Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2020, 09:46 AM
bu2

24,106 posts, read 14,891,132 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
It's not puzzling at all. For six months before "Election Day" Democrats went to Court in swing states run by Democrat state officeholders or Democrat machines in big cities with Republican governors (GA, AZ). They forum shopped until they got Democrat partisans posing as judges to agree to rewrite election laws by using COVID-19 as the pretext.

Then, on election night, the key states stopped counting and stuffed the ballot boxes with fraudulent mail in ballots. Nobody will ever be able to prove it in time to make a difference, but it's pretty obvious what happened.
Anyone paying attention knew that even if Biden didn't have the biggest voter fraud organization in history as he claimed, they dog whistled to all the corrupt local officials to cheat as much as possible. And there is no doubt that they did so.

Only questions are whether they did enough to flip states and whether the Republicans will be able to prove it. Don't know about the first, but the 2nd is doubtful at this point.

Old 11-29-2020, 09:47 AM
bu2

24,106 posts, read 14,891,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
So now we have anonymous "threats" to judges and lawyers in the ever expanding conspiracy to "get Trump".
Several lawyers have reported it. Several organizations have publicly tried to harm financially and harrass lawyers assisting Trump. Those are facts Mr. ostrich.

Old 11-29-2020, 09:52 AM

23,861 posts, read 24,115,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasLawyer2000 View Post
So far, the republican judges have found no evidence of widespread fraud.
Your whole comment was framed as though you were being objective, but this last sentence blew up that facade.

It also showcases the goal post change that’s occurred since the election. It went from “no fraud” to “no widespread fraud.”

Next it’ll be “the fraud wasn’t enough to change the outcome” and finally it’ll be “Trump stole the election!”

I actually don’t think there’s enough time for Trump to pull it out electorally. There’s another strategy at play. But you get the point. You’re a lawyer. Of course you do. Shifting goal posts is part of your job.

Old 11-29-2020, 10:02 AM

23,861 posts, read 24,115,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasLawyer2000 View Post
If there was any crime at all. The republican party had their observers in place. You can't just refer to a crime that there's no evidence of.
As a lawyer, you specifically understand what the word “evidence” means, both in the law and in common use. You know what a sworn affidavit is. I can only assume that you’re deliberately misrepresenting what’s been produced.

You are very specifically and intentionally contributing to the divide in this forum and country.

Old 11-29-2020, 10:09 AM

8,299 posts, read 3,813,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
You are very specifically and intentionally contributing to the divide in this forum and country.
I disagree...

That being said, a divide between Trump liberals and democrat liberals isn't such a bad thing if it can open up the gates for conservatives in the future. A presidential race with no conservative candidates is too one sided.

Old 11-29-2020, 10:10 AM

426 posts, read 223,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
When the democrats lawyers fought to change rules it was to be able to open this election up for fraud. The dems did not want a secure election. We see what they changed and it wasn't for security. We are not dumb. It was to steal an election using covid as the pathway to fraud.
Senate Democrats tried repeatedly to bring up election security bills on the floor without success. They were all blocked by Republicans. Almost as if they realized their only strategy was to be able to claim fraud but make sure there were not enough controls in place to convince their continuants that no fraud occurred.

As I’ve said previously, imagine being the party that engaged in various forms of voter suppression for years--purging voter rolls, closing polling sites, restricting early voting, even sabotaging the US mail-- but then still losing and having the nerve to complain that the *other* party somehow cheated.

This is the ultimate grift against their marks to replenish their fundraising coffers.

Old 11-29-2020, 10:15 AM

9,913 posts, read 9,593,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
So now we have anonymous "threats" to judges and lawyers in the ever expanding conspiracy to "get Trump".
Trump said that. If that is true, then there is no justice.

Old 11-29-2020, 10:21 AM

2,187 posts, read 1,383,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aceter View Post
How did Florida, Michigan, Ohio, and Pennsylvania go for Obama in 2008 & 2012, and flip to Trump in 2016 ? never mind ...LOL!!!

Your comment is disconnected from the topic at hand. The issue isn't that swing states can vote for either party. Read the OP again.

Old 11-29-2020, 10:30 AM

7,826 posts, read 2,729,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorel36 View Post
When unusual patterns happen in Wall street they trigger an automatic fraud investigation by the SEC. How can you win both Florida and Ohio and lose Michigan ? How can a Republican win comfortably in NC but lose in GA ? Win TX in a landslide and lose in AZ ?!
These things happen in about every election. Texas decreased it's Red State margin from 16 points in 2012 to 9 points in 2016 to 5.5 points in 2020. Ohio's demographics have changed leaning more red, while Michigan voters returned home. Florida is just Florida. I too thought NC would go before Georgia but Georgia just came off a close race with Stacey Abrams for Gov so the infrastructure was in place. I don's think Georgia will go back, it looks like a another VA to me. I think people underestimated the demographic change in GA especially among Asian Americans.

Old 11-29-2020, 10:49 AM

4,477 posts, read 3,302,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by webster View Post
I'm in the media market for two Congressional districts. In neither did the GOP candidate run an ad saying he was a republican. That's how toxic Trump is where I live. Its little surprise that voters voted for Biden and then voted for a GOP candidate they knew who was a local person.
I live in a media market for probably 10 Congressional districts, maybe more; not a single candidate in any of the TV ads said what party they were in. All promised to be fiscally responsible, make America safe and hug kittens. It's ridiculous.

But are you saying the Dem candidate was NOT a local person? I know that is true for Nancy Pelosi who lives in Napa Valley on her vineyard, but runs for Congress in San Francisco where she keeps a $4,000 refrigerator filled with $15 pints of ice cream.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies