONLY the violent ones or those breaking the law? Those folks need to go. Maybe if you held serious views like I do you would realize you need to apply them equally. No matter the side.

In your world you would argue for those doing this to a Republican to be tear gassed and assaulted. In mine we protect protestors, and arrest those who commit violence.
Don't declare WAR, if you cannot fight one.

Old 11-16-2020, 08:02 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 14 days ago)

35,653 posts, read 18,015,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00lucky00 View Post
well if i was on tv calling half the country deplorable, id actually EXPECT more than a few cars. AND be grateful i didnt get off'ed
really. you'd expect to be killed for that.

interesting. my world doesn't work that way. you can make disparaging comments, and live to tell the tale.

in my world, we have something called freedom of speech that, by and large, the bulk of us support.

Old 11-16-2020, 08:03 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,397,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Don't declare WAR, if you cannot fight one.
I prefer to act like an adult who loves their country and constitution where folks have the right to protest, but not to harm others, your nonsense? Well...it speaks for itself.

Old 11-16-2020, 08:07 PM

Quote:
I think ALL OF US in this thread flinched and teared up when we saw that guy at the Saturday MAGA rally. The guy in the grey jacket with orange trim, who was assaulted and his head stomped on.

That was absolutely awful, and I was glad to see he was able to be pulled to his feet by other bystanders and he appeared conscious and able to walk away.

We're not each other's enemy.

Seeing these people descend on the Clinton home to terrify and intimidate them isn't right, and it wasn't right when those thugs broke through the gated community this summer and made the homeowners afraid enough to get their guns and defend their homes.

Those on the left, who go to work every day, who you see in your churches and grocery stores and neighborhood barbecues and thanksgiving gatherings are NOT YOUR ENEMY. They don't want your neighborhoods burned and torched.

We're all in this together, and one group of rioting thugs does not make it ok for another mob of very threatening people pull up and surround your home and close off your escape route and terrify you.

Harden not your hearts. What's an injustice and a horror done to one, is an injustice and a horror done to all.

And don't even say "dems started it". Who STARTED it, was the cop who knelt on George Floyd's back until he was dead. While the crowd begged him to get off, and George Floyd cried out for his mother in his dying moments.
i was horrified. couldnt believe it.

then i read every available fact and concluded he died of an overdose. it did appear the cop killed him. but that is simply not true.

so maybe we should leave floyde out of the convo

Old 11-16-2020, 08:15 PM

Quote:
really. you'd expect to be killed for that.

interesting. my world doesn't work that way. you can make disparaging comments, and live to tell the tale.

in my world, we have something called freedom of speech that, by and large, the bulk of us support.
dont forget the right to protest.

in my world....

play stupid games, win stupid prizes. and i dont poke bears because we both know there are crackpots out there and one never knows who will do what. its not right, but its the world.

Old 11-16-2020, 08:20 PM

19,248 posts, read 17,124,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zymurgist View Post
She happens to be a US Congresscritter unlike the protesters. She has huge support among the Democrat party don't kid yourself.
I was referring to the right wing nuts in Congress...

Old 11-16-2020, 08:21 PM

8,196 posts, read 2,851,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
That's okay -- put the secret service in harms way so you you feel good about folks harassing the Clintons.

What a silly argument to justify wrong behavior.

It's all wrong.
Protesting is not a wrong behavior. They are harming no one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies