Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2020, 07:23 AM

16,216 posts, read 11,353,547 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedirtypirate View Post
More victim narrative from the snowflake party.

Toughen up right wingers. No one cares what social media you use.
And your use of the demonizing catch-phrase "right-wing" (TRANSLATION: Any values not vetted and anointed as Sufficiently Politically Correct by the MSM) tells me something about you.

Last edited by 2nd trick op; 11-17-2020 at 08:10 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2020, 07:23 AM

8,840 posts, read 4,812,426 times
"House eunuch", nice. That one may even be second grade level. Progress.

Old 11-17-2020, 07:24 AM

7,740 posts, read 5,531,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX Wahine View Post
Well no; you’re completely wrong here, hence the highlighted CNN piece which illustrates something entirely different altogether.

But bless your little heart. You’re trying.

A random CNN contributor is pointing out echo chambers are bad. Do I need to explain why twitter isn't an "echo chamber" vs. Parler? Twitter is filled with left wing and right wing and centrist people. Parler is filled with right wing extremists that only hear the "echo" of their own voice.

Old 11-17-2020, 07:25 AM

3,651 posts, read 1,609,003 times
Can you use Parler on a PC and not as a phone app?

Old 11-17-2020, 07:26 AM

9,913 posts, read 9,608,571 times
I guess he would also tell the East Berlin people not to tear down the Berlin Wall too.

Old 11-17-2020, 07:27 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,305,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
So people are supposed to stay on FaceBook and Twitter, to have their opinions and even hard news censored??? Facebook and Twitter are turning into left-wing thought police sites, where only their warped version of reality is allowed to be voiced.

CNN: Parler Is A ‘Threat To Democracy’ And Is ‘Bad For The Country’

“I think big picture Pamela, here’s the concerning trend line here: people are going more and more into their own echo chambers, more and more into their own bubbles, especially Trump voters,” said Stelter, who is often referred to as CNN’s “house eunuch” by conservative pundit tucker Carlson.

“Mmm, that’s what I was gonna say,” Brown said, nodding in agreement.

“There’s this new social media app called Parler getting a lot of attention because conservatives are leaving, saying they’re leaving Twitter and Facebook, going off to Parler because they believe Parler is a safer space for them,”
Stelter continued. “What we’re seeing is even more of a bunker mentality in right-wing media, and ultimately that’s not good for the country.”

Brown then offered up her words of wisdom on the issue: “No, it’s not good, it’s a threat to democracy, um, that these people are in echo chambers and getting fed a diets of lies, essentially.”
Of course they are.

The left keeps telling me there's no censorship out there and that private companies can do what they want.

Hope the keep that logic in place for Parler.

Old 11-17-2020, 07:27 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,517,404 times
Quote:
A random CNN contributor is pointing out echo chambers are bad. Do I need to explain why twitter isn't an "echo chamber" vs. Parler? Twitter is filled with left wing and right wing and centrist people. Parler is filled with right wing extremists that only hear the "echo" of their own voice.
Oh, now he’s just a “random CNN contributor? “

You are just darling.

Old 11-17-2020, 07:29 AM

7,740 posts, read 5,531,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nd trick op View Post
And your use of the demonizing catch-phrase "right-wing" (TRANSLATION: "Any values not vetted and anointed as Sufficiently Politically Correct by the MSM) tells me something about you.

..what would you like to be referred to as? I have seen people complaining about being called "Trumpers", "right-wingers", "Trumpists", etc. What's the politically correct name you would like people to refer to Trump's supporters as?

Old 11-17-2020, 07:30 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,517,404 times
Quote:
..what would you like to be referred to as? I have seen people complaining about being called "Trumpers", "right-wingers", "Trumpists", etc. What's the politically correct name you would like people to refer to Trump's supporters as?
Republicans.

Old 11-17-2020, 07:30 AM

3,537 posts, read 2,864,604 times
Quote:
More victim narrative from the snowflake party.

Toughen up right wingers. No one cares what social media you use.
apparently CNN is quite concerned , i guess that makes them the snowflakes
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies