Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2020, 12:53 PM

9,885 posts, read 7,217,312 times

Advertisements

There has been some sort of energy efficiency credit on the books for many, many years. You can put new windows in and take up to a $500 tax credit. That's the same that it was in 2007 when I took advantage of it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2020, 12:54 PM

6,672 posts, read 2,975,051 times
on topic.

I know already that there are some programs that incentivise solar panels and energy efficient stuff.

They don't outright Pay you for it,..but more in the way of tax breaks or rebates. I know I got a rebate from my local energy company for simply using a certain type of AC unit. And my sister( not socialized!) gets lower bills for having the town install solar panels.

This is sorta like the Green New Deal "lite", I imagine.

Old 11-24-2020, 12:55 PM

8,196 posts, read 2,845,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
A roll of duct tape will work, and it's under five bucks.
And they make all kinds of flashy, gaudy colors nowadays too. Maybe a roll of plastic to cover the windows what with a daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaark winter coming and all that jazz. Shoot, OP could even use some over their mouth and nose (at the same time of course) as a mask.

Old 11-24-2020, 01:00 PM

8,726 posts, read 7,414,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradnsota View Post
No matter who is POTUS and who controls Congress, I always adjust to profit as much as possible off of it. I have been planning to replace my single pane windows with high quality insulated double pane impact windows. This is a very expensive project. I'd rather not pay for much of it myself. I'd rather get you to pay for it. Now that Harris/Biden will be running things next year, has anyone read through all of their energy efficiency upgrades at tax payers expense plans? Will Harris/Biden be forcing you to buy my windows for me? I don't want to pull the trigger too soon and foolishly use my own money, when I could use yours instead.
You just described stadiums, grants, many contracts for projects than run thousands of percent over budget, schools, etc, etc. I will even extend to subsidizing and tax breaks, things Joe Plumber sure as hell does to get in the scale of many corporations.

Old 11-24-2020, 01:01 PM

4,960 posts, read 2,238,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJLamb0518 View Post
Since she's been dead for 6 years, that would track for the type of woman you could get......
Probably didn't stop her from voting.

Old 11-24-2020, 01:05 PM

2,361 posts, read 1,752,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad_Jasper View Post
Probably didn't stop her from voting.
You wish....she had dementia, so she would've voted for Trump.

Old 11-24-2020, 01:06 PM

25,447 posts, read 9,809,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradnsota View Post
No matter who is POTUS and who controls Congress, I always adjust to profit as much as possible off of it. I have been planning to replace my single pane windows with high quality insulated double pane impact windows. This is a very expensive project. I'd rather not pay for much of it myself. I'd rather get you to pay for it. Now that Harris/Biden will be running things next year, has anyone read through all of their energy efficiency upgrades at tax payers expense plans? Will Harris/Biden be forcing you to buy my windows for me? I don't want to pull the trigger too soon and foolishly use my own money, when I could use yours instead.
Wow. How deep did you have to dig to come up with that?

Old 11-24-2020, 01:18 PM

546 posts, read 243,233 times
Maybe Obama has some of his 'stash' left...

Old 11-24-2020, 01:24 PM

1,253 posts, read 503,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJLamb0518 View Post
How expensive ARE mobile home windows nowadays? Maybe we can scrape together a gofundme to get you some windows and a fancy indoor toilet, too.
Very expensive in my home.
Attached Thumbnails
I Want New Windows & I Want You To Pay For Them For Me-screen-shot-2020-11-24-3.23.52  

Old 11-24-2020, 01:27 PM

1,253 posts, read 503,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by naicha View Post
on topic.

I know already that there are some programs that incentivise solar panels and energy efficient stuff.

They don't outright Pay you for it,..but more in the way of tax breaks or rebates. I know I got a rebate from my local energy company for simply using a certain type of AC unit. And my sister( not socialized!) gets lower bills for having the town install solar panels.

This is sorta like the Green New Deal "lite", I imagine.
I was looking at solar as well, but can't see the financial benefits. I got multiple quotes and the price is around $75,000 and that won't even cover 100% of my energy costs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies